manic[ure] monday: kitty, kitty

Are you impressed with my nail art skillz?!

Don’t be. This was the quickest, most simple manicure ever. My first foray into those fancy new nail polish strips, actually. I’m mildly obsessed with animal print for the fall, so when I spotted these Sally Hansen Salon Effects Nail Polish Strips in Kitty, Kitty at the drugstore, I had to give them a go. Application was easy-peasy, and there was no dry time. As if that weren’t enough, at $9.99, these polish strips are a fraction of the cost of a similar Minx mani, which can run you up to $40. The packaging says it can last up to 10 days, but I’ll have to keep you posted on that one.

If you’re not ready to commit to full-on leopard paws, maybe try a neutral color on all of your nails and save the leopard for your ring finger!

1. Anonymous wrote:

These sally Hanson Nail Prints last for ever!!! mine last about a month before I take them off because then it starts to look tacky and would need a touch up. I play water polo and for them to last that long, WORTH IT!(:

Posted 11.3.11 Reply
  2. I love the Sally Hansen salon effects strips. I actually just blogged about them as well. I have tried a few different colors and patterns and find them pretty easy to use. Plus it’s easier than trying to fit in a manicure with 3 little ones at home!

Posted 10.4.11 Reply
  3. Katie wrote:

out of all the colors/patterns i’ve tried this was by far my favorite! super cute!

Posted 10.4.11 Reply
  4. Lisa wrote:

Very cute. Im interested in how long they actually last but even a couple days would be fun!

Posted 10.3.11 Reply
  5. They are so cool! I have to get me some, but think I’ll wait those 10 days to see how yours go!

Cess O. <3 The Outfit Diaries

Posted 10.3.11 Reply
  6. Chaundi wrote:

OMG! I just applied the exact same print last night to my nails!! My sister and I are HUGE fans of this product and we both use them religiously. We both are not fans of the glitter ones. And from my experience, I can get about 7 days before I start to get antsy and want something new. Here’s an insider top… sometimes you can catch them BOGO at Wal-Greens and even Buy 1, get 1 half off :)

Posted 10.3.11 Reply
  7. I’ve tried those nail strips but with the houndstooth pattern! i should’ve gotten these instead! they look lovely!

Posted 10.3.11 Reply
  8. This is, like, the cutest thing I’ve ever seen. I’ve seen these kits at various drugstores and was skeptical, but now I will definitely be buying one!

Posted 10.3.11 Reply
  9. Valerie wrote:

I used the butterflies one and thought they were great! I usually chip my nails in about a day or so, but these looked great for about a week! The only complaint I had was if you don’t use them all at once, the leftovers are unusuable because they won’t stick.

Posted 10.3.11 Reply
  10. Kimbercrafts wrote:

I tried the leopard nail strips over the summer and I was really impressed!

Posted 10.3.11 Reply

@keiralennox

• The only thing that would’ve made this @bonappetitmag ‘white pesto pasta’ better is if @lallimusic was in my kitchen when I made it. (I re-watched her video as I prepped, which was the next best thing.) Guys, I cannot overstate the seriousness of my obsession with the @bonappetitmag YouTube channel. Most of my bookmarks on my phone are videos of recipes I want to try, and I’m slowly making my way through ‘em; kind of like ‘Julie & Julia’ but with fewer live lobsters and a little less butter.
#pastagram #bonappetit #carbcoma
  • Spotted this pretty blooming bush on our evening walk through the neighborhood.
Doak got a little *too* close to the smell the flowers. 🤣
  • In today’s edition of #sundaybaking, I took on @bonappetitmag’s ‘best chocolate chip cookies’. I watched the video first — if you’re not following the @bonappetitmag YouTube channel, get on it! — then used the recipe from BA’s website to guide me through it.
Crispy edges + a chewy center + brown butter + giant chunks of 70% dark chocolate = a pretty perfect cookie. 🍪
@moroccochris - I salute you.
#chocolatechipcookies #bonappetit
  • Clearance vase jackpot at @pier1 this weekend. There are so many great colors and textures in all shapes and sizes from $10-30 with an extra 25% off. ⁣
This was the ultimate test of self-control for me...⁣
I bought 5.
  • Saturday errand style f/ two #styleonabudget favorites from last summer that are still going strong: this gingham ruffle cami I found on a clearance rack at @target + a rattan circle bag I bought for around $25 on @amazon.
I’m killing the cost-per-wear game with these two. 😏 #whatiwore #ootd #summerstyle #stylefiles
  • 🍑