How-To Video: Easy Breezy Curls Tutorial

07/27/2011 21 Comments

How-To Video: Easy Breezy Curls Tutorial

07/27/2011 21 Comments

Think you have hopelessly un-curlable hair? I did, too. Until my stylist showed me what I was doing wrong. I made this video to share a few tips and tricks so you can create your own beachy waves, sans frustration and fall-out.

Have ideas or suggestions for other tutorials and how-tos? Let me know in the comments!

Products used in this video: got2b Rockin’ it Dry Shampoo | Shu Uemura Essence Absolue | 1.75″ ceramic curling iron purchased at Sally Beauty Supply several years ago (similar one here) | Silky Dirt | L’Oreal Elnett Satin Hold Hairspray | Redken Shine Flash

• Kayla 04/26/2012 at 11:52 am

I’ve followed your tutorial guidelines three times now. And I’m glad I didn’t give up, because the third try was the charm for me. The first to times I was using a way too big of curling iron, so I wasn’t getting the good relaxed curls, more like wierd waves. After using a 1.5″ curling iron, its so awesome. Hope that tip helps other readers! Thanks for the tutorial Keira!

• […] because I’m lazy, and when faced with the decision of an hour of blow-out/flat iron vs. quick easy waves, the latter wins every […]

• Leslie 08/14/2011 at 12:27 pm

Thank you so much for this video!!! I tried curling my hair today and it looked fab thanks to your advice!!

• Pamela 08/02/2011 at 2:10 pm

Can you be any more adorable?! Thanks for the video.

• Kate 08/01/2011 at 9:11 pm

You’ve convinced me. I’m going to give the curling iron one more try. Your video is adorable! Thanks for the tip on Birchbox! I’m anxiously awaiting my first box in August!

• lyndsay 08/01/2011 at 6:27 pm
  • ShopFast 07/31/2011 at 7:41 am

Honestly, could you get any cuter! Your blog is such a treat! I feel like everytime I read it, I get a new surprise present. “what’s she gonna do next?” From the birchbox to the DIYs, I’m always smiling. Despite the fact that I blog a little, I rarely read blogs. Yours is one I try to visit often.

• Dawn Marie 07/30/2011 at 9:26 pm

Just wanted to let you know I watched this video a few days away, and followed almost every direction. I don’t have a high heat curling iron, so I used my straightener. But I LOVED how it turned out! It’s been at least 12 hours, and there are STILL curls! I cannot believe it. I never knew dirtier hair held better, and I never knew how to hold the tool properly. Thank you so much for the tutorial! I’m wearing curls more often!

mustlovecolor.blogspot.com

• heidi 07/29/2011 at 9:16 pm

i loved this tutorial, thank you so much for taking the time to make the video and share it with us. i have always been curling my hair the wrong way too and had an inkling that i was doing it wrong, and this just confirmed that. i’m excited to try working the curling iron differently and hope i see some better results!

• Anonymous 07/29/2011 at 6:50 am

great tutorial, u are so pretty

• Anonymous 07/28/2011 at 11:21 pm

love this!…can you do more beauty product posts? Yours are my fave !!

• […] morning, which rarely happens so I had an extra 75 minutes to spend with myself! I decided to try A Pretty Penny’s hairdo tips because I occasionally get tired of my same old naturally curly hairdo and she made it look really […]

• The Little Bit 07/28/2011 at 10:42 pm

oh my goodness. you are magical! trying this over the weekend! :) thanks for being super helpful to the ones that have hair that will never curl! :)

• jackie 07/28/2011 at 6:56 pm

unrelated, but your skin is FLAWLESS. i’m jealous. what do you do?

• krystynfrye 07/28/2011 at 6:23 pm

Great tutorial! My hair holds curl really well so I’m going to try this technique soon.

• Cora 07/28/2011 at 6:10 pm

I tried your technique this morning and… my hair looks awesome! It’s naturally wavy anyway, but in a very firzzy and disorganized way. Now, using your method, I have these lovely light curls that give my hair body and definition (and disguise the fact that i couldn’t be bothered to wash it today). I’ve never had curls look this good… THANK YOU!

• Anonymous 07/27/2011 at 10:19 pm

You’re adorable!! And a complete natural, I don’t think I’ve ever seen anyone be so sweet and precise and not self-conscious. Thanks a bunch for this, it’s been bookmarked! :)

• Kristen 07/27/2011 at 10:13 pm

I absolutely love this! I cannot thank you enough for posting such an adorable video doing a how-to for this.
    I have long hair that is only straight unless I do a 45 second hot iron on each curl — so annoying!
    This helps tons! (:

• Allie 07/27/2011 at 9:58 pm

You are so great! I remember when I first learned not to start at the bottom of my hair to curl…life changing! Or hair changing, at least, haha. Great tutorial!!

Allie @ my WOREdrobe

• tulipstokissyouwith 07/27/2011 at 6:29 pm

I have no patience for curling irons, unfortunately. I own 4 of them, yet I always end up going back to my straightener to curl my hair! It’s the same concept as what you’re using above and works just as well, so kind of a double-duty product; love it! So, if you’re stuck in a pinch and want this same look, try it out! :)

• Cecilia Oviedo 07/27/2011 at 11:10 am

You are so sweet on video! Great tutorial, you make it beautifully, and yes so true not newly washed hair works better!

Cess O. <3 The Outfit Diaries