hot mess.

08/18/2011 17 Comments

hot mess.

08/18/2011 17 Comments
floral print babydoll dress (Ross, $10) | Simply Vera Vera Wang leggings (Kohl’s clearance) | Lucky Brand Emmie ballet flats (scored at Marshall’s for $40) | Olsenboye foldover tote (c/o jcpenney, on sale now!) | nails: Essie Turquoise and Caicos

Our shop is a deeee-saster right now. It’s upside down and inside out as we get ready for A Pretty Penny to open! Fortunately, all of the major destruction is in the back in our storage and work spaces, but it’s a little overwhelming for this OCDer… I spent the majority of the day on the road making deliveries to escape.

I have to give a shout-out to my sweet hubby. He’s been working his tail feathers off painting, organizing, cleaning, and moving furniture for the last week. All while maintaining the flower business and controlling the chaos so our customers are none-the-wiser of our big ol’ mess. Every night when we get home, I secretly check for an “S” on his chest. He’s my hero ;-)

I’m hoping to take some photos over the next several days to keep you posted on the progress, if you guys are interested. I’m just so excited and ready to get our little boutique together!

• cecylia 08/23/2011 at 2:21 am

love your dress- the print is adorable~
    Come follow my blog hun :)

• Andrea @ Fashionable Momma 08/22/2011 at 11:39 pm

Love the top/dress. What a good hubby you have and Good luck on your new venture!

• Shelbel 08/20/2011 at 10:37 am

Question for you…are those shoes comfortable? I ordered the same ones a few weeks ago and am returning them because they were SO terribly uncomfortable, my feet breathed a sigh of relief when I took them off. They were a little too small though, so I think that may have been the problem. I am trying to decide whether to try a bigger size or not. I am looking for something to replace my comfy, go-to flats that have finally bit the dust. Do you think these fit the bill??

• frillyfabulous 08/20/2011 at 8:42 am

So excited for your new store! That’s so wonderful! I’m swooning over that gold bracelet you’re wearing in that photo! It’s simple, yet makes a statement!

I’d love for you to join in doing the Seven Link Challenge! I read your blog daily and would love to hear about your most memorable posts! http://wp.me/p1yRAz-yi

xo, cassandra

• Keely (@casualchickiki) 08/19/2011 at 11:06 pm

Such a cute dress! I can’t wait until it cools off here a bit so i can pull out my leggings. And congrats on your new adventure!

• prettylifeanonymous 08/19/2011 at 1:37 pm

I almost bought that same dress at my local ROSS! WHY didn’t I??? You look adorable in it!!

• Amy 08/19/2011 at 1:31 pm

Congrats.

• trophyboutique 08/18/2011 at 11:51 pm

I love the color and print of this dress on you–it really flatters your skin tone and hair. Pretty lady, despite the chaos!

• soanthro 08/18/2011 at 10:08 pm

Such a pretty dress on you!! Good luck with the shop, so exciting!

• Sydney 08/18/2011 at 9:46 pm

yes please! Do share! Chaos is important for calmness to follow!

• Kate 08/18/2011 at 7:02 pm

Good luck! I am so excited about your new venture!

• Cheryl parker 08/18/2011 at 6:25 pm

Cute outfit! Of course!
    Can’t wait to see your progress…tell super hubby we say thanks!

• Megan 08/18/2011 at 5:39 pm

I would love to see the progress!!

• Cecilia Oviedo 08/18/2011 at 5:13 pm

How sweet of your hubbs! Would love to see the outcome!

Cess O. <3 The Outfit Diaries

• Stefanie 08/18/2011 at 4:30 pm

Your new venture sounds wonderful and I would love to see photos and updates. A florist and vintage boutique sounds like the perfect combination and I wish you the best of luck :-) I would also like to say that every time I see your Stella and Dot bracelet I drool just a little bit haha!

• Iris Adkison 08/18/2011 at 4:29 pm

Oops! Didn’t mean to be anonymous on that one! Guess I’m new to this commenting thing :)

• Anonymous 08/18/2011 at 4:28 pm

How exciting, Keira! Can’t wait to see it and you (Saturday night) ;) Keep up the hard work and I’m sure it will all pay off. xo