30 for 30: Halfway There!

07/05/2011 18 Comments

30 for 30: Halfway There!

07/05/2011 18 Comments
striped tank dress (Ross, $10) | chambray button-up (Beall’s Outlet) | thrifted belt | Antonio Melani leather espadrilles

Mom’s Maltese, Henry, the photo bomb.

When I was getting dressed this morning {after some weekend laundry catch-up} I noticed that there are a few pieces from my 30 that I haven’t worn yet in this remix. This striped tank dress was one of them. So I threw it on, and realized about halfway through the morning that short dresses paired with wedges are neither practical nor comfortable for work. You can’t even imagine the awkward bending, sitting, and dress tugging that went down all day. I’ll have to wear shorts or pants tomorrow to catch up on all the work I avoided today.

I think I’ll move this dress to the “play clothes” section of the closet…

• Carrie K 07/08/2011 at 2:39 am

love the stripes and the bright shoes! the nail polish really caught my eye…what color is that? im a polish junkie…lol

• Meggy 07/07/2011 at 10:48 pm

Looove the pop of yellow shoes!! And the stripes (of course)! :)

Meggy from Chasing Davies

• Marjorie 07/07/2011 at 3:44 am

the yellows shoes were a nice surprise and added spunk to the whole outfit. really nice, laidback and cute.

• Cara 07/06/2011 at 7:23 pm

I love the pop of color with those yellow shoes! The chambray shirt is very cool as a layering piece. What color is that nail polish color, it’s got such a nice, deep color.

• Leslie 07/06/2011 at 6:46 pm

love the stripes and denim, the yellow pop is the perfect bonus!

• noguiltfashion 07/06/2011 at 2:39 pm

You look great. I love those shoes with this dress, and the chambray shirt is a great addition.

• Sofia 07/06/2011 at 1:53 pm

Such a cute outfit! The chambray really adds to it.

• The DayLeigh 07/06/2011 at 11:37 am

love the belt and the belted shirt over the dress look. Also love your pup! Too Cute!

• dotty 07/06/2011 at 11:10 am

the belted shirt here looks fantastic!

dash dot dotty

• Linda 07/06/2011 at 9:02 am

I’m giving you some link love later today! xo

• carolien 07/06/2011 at 2:07 am

haha, i’ve definitely had that problem before. i have a short skirt + a pair of heels in my 30, and those are the only 2 things i haven’t worn! i wonder why i included them in the first place!!!

that dress is supercute, though!

caroline – pictures & words

• anastasiac 07/05/2011 at 10:33 pm

its a great look though – love it!

• Kayley 07/05/2011 at 10:15 pm

You are totally kicking this 30 for 30s butt. Especially loving your looks this time around!

• Robin 07/05/2011 at 9:49 pm

I LOVE those yellow shoes! And the chambray top is great over that striped dress. I love this look for you!

• SWFTerra 07/05/2011 at 9:21 pm

Impractical for work, perhaps. But whatevs. You look adorable of course. I’m a sucker for yellow with nautical stripes.

• Amy 07/05/2011 at 9:03 pm

Cute outfit. I love the pop of yellow

• Jane Squared 07/05/2011 at 8:39 pm

The pop of yellow is unexpected, but super cute.

• Sydney 07/05/2011 at 8:27 pm

I think you and Kendi had the same “short dress problem”, I hear you guys haha