if these shoes could talk…

09/27/2011 18 Comments

if these shoes could talk…

09/27/2011 18 Comments
Theory scoopneck tee (a pretty penny designer consignment and vintage) | LOFT lace cami | White House Black Market boyfriend jeans (thrifted) | Jessica Simpson striped scarf (Macy’s clearance) | Gianni Bini embroidered bag (hand-me-down from Mom) | Jessica Simpson Landen pumps (Macy’s clearance last year)

… they’d tell you that they feel pretty unappreciated. They sit in the dark closet for months at a time, hoping every morning they’ll get picked to get out and stretch their insoles around town, only to be passed over for those boring, practical flats again and again {yawn}.  And they just can’t understand, because — not to toot their own horn, but — they’re so cute and sassy!

Then on this particular morning, just as they’d resolved to the fact that they’d spend eternity on a shelf, they got picked. Their excitement quickly dissipated, however, when they remembered how tough it is to hold up 125 lbs of wobbling, clumsy stylista {with all the grace and coordination of a baby Bambi} on their delicate narrow platforms.

Hopefully she picks the flats tomorrow.

• Etiquette For Style 09/29/2011 at 3:10 pm

The wooden wedge is so cute!

etiquetteforstyle.blogspot.com

• Just FabuLESS Blog (@JustFabuLESS) 09/29/2011 at 12:43 am

cute shoes (and cute post)!

• chill air & perfume (@chill_air) 09/28/2011 at 7:36 pm

Love these shoes! I own several pairs that I sadly never get to wear, especially now that I’m living in a real city and walking everywhere. Looking at them in my closet makes me so sad.

Also, that bag is fab!

• Ly 09/28/2011 at 1:26 pm

I love everything about this look. I wish I had a pair of boyfriend jeans.

-Ly

• shopfreak 09/28/2011 at 10:04 am

Love this post! I wish I could wear all my cute and sassy shoes more too..but I choose comfort over style most of the time…

-shopfreak

• Raspberry & Rouge 09/28/2011 at 6:15 am

Pretty! XO Rebecca

• Cheryl parker 09/27/2011 at 9:14 pm

Oh but they are so cute and sassy! Love them, you look great too!

• Rachel Howard 09/27/2011 at 7:21 pm

I know I have a few of those kind of shoes in my closet. That does look like a tricky platform.
    Your hair looks really nice half up!

• Michelle 09/27/2011 at 4:22 pm

Love the shoes and your outfit.

• Marisa 09/27/2011 at 3:22 pm

Your shoes are incredible! I wish I could pick them up at Macy’s now! Your overall outfit looks super comfortable and is well put together. Just what every girl needs!

• Kristin 09/27/2011 at 1:17 pm

Those are the cutest shoes! I’m glad they got picked! And I also love the way you wrote about them. So clever! I would love it if you would check out my blog and see what you think! http://buttonspockets.blogspot.com/

• Andrea 09/27/2011 at 12:54 pm

I just love those shoes on you! Every time you wear them I get the urge to go out and find myself a similar pair, but they’d probably suffer the same sad fate :)

• laura go (@delightedlaura) 09/27/2011 at 12:06 pm

how can they be stowed in the dark? they’re so pretty!!! I totally love the unique heel :)

• Nicole Neesby 09/27/2011 at 11:51 am

seriously love everything about this outfit. wowzas! so cute.

also makes me achy for my scarves. . . which somehow – unbeknownst to me – have disappeared with my entire winter wardrobe. oy. this means i will be hunting it down today. . .

xoxo

• Frannie Pantz 09/27/2011 at 11:28 am

LOL at the Bambi reference. I have many a shoe like this. It is so hard to not give special attention to all your shoes! I love these ones though. Very classy and sassy indeed!

• Tori Thompson 09/27/2011 at 10:44 am

You’re boyfriend jeans look great on you!! I love those heels too!

• Manding 09/27/2011 at 10:23 am

haha the engineers i work with were just telling me about how 99% of women look like their ankles are going to break when wearing heels. whoops, i’m always wearing 3 inch platforms to the office… i think you look graceful and pretty !
    ps, http://amandamantes.blogspot.com !

• Cecilia Oviedo 09/27/2011 at 10:22 am

How could you forget about them! They are great, the wooden wedge is perfect, they seem pretty versatile! Have a lovely day!

Cess O. <3 The Outfit Diaries