every girl needs: a denim shirt

09/21/2011 22 Comments

every girl needs: a denim shirt

09/21/2011 22 Comments
thrifted denim shirt | White House Black Market khakis (secondhand) | Nine West belt | Lucky Brand Emmie ballet flats | Gianni Bini handbag
easy-peasy updo {tutorial coming soon!}

Looking for a denim shirt to call your own? I suggest scouring the racks of your local thrift store to find one that’s perfectly weathered and worn-in. Or you could drop $50 on one from Gap and call it a day. After a seemingly endless and fruitless search, I finally found this one a few weeks ago for about $4. (Remember, the key to thrifting success is patience, friends!)

My favorite thing about this little western wonder: the brand name. Roughneck. I clearly don’t have the cowgirl street cred to wear this thing with anything other than my classic girly basics. I bet when the previous owner picked out this tough shirt at the western store, she never imagined it would someday get paired with sateen khakis and pearlescent ballet flats.

And the circle of life style continues…

• Katerine Love 11/30/2011 at 9:16 am

so beautiful fashion I like it, this girl looks wonderful
    Indian Pharmacy

• […] are your wardrobe essentials? You can keep up with mine in the “every girl needs” posts that pop up now and then! Share this:TwitterFacebookLike this:LikeBe the first to like […]

• artstylelove 10/04/2011 at 12:20 am

So super cute!

• SpacietyKaitlyn 10/03/2011 at 9:58 am

I love your denim shirt! I also am in love with your purse, it goes with the whole outfit perfectly. Very simple, yet it’s still flattering and classy.

• Lexi 10/02/2011 at 2:57 am

Ok so 1. I love your blog. Kristen (from “For the Love of God” was so right :). and 2. I love denim shirts!! I just bought one from H&M but now don’t know what pants/skirts to wear with it…I certainly don’t want to wear it with jeans haha This is a very cute way to wear it!! I love!

• Angela Madathil 09/29/2011 at 3:29 pm

I love your hair in this pic!

• susan 09/26/2011 at 7:50 pm

can you pleeeeeeeeeeeease post that updo how-to?

• Lindsey A. Turner 09/26/2011 at 2:48 pm

Denim shirts are lke my favorite clothing item of all time! Love yours! I have about 5 of them all from the thrift store too!

Lindsey Turner

• Marisa 09/24/2011 at 11:56 pm

This outfit is so cute! Polished and well put together. I am so impressed that you found that shirt for $4! Wow, I obviously need to get back into thrifting…so worth it!

• kelly 09/23/2011 at 7:28 pm

i think the ‘cowgirl chic’ look suits you well!

I never thought to try a thrift store for a jean shirt..(why I didn’t, I have no idea) That’ll be on my weeks to-do list!

• Just FabuLESS Blog (@JustFabuLESS) 09/23/2011 at 11:40 am

you look great and can’t beat $4! love the bag and your hair. :)

• chill air & perfume (@chill_air) 09/22/2011 at 6:18 pm

Love it! You do look a little cowgirlish, but in a totally good way. Cowgirl chic, maybe?

I wrote a post awhile back about my recently-developed love for denim shirts. Check it out: http://chillairandperfume.blogspot.com/2011/08/hooray-for-chambray.html

• Manding 09/22/2011 at 2:42 pm

omg. perfect. i also own two denim button downs, both my dad’s hand-me-downs :) love amazing denim finds :D

• rhiannon 09/22/2011 at 11:12 am

love that denim shirt and your hair looks fantastic!

• Kate 09/22/2011 at 11:08 am

Hi Keira! Random question – what color are your Emmie flats? I’ve been looking to get a pair but can’t decide on a color and I love the nude look of yours. Do you remember which one it is?

• Katy 09/22/2011 at 10:25 am

I look at them longingly every time I see one in the stores, but am not sure I could pull it off without looking like a farmer. This look is absolutely perfect on you! Maybe now I need to get more serious about a denim shirt and try to emulate you. – Katy

• Anne 09/22/2011 at 7:00 am

I’ve been trying to have patience with my own thrift/consignment store denim/chambray shirt search and almost broke down and ordered one online… but your $4 find inspires me to keep going :)
    Love the hair too!

• Robin 09/21/2011 at 11:32 pm

My chambray top is without a doubt one of the most remixed items in my closet. Congrats on the completion of your search!

• Cecilia Oviedo 09/21/2011 at 10:50 pm

I could not possibly live without my shirt, they are so versatile! This is a great outftit, both the shirt and khakis are classic and chic and never go out of style, love it!

Cess O. <3 The Outfit Diaries

• Nicole Neesby 09/21/2011 at 10:37 pm

crazy true story. love how what goes around will come around again!

love your watch btw!

xoxo

• trophyboutique 09/21/2011 at 9:31 pm

You look totally like a roughneck in this shirt. A thrift-shopping roughneck. Those are the roughest kind.