My Strange Addiction

08/04/2011 17 Comments

My Strange Addiction

08/04/2011 17 Comments

black tunic top (Charlotte Russe) | Bleue jeggings | Apt 9 scarf (Kohl’s clearance) | Seychelles Gypsy sandals (I got mine at Marshalls, but you can find them here) | Betsey Johnson watch | Stella & Dot vintage links bracelet | Nails: Essie Mesmerize (fingers) and Mod Squad (toes)
This photo was snapped right around the time I spotted the sign on the bakery next door saying they’re closed for summer vacation. This is my “WTH? No cupcakes?!” face.

I know ya’ll have seen TLC’s gem of a reality show about people with crazy “addictions” that are really more dysfunctional habits and fetishes than physical dependencies. Did you see the one with the lady who sniffed gasoline from a water bottle every 10 minutes? How about the woman who ate a roll of toilet paper a day (preferably 2-ply, please)? Okay, you’ve at least seen the lady who tells us how she wipes herself with the fingernails she’s been growing for 10 years.

So, I’m thinking about writing them a letter about my own addiction: Scarves. It doesn’t matter that I call them “summer scarves,” people still look at me like I’m certifiable and politely ask in true southern form, “honey, ain’t you hot?” It’s over 100 degrees today, and when I got dressed {in the air conditioning, mind you} I decided that today was a fabulous day to rock a long — though lightweight — scarf. Then I almost died of heatstroke just walking to the car in the driveway, but it’s all good because my neck is wrapped in a stylish and colorful security blanket. So cozy.

And anyhow, I needed a little fancy. Tonight a few girlfriends and I are meeting for drinks before heading to the theater {that’s pronounced, THEE-uh-tuh, if you’re wondering} to catch a local production of Evita. Last year we saw Rag Time, and Steele Magnolias before that, and our community theater never disappoints. Looking forward to a girls’ night out!

• Amy 08/10/2011 at 10:34 pm

Super cute scarf

• Jeanna 08/06/2011 at 4:25 pm

Ok, so I watched that video clip about the lady with the nails, and I was grossed out but strangely intrigued! It’s a good thing I don’t have cable or I’d probably be as addicted to that show as I am to Hoarders.

And I do not think you’re crazy for wearing a scarf in the summer. It gets cold at the THEE-uh-tuh!

• jackie 08/06/2011 at 3:02 pm

your outfits have been spot on lately. i like them a lot better when you’re not constricted to your 30 for 30 choices :) so pretty. and holy moly, that lady’s nails! that’s out of control.

• Maddie 08/06/2011 at 12:54 pm

I love your scarf! It looks perfectly summery. And I love your shoes, they are gorgeous!

• Katie 08/05/2011 at 10:43 am

that scarf is gorgeous! and, if it gets toooo hot, just tie it up in your hair!

have fun at the show!

• 2Anchor 08/05/2011 at 7:47 am

I had scarf one the other day…it was 104, I felt surprisingly comfortable…..however, I did get some looks. My husband thinks I’m crazy:)

• Cecilia Oviedo 08/04/2011 at 11:55 pm

I’ve never seen that show but sounds so crazy, at least your addiction makes you look even prettier, and your hair is lovely today! I’m addicted to cupcakes so that sign would have broken my heart in two!

Cess O. <3 The Outfit Diaries

• laura go 08/04/2011 at 9:58 pm

What an adorable look! I really love the way you’ve draped that scarf over yourself. It’s lovely! And those sandals are really beautiful! They look comfy too!

• Leah Weeks 08/04/2011 at 9:05 pm

I totally remember coveting that scarf at Kohl’s… Love it!

• Anonymous 08/04/2011 at 9:04 pm

I totally remember coveting that scarf from kohl’s… Love it!

• Cheryl parker 08/04/2011 at 8:34 pm

Love that scarf! And I understand! Scarves are the best accessory ever!!!!!! If loving them is wrong I don’t wanna be right!

You look amazing!!!!!

• Linda 08/04/2011 at 6:05 pm

Your hair and scarf are so gorgeous in these pictures! I love how the scarf almost looks like a tunic over your skinny jeans.

P.S. I applaud your scarf addiction! I am also relieved you’re not eating them because that means I’ll keep seeing you on APP and not on TLC! Hehe.

• Linda Rieschel 08/04/2011 at 5:21 pm

Love your shoes! Where can I find a pair?

• Liz 08/04/2011 at 5:16 pm

I tried to get rid of about 1/3 of collection recently but found myself {not surprisingly} making excuses. With that said, I do find this lovely scarf pretty awesome! Take from that what you will seeing as I have a have an addiction.

• Anonymous 08/05/2011 at 12:11 pm

Ha! I love a good enabler ;-)

• Marie 08/04/2011 at 4:47 pm

I love your outfit! I’ve always loved scarves but I’m always kind of afraid to use them because I don’t quite know how to “arrange” them around my neck. Any tips? I watch that show too! It’s called My Strange Addiction, it’s so interesting! Looking forward to your next DIY:)

• keiralennox 08/04/2011 at 4:52 pm

Sounds like I need to do a little tutorial on scarf tricks! :-)