Denim Tuxedo, the Summer Edition.

chambray button-up (Beall’s Outlet) | chambray shorts (Marshall’s) | Kensie sandals (Marshall’s) | Monet cuff (Beall’s Outlet) | drugstore sunnies

Who says the canadian tuxedo should only be reserved for the fall and winter months? Layer on some lightweight chambray and call it a sweltering summer day!

A few fun DIYs around the interwebs that caught my attention (and I’m thinking about giving a shot this weekend):

Remember the t-shirt necklace tutorial I posted way back when? Dirty Hems just did a similar version with a really cool ombre twist!

When I was little, my mom was a genius with spray paint. She sprayed everything from furniture to appliances and little home accents, so when I saw I Spy DIY’s metallic gold clutch, my inner sprayer got a little excited.

I don’t own a sewing machine, so I love when I see awesome no-sew projects pop up in my reader! These easy leather clutches from my friend Anne at WobiSobi are perfect for fall.

Ya’ll know I love to hack up some jeans. When I saw these zig-zag cut-offs on Pinterest, I swooned.

I love an arm party just as much as the next girl, so I can’t believe I haven’t attempted to make my own stack of summer bracelets yet! Honestly WTF breaks down the wrap bracelet and the classic friendship bracelet beautifully.

I’d love to check out your DIYs, too! Link ’em up in the comments.

1. Valuable information. Lucky me I discovered your website by chance, and I’m surprised why this coincidence didn’t
    happened earlier! I bookmarked it.

Posted 8.28.14 Reply
  2. domain wrote:

I’m gone to convey my little brother, that he should also visit this web site on regular basis to take updated from
    most up-to-date news update.

Posted 8.27.14 Reply
  3. Meggy wrote:

I love denim on denim! I call it my Canadian tux, too, but I love it! :)

Meggy from Chasing Davies

Posted 8.13.11 Reply
  4. jentine wrote:

Canada thanks you for wearing its tuxedo all year long!!!

Posted 8.8.11 Reply
  5. kelly wrote:

love how you paired them together! i’m not brave enough for denim on denim…yet!

Posted 8.8.11 Reply
  6. I would never think to pair these things together but it totally works, I LOVE this look.

And I recently did a diy, but it invovled sewing (although very minimal):http://asktheduplex.blogspot.com/2011/07/i-did-it-i-sewed-straight-lines-well.html

Posted 8.7.11 Reply
  7. Katie wrote:

I love a good denim tuxedo and this one is great! Love the two colors of denim together. :)

Posted 8.6.11 Reply
  8. You look adorable! Love the double denim!

Posted 8.6.11 Reply
  9. Lisa wrote:

this looks super cute on you! i have always been wary of denim on denim but this looks really great! thanks for sharing!

Posted 8.6.11 Reply
  10. Sydney wrote:

psssht, Canadian tuxedo lol, I had a good laugh about that one :) Although I can honestly say that I have infact worn denim with denim, guilty as charged.
    Thanks for the DIY inspiration! Love it!

Posted 8.5.11 Reply
  11. Linda Z wrote:

I wore the very same shorts on my WIWW post this week! :0) I love them so much! :)

Posted 8.5.11 Reply
  12. Megan wrote:

Cute, easy outfit. Looks great for summer! :)

Posted 8.5.11 Reply
  13. Cute denim on denim look! The bright accents were perfect choice, happy friday!

Cess O. <3 The Outfit Diaries

Posted 8.5.11 Reply
  14. Katie wrote:

wow! i’m leaving work early to go home and make those chevron shorts IMMEDIATELY! Thank you so so so much for bringing the idea to my (our) attention! awesome.

Also – loving the denim on denim (short version) looks great!

Posted 8.5.11 Reply
  15. soanthro wrote:

This is too cute! You work the double denim so well!! Love the bright accessories too :)

Posted 8.5.11 Reply

@keiralennox

• Our blooming crepe myrtle + pink sunset skies. 💕
She was just a little baby tree when we planted her by our front window 13 summers ago, and now she’s as tall as the roof! #crepemyrtle #ihavethisthingwithpink #acolorstory #summernights
  • To file under Unexpected Wardrobe Staples: a snake print duster; I found this one at @topbuttons last month and put it in my #30x30remix as a wildcard. I wore it for the first time yesterday, and now I’m totally on-board the kimono/duster/light-and-easy-layering-layering-piece train! #ootd #instastyle #whatiwore #shoplocal
  • Hey, girl! 👋🏻 We have a handful of these hand-painted face vases available at @lasaterflowers that are perfect for fresh flowers, succulents, or even a catch-all bowl for keys and hair ties. (We all have one of those somewhere in our home; it may as well be cute. 😉) #floraldesign #shopsmall #summerblooms #flashesofdelight
  • I jumped on board with @kendieveryday’s #30x30remix! For the next month, I’ll mix-and-match 30 pieces from my wardrobe into 30 weekday outfits and share them in weekly roundups on the blog.

My first week of remixed outfits + my thoughts on the challenge are in today’s post at keiralennox.com. 👖
#capsulewardrobe #instastyle #ootd
  • Back to work after a relaxing weekend! But with *zero* tan to show for it; I’m never not fully-shaded and SPF’ed, wearing a giant sun hat and some kind of mumu situation on a beach.
☀️😂 👵🏼