flowers, fashion & an exciting new adventure!

08/16/2011 51 Comments

flowers, fashion & an exciting new adventure!

08/16/2011 51 Comments

I have exciting news to share with you guys! {no, it doesn’t involve babies :-)} Below is a note I shared with family and friends on the book earlier this week, and because you’re all so near and dear to me, I wanted to post it here, too!

As most of you know, Chad and I have spent the last six months or so learning the ropes at the flower shop. We’re loving every minute of it, and feel incredibly blessed to have the opportunity to continue the legacy that our parents built in this community, and keep the business in the family.

We’ve spent quite a bit of time with our business partners — which are pretty awesome by the way, and just so happen to be our parents ;-) — trying to find the perfect complement to our flower business for the large retail space in the front of our shop. After lots of meetings (and research and wine) we think we’ve finally found the perfect fit. And we could not be more excited to announce it to all of you and hear your feedback!

As most of you know, my second love (Chad is #1) is style and fashion. If you follow my blog, A Pretty Penny (http://aprettypennyblog.com) you’re also aware that I’m a little obsessed with finding great style for a steal. If there’s one thing I wish existed in our hometown (besides a Target and Chick-fil-a) it’s a designer consignment shop and vintage store, where I could take my gently used brand-name clothes and accessories to resell, as well as find new gently-used designer items and unique pieces for a reasonable price. So I’ve decided to start my own!

We’re calling it A Pretty Penny, and it will be located at the flower shop as kind of a store-within-a-store. My vision is a well-edited and beautifully displayed collection of current designer pieces and classic vintage collectables in a boutique setting, with inventory consistently turning over so there’s always something new to shop throughout the seasons. And don’t worry, the other things you’ve loved about the shop over the years aren’t going anywhere! Our fresh plants, cash-and-carry flowers, and beautiful silks will all be mixed in.

In the coming weeks, we’ll start taking appointments to set up client contracts and take new items for resale. We’re looking for designer clothes, accessories, and jewelry that show no sign of wear or tear, or well-maintained unique vintage pieces like dresses, handbags, and statement jewelry (no shoes or swimwear, please). If you can’t make it to the shop, pick-up services will be available!

Stay tuned for information like our opening date, fun upcoming events, the launch of our online store, and more! If you’d like more information on the terms of our client contracts, or would like to schedule an appointment to start reselling, send me an email at aprettypennyblog@yahoo.com

Flowers and fashion… I hope you’re as excited about this as we are!

Lots of love,
Keira

• domain 10/07/2014 at 10:22 pm

What’s up, I log on to your blog regularly. Your writing style is awesome, keep it up!

• eight and twenty | A Pretty Penny 11/16/2012 at 3:34 pm

[…] started a[nother] new business. It didn’t go quite as planned, and we ended up closing it down in less than 12 months. […]

• […] myself that we made a choice to take this crazy leap and fall face first into flowers {and now fashion!} and I know that while the landing may not always be graceful, it’s probably not going to […]

• 2011: a recap « A Pretty Penny 01/01/2012 at 3:45 pm

[…] We decided to start another business, and announced it to all of you! I think 2012 is going to be an exciting year for A Pretty Penny Designer Consignment and […]

• […] started {another} new business. The brick-and-mortar version of A Pretty Penny is still in its early stages, but it’s already taking on a life of its own, and I’m so […]

• […] over-the-moon excited about the great response I’ve gotten about the new boutique (read more about it here) both in the store and online. A big, heartfelt thank you to everyone who has shared words of […]

• flower delivery sydney 09/20/2011 at 5:57 pm

Nice photo, she looks so pretty.

• Jennifer Sundey Simpson 09/17/2011 at 10:59 pm

So is this up and running yet? I have a family photo shoot October 1st and I’m looking for something different and at a fair price.

• keiralennox 09/18/2011 at 6:20 pm

We have some things in, Jennifer! Lots of cute dresses and skirts, mostly in size 2-6 for now. I’ll keep you posted!

• Lacey 09/05/2011 at 4:56 pm

this is so exciting! you’re going to rock your town. go get em girl!

• typefashion 08/22/2011 at 4:36 pm

Amazing ! Congratulations !

• lisa 08/18/2011 at 10:02 pm

how exciting! congratulations!

• ShopFast 08/18/2011 at 7:39 pm

Keira!!!! Wow! So exciting! I would LOVE to visit the shop and bring you some items when you’re ready. This is great! Congrats!

• hot mess. « A Pretty Penny 08/18/2011 at 3:53 pm

[…] shop is a deeee-saster right now. It’s upside down and inside out as we get ready for A Pretty Penny to open! Fortunately, all of the major destruction is in the back in our storage and work spaces, […]

• Maria @ Orchard Bloom 08/17/2011 at 10:43 pm

Congrats! This is super exciting news!

• Katy 08/17/2011 at 4:26 pm

Keira – How exciting and what a great idea to utilize the extra space and combine your two loves. Best of luck with everything as it goes forward!! – Katy

• Shon 08/17/2011 at 1:33 pm

This is awesome news!! Congrats to you!! Please post pics when you are up and running!!

• Exit 248 08/17/2011 at 12:14 pm

SO awesome! Congratulations and good luck!

• adrianfarr@gmail.com 08/17/2011 at 9:57 am

Great for you!! That’s such an amazing idea. I wish I didn’t live so far away so I could come visit it!

• slauditory 08/17/2011 at 9:32 am

That’s a brilliant idea! People will enjoy the luxury and lushness of looking and flowers and pretty clothes at the same time. I’ve never heard of that before, so you guys will be the frontrunners!

• thirdfloorcloset 08/16/2011 at 11:27 pm

Keira, that’s so exciting! I’m sure you will fit into the lovingly-curated-resale-shop-owner role perfectly. Now I just wish I lived in Florida so I could shop there. ;) Congrats!

• Joanne 08/16/2011 at 10:14 pm

OMG! Congrats on the new business venture!? This sounds like the perfect shop, flowers and fashion? What not to love! Good luck, I’m sure it will be quite the hit in your town:)

• jackie 08/16/2011 at 10:10 pm

wow, good for you! this will be so exciting!

• Tanja 08/16/2011 at 9:09 pm

This is awesome!! Best wishes on your future endeavor!!!

• anastasiac 08/16/2011 at 8:58 pm

it all sounds very exciting – goodluck with it all!!!

• Pheobe 08/16/2011 at 8:56 pm

This is great news! Stepping up to the plate within your community will be greatly appreciated. You’re so brave for making this venture!

• SWFTerra 08/16/2011 at 8:25 pm

KEIRA! Yay! I am so happy for you! And so proud. This is going to be such a wonderful adventure and I just know that with your discerning taste and effervescent personality, you will yield nothing but success! Congratulations!

• Andrea 08/16/2011 at 8:25 pm

Keira! I am so excited for you and strangely proud – is that weird since I’m a total stranger? Probably yes, but I still am. I so wish I could come visit the shop, maybe someday!

• Cheryl parker 08/16/2011 at 7:51 pm

How exciting!!!!!! I wish I lived closer so I could shop there! Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!

• Ash 08/16/2011 at 7:45 pm

Congratulations, that sounds amazing!! :)

• Katie 08/16/2011 at 7:39 pm

HOLY COW, congrats!! What a dream come true! I look forward to reading more about your adventure as it unfolds more and more!! :)

• Linda 08/16/2011 at 7:26 pm

Keira! I am so excited for you. I know you will pick the best things for your little shop. Okay now I need to come visit FL and help you go shopping. Tell Doak to chase away all the lizards before I get there.

• frillyfabulous 08/16/2011 at 7:14 pm

Oh my goodness! How exciting!! Congratulations!! What a wonderful idea! :) Can’t wait to read more about as it all the pieces start coming together!

• Jenn 08/16/2011 at 6:33 pm

Congratulations! I’ve been reading your blog for about four or five months, and I am excited to hear more about your great new adventure! Best of luck. :)

• Allie 08/16/2011 at 3:31 pm

How exciting! Best of luck in your new endeavor!!

• Sarah 08/16/2011 at 3:20 pm

Amazing! I hope all of your dreams are realized! Get it girl!

• Anonymous 08/16/2011 at 3:13 pm

Congratulations to you! Sounds fabulous!!

• Kimbercrafts 08/16/2011 at 2:36 pm

What an incredible opportunity! Owning a small used clothing boutique has been a lifetime dream of mine. I can’t wait to hear more as your business grows and develops – best of luck!

• Anonymous 08/16/2011 at 2:34 pm

Congrats! How awesome for you.

P.S.–I love a style at a steal also ;)

xxstyleatasteal.blogspot.com

• Valerie 08/16/2011 at 2:18 pm

Congrats! May you have tons of success!

• Kelsey Williams 08/16/2011 at 1:50 pm

How awesome and fun! It really sounds perfect. Can’t wait to hear more about it as it develops!

• Nicole @ pink string & green beans 08/16/2011 at 1:37 pm

I can’t wait for this! Almost as good as a target :) Best of luck!

• laura go (@delightedlaura) 08/16/2011 at 1:28 pm

hurray! Congratulations!!! :)

• Candice 08/16/2011 at 1:13 pm

Congrats! Where is your shop located? I’m looking to open my own combined bakery and flower shop someday hopefully :)

• Kimberly 08/16/2011 at 12:49 pm

Good luck!!! Google Finders Keepers in Decatur GA for a great example of a designer consignment store done right. I’ve had a lot of success selling there. My only complaint is I wish they also sold on eBay as a last resort.

• Sydney 08/16/2011 at 12:20 pm

Congratulations!!!!! That is so exciting! My mom owned a consignment shop for years and years and she absolutely LOVED it! You are going to make yourself a small sensation missy! Congrats!

• Tiffany 08/16/2011 at 12:13 pm

I’m so happy for you! I’ve always wanted to open a store mixing my love of clothes and make-up together. Maybe one day! Good Luck and I look forward to the online store.

• Jessica Zigenis 08/16/2011 at 12:07 pm

Oh congrats friend! This is great and exciting news! You are going to rock the socks off your small town. Go get ’em tiger!

ps. We chose to read The Sweet Life in Paris this month! A ‘blog book club discussion’ will ensue in a month or so, so get reading if you want to join! I heard it has recipes in it, so I might throw a little cooking into the book club mix. Yum…

• Linda Z 08/16/2011 at 11:58 am

The best of luck on your new endeavor! I wish I weren’t 3,000 miles away, or I’d come shop!! :) Sounds wonderful! :)

• Megan 08/16/2011 at 11:49 am

That is really exciting!! Congratulations to you, what a fun and challenging adventure you’re embarking on :)

Change is good and you look really happy in the photos.

• atlantanative 08/16/2011 at 11:47 am

Holy moly, that is amazing! Good for you for stepping up and filling a hole in the community. Good luck with it all!