kinda sorta western-ish? and some awesomes for your thursday.

10/06/2011 12 Comments

kinda sorta western-ish? and some awesomes for your thursday.

10/06/2011 12 Comments

I can’t think of any awkwards off the top of my head to share — not because I haven’t had any, mind you, my life is full of awkwardness — but I’ll hit you with some awesomes from my week:

1. The new froyo shop that opened down the street from the shop a couple of months ago {Yogurt Grove on Central, for the locals}. I’ve abstained up until now, for fear that once I try it, I’ll be hooked like a junkie on smack and will require daily fixes. Well, this afternoon I walked down and got a mix of pumpkin and coffee froyo with Cinnamon Crunch and Reese’s Pieces on top. And as feared, I think I’ve created a monster I may be helpless to control. But it’s oh-so-good.

2. My iPhone that takes a lickin’ and keeps on tickin’. In the past three weeks, I’ve dropped it into buckets filled with water and flower food twice, and today I knocked it off a counter onto a tile floor (in my excitement at the aforementioned froyo shop). It’s like the JEEP of smart phones.

3. Remember the leopard Sally Hansen nail polish strips from Monday? It’s day 5 (put them on Sunday) and they’re still going strong. Not a chip or a crack in sight.

4. The [almost] beginning of fall weather in the sunshine state. We’re talking evenings in the 60’s, ya’ll. Sure, it’s 80 during the day, but we’re getting there! And it can’t come soon enough; my boots and scarves are itching to come out of retirement…

5. This denim shirt. I reach for it every day, and have to force myself to put it back. There are so many ways I want to wear it, like this and this! And I kind of want to ombre dye it

Hope you’ve had some awesomes this week, too!

Wearing: western denim shirt (thrifted) | INC embroidered dress (a pretty penny, SOLD) | vintage eelskin clutch (thrifted) | Dollhouse sandals (Ross) | Stella & Dot cuff

• Kaitlin Mattingly 10/09/2011 at 8:43 pm

I love the details on that skirt. its so beautiful.
    following your blog now!
    Can’t wait to read more of your posts.

xo kaitlin
    kaitgirl.blogspot.com

• jackie 10/09/2011 at 5:28 pm

every day, i hear more and more reasons why i should get an iphone. i want oneeee. and you look cute girl :)

• Cathy 10/08/2011 at 5:14 pm

You look AMAZING!!!!!

• spaciety 10/07/2011 at 1:22 pm

I love how you have your denim shirt…it dresses it down enough to go to the office! Love it!

• Ly 10/07/2011 at 9:58 am

I love the details on your dress! It’s so tribal and pretty.

-Ly

• Chaundi 10/07/2011 at 9:12 am

Have I told you that I am borderline obessed with all things Stella and Dot? I actually contemplated buying that cuff!

• Cecilia Oviedo 10/06/2011 at 11:23 pm

Oh I want me some froyo right now! sadly for me there are none in here, the closest is 3 hours drive, sad! Love the western vibe here!

Cess O. <3 The Outfit Diaries

• Kayley 10/06/2011 at 8:00 pm

okay … rub in that you got a fro-yo some more. grrr. great dress. :)

• Carol Cassidy Rhinehart 10/06/2011 at 5:26 pm

I WANT THAT CLUTCH!!!

• Frannie Pantz 10/06/2011 at 4:44 pm

Mmmmmmm froyo . . . .

I love your pretty dress! Keep up with all the awesomeness in your life!

• chill air & perfume (@chill_air) 10/06/2011 at 4:36 pm

I really like that dress. I never would have thought on my own to pair it with the denim shirt, but it looks awesome!

• Meg 10/06/2011 at 4:25 pm

Such a cute outfit! Also, that froyo place sounds AMAZING…