manic[ure] monday: kitty, kitty

10/03/2011 12 Comments

manic[ure] monday: kitty, kitty

10/03/2011 12 Comments

Are you impressed with my nail art skillz?!

Don’t be. This was the quickest, most simple manicure ever. My first foray into those fancy new nail polish strips, actually. I’m mildly obsessed with animal print for the fall, so when I spotted these Sally Hansen Salon Effects Nail Polish Strips in Kitty, Kitty at the drugstore, I had to give them a go. Application was easy-peasy, and there was no dry time. As if that weren’t enough, at $9.99, these polish strips are a fraction of the cost of a similar Minx mani, which can run you up to $40. The packaging says it can last up to 10 days, but I’ll have to keep you posted on that one.

If you’re not ready to commit to full-on leopard paws, maybe try a neutral color on all of your nails and save the leopard for your ring finger!

• Anonymous 11/03/2011 at 7:24 pm

These sally Hanson Nail Prints last for ever!!! mine last about a month before I take them off because then it starts to look tacky and would need a touch up. I play water polo and for them to last that long, WORTH IT!(:

• […] Remember the leopard Sally Hansen nail polish strips from Monday? It’s day 5 (put them on Sunday) and they’re still going strong. Not a chip or a crack […]

• info@fashionablemomma.com 10/04/2011 at 2:27 pm

I love the Sally Hansen salon effects strips. I actually just blogged about them as well. I have tried a few different colors and patterns and find them pretty easy to use. Plus it’s easier than trying to fit in a manicure with 3 little ones at home!

• Katie 10/04/2011 at 12:38 pm

out of all the colors/patterns i’ve tried this was by far my favorite! super cute!

• Lisa 10/03/2011 at 11:28 pm

Very cute. Im interested in how long they actually last but even a couple days would be fun!

• Cecilia Oviedo 10/03/2011 at 10:46 pm

They are so cool! I have to get me some, but think I’ll wait those 10 days to see how yours go!

Cess O. <3 The Outfit Diaries

• Chaundi 10/03/2011 at 10:14 pm

OMG! I just applied the exact same print last night to my nails!! My sister and I are HUGE fans of this product and we both use them religiously. We both are not fans of the glitter ones. And from my experience, I can get about 7 days before I start to get antsy and want something new. Here’s an insider top… sometimes you can catch them BOGO at Wal-Greens and even Buy 1, get 1 half off :)

• laura go (@delightedlaura) 10/03/2011 at 9:41 pm

I’ve tried those nail strips but with the houndstooth pattern! i should’ve gotten these instead! they look lovely!

• chill air & perfume (@chill_air) 10/03/2011 at 9:12 pm

This is, like, the cutest thing I’ve ever seen. I’ve seen these kits at various drugstores and was skeptical, but now I will definitely be buying one!

• Valerie 10/03/2011 at 7:55 pm

I used the butterflies one and thought they were great! I usually chip my nails in about a day or so, but these looked great for about a week! The only complaint I had was if you don’t use them all at once, the leftovers are unusuable because they won’t stick.

• Kimbercrafts 10/03/2011 at 7:27 pm

I tried the leopard nail strips over the summer and I was really impressed!