meet my new friend, colby.

IMG_5485 IMG_5566

IMG_5537 IMG_5513

IMG_5490 IMG_5550

I spent the better part of last fall searching for the perfect lace-up boots after seeing Jane’s gorgeous peep-toe Prada’s on Sea of Shoes. Unfortunately, a pair of boots that cost almost as much as my monthly mortgage payment are not in the ol’ budget at the Lennox house, and finding a worthy substitute that was both high quality and affordable proved to be much more difficult than I expected. {As a self-proclaimed bargain shopper expert, these kinds of failings are tough to swallow.}

Just as I’d resolved to the fact I’d spend another fall sans dreamy lace-ups, I found these adorable Colby boots from MIA Shoes. When they arrived a couple of weeks ago, I left them out on the kitchen table so I could marvel at their cuteness. And as soon as the temps fell below 70, I took them out for a spin…

To the shop. Which is risky business, because many a shoe has failed the all-day test. In fact, I keep a pair of flats in my bag for those days I’m feeling cocky and put on a pair of 4 inch wedges because my outfit just looks so much cuter, and I’ll be fine — {cut to 2 hours later and I’m in my Emmies}.

But Colby passed with flying colors! Through running around the shop, stocking new inventory in the boutique, and spending the afternoon making deliveries. All the way through to a surprise birthday party that evening. More than 14 hours without a single blister, sore ankle, or achy arch. The soft rubber wedge makes these boots super comfy, almost like a high-top sneaker.

This month, MIA Shoes is donating 10% off sales to Susan G. Komen for the Cure (a cause very close to my family’s heart as my MIL is a breast cancer survivor) when you enter “cure” at check out!

Wearing: Colby lace-up boots c/o MIA Shoes | Laundry by Shelli Segal dress (a pretty penny, available online) | INC cropped denim jacket | HUE tights | Gianni Bini hobo bag (Similar)

1. Chaundi wrote:

GAHHH!!! Loving these shoes!

Posted 10.12.11 Reply
  2. Stefanie wrote:

I love your boots! I love boots in general! I am in love with these ones right now http://www.modcloth.com/Modcloth/Womens/Shoes/Boots/-Poutine-on-the-Ritz-Bootie but I can’t justify another pair of boots right now :-( I’ll have to make do with admiring everyone elses!

Posted 10.12.11 Reply
  3. Joanne wrote:

OMG, I love this entire outfit. Oh, so fierce!

Posted 10.12.11 Reply
  4. I’ve been looking for similar boots.. yours are super cute! Love how you styled them with a dressier outfit.

Posted 10.11.11 Reply
  5. Cute! I finally found lace up boots this year and I have barely taken them off haha.

<3 Rachel

Posted 10.11.11 Reply
  6. Kayla wrote:

Those shoes are so cute! I adore my tan boot wedges and am so excited to bring them out for the fall! They really are the perfect cold weather shoe!

Posted 10.11.11 Reply
  7. I love this outfit. I am not a boot fan but this all looks good together. ;)

Posted 10.11.11 Reply
  8. soanthro wrote:

Aw I love everything about this outfit! Those boots are great!!

Posted 10.11.11 Reply
  9. rhiannon wrote:

love those booties with the dress, so cute!

Posted 10.11.11 Reply
  10. The booties are really cool substitute! Love how you made the dress down to earth, so pretty!

Cess O. <3 The Outfit Diaries

Posted 10.11.11 Reply

@keiralennox

• Farm-fresh blooms in repurposed glass from @happysplacefarm. 💕 #farmersmarket #summerlovin
  • I bought a beautiful loaf of fresh sourdough 🍞 from @honeycombbread and there’s a solid chance I‘ll rip into it on the drive home. #farmersmarket #carbsarelife
  • @shannatrudell and I talk about going to the Saturday morning farmers market at least twice a month and never *actually* do it; until today! 🍑 #farmersmarket #summerlovin #fromwhereistand
  • We love a 5:30pm cocktail date so we can be home on the couch watching ‘Stranger Things’ by 7:00. 👵🏼👴🏻 #turnup #friyay #kindachill
  • Fiddle game strong at @nplus1coffee! Look how happy this lady is in her little spot of sunshine. ☺️☀️ #shoplocal #urbanjungle #crazyplantpeople #fiddleleaffig
  • Regram from @lasaterflowers :: The prettiest pile of ‘Quicksand’ roses from a wedding a few weeks ago. They’re a favorite around here. 💕