dirty little secret

striped boatneck tee (Beall’s Outlet, $12) | Talbots shorts (secondhand) | Style&Co wedges (Macy’s, last year) | Goorin Bros hat (m.marie boutique)

This hat may look like an innocent accessory, but it’s got a purpose — covering up my dirty, dirty hair. TMI? Maybe. But for all you busy girls that don’t have time to wash your tresses all the time, you’re not alone. Sometimes you’re just past the point of dry shampoo, and the best you can do is disguise with well-placed headwear. {Local ladies, m.marie has some seriously cute hats this season!}

I’ve been spending a lot of time this week getting the boutique organized, and it’s coming along nicely! Snapping some photos to post is on my to-do list, but it’s buried beneath lots of paperwork, handmade tags, Quickbooks tutorials, and new inventory item receipts. My amazing girlfriends have been so supportive, and they’re all cleaning out their fabulous closets to help me stock A Pretty Penny with lots of great designer pieces.

I can’t wait to share more with you guys, and I hope if you’re from these parts you’ll come and see me in the coming weeks!

1. Carrie wrote:

I gotta tell ya–I’m a sucker for a stripe. And love the hat too, Miss K!

xo,
    C

Posted 9.18.11 Reply
  2. Ashley wrote:

Just lovely, as always. I think the hat is my favorite part!

Posted 9.15.11 Reply
  3. Allie wrote:

Oh how I wish I could pull off a hat. You look so great in this one! Glad to hear the boutique is coming along nicely. Good luck finishing off your to-do list!

Posted 9.14.11 Reply
  4. anastasiac wrote:

yeah i try not to wash my hair too often – being a curly gal it actually looks better a little oily…gross I know! I cant do hats though…i just dont have the right head for a hat so I just wear one when Im at the beach.

Cant wait to hear more about your shop, you have FAB style so Im sure everything will be great!. Will it be an online shop too?

Posted 9.14.11 Reply
  5. Well the hat conceals your secret with style! Love it! So excited for the store to open…wish I was anywhere near you!

Posted 9.14.11 Reply
  6. You look so cute and comfy! I also hide under hats due to bad hair days (like today lol).

I talked about everyone needing good bad hair day hats in my style guide: http://youtu.be/FGlrpoPLltQ

Very nice blog :-) …I’ll check back soon

Posted 9.14.11 Reply
  7. rhiannon wrote:

great look, i love the hat! and i’ve had days where i’ve gone well past the dry shampoo, i know exactly what you are talking about!

Posted 9.14.11 Reply
  8. Stefanie wrote:

I am so happy to here your new venture is coming along nicely! I look forward to seeing some photos :-)

Posted 9.14.11 Reply
  9. The hat looks adorable… if only I looked good in a hat.

Can’t wait to see pics of your boutique.

Posted 9.14.11 Reply
  10. ShopFast wrote:

You look like Coco Chanel in her millenary days!

Posted 9.14.11 Reply

@keiralennox

• Our blooming crepe myrtle + pink sunset skies. 💕
She was just a little baby tree when we planted her by our front window 13 summers ago, and now she’s as tall as the roof! #crepemyrtle #ihavethisthingwithpink #acolorstory #summernights
  • To file under Unexpected Wardrobe Staples: a snake print duster; I found this one at @topbuttons last month and put it in my #30x30remix as a wildcard. I wore it for the first time yesterday, and now I’m totally on-board the kimono/duster/light-and-easy-layering-layering-piece train! #ootd #instastyle #whatiwore #shoplocal
  • Hey, girl! 👋🏻 We have a handful of these hand-painted face vases available at @lasaterflowers that are perfect for fresh flowers, succulents, or even a catch-all bowl for keys and hair ties. (We all have one of those somewhere in our home; it may as well be cute. 😉) #floraldesign #shopsmall #summerblooms #flashesofdelight
  • I jumped on board with @kendieveryday’s #30x30remix! For the next month, I’ll mix-and-match 30 pieces from my wardrobe into 30 weekday outfits and share them in weekly roundups on the blog.

My first week of remixed outfits + my thoughts on the challenge are in today’s post at keiralennox.com. 👖
#capsulewardrobe #instastyle #ootd
  • Back to work after a relaxing weekend! But with *zero* tan to show for it; I’m never not fully-shaded and SPF’ed, wearing a giant sun hat and some kind of mumu situation on a beach.
☀️😂 👵🏼