letting go…

French Connection dress (a pretty penny, available online) | Anne Klein scarf | Gianni Bini bag | Target boots (2009) | Payless knee socks

Being a designer consignment boutique owner is proving much more difficult than I thought. Not because of the long hours processing inventory or the awkward convos with customers trying to consign their suits from 1982 {and I don’t mean in the cute vintage sense}. No, it’s the nagging temptation to keep 80% of everything that comes in, and take it straight home to my closet.

In business school, they teach us that the number one goal of any business is to be profitable [duh]. I have to remind myself of this every day when I hesitantly stock the racks (and online shop!) with all of the cute stuff I want to keep all for myself.

a real-life style & beauty blog.

Hi, I'm Keira! I love bookstores, beauty counters, and unfussy style. I spend my days running my flower shop, and (some of) my nights blogging about what I love and what I wear.

1. 10.31.11

The dress is very cute. I have a hard time selling vintage because often I am tempted to keep pieces for me. And then I justify it because I tell myself if someone compliments me, it’s an advertising opportunity…

2. 10.27.11
    Christine said:

I love that dress! and the way you have your hair up goes perfectly with the whole look!
    work-it-blog.blogspot.com

3. 10.16.11

That has to be hard!! I would be in the same boat as you, for sure!

And that dress is amazing. I seriously love the way you styled it.

4. 10.15.11

i always wonder how owners of cute shops are able to not keep one of everything they buy for their store!

xo

5. 10.15.11
    T Crane said:

I love your boots!! Are they Mossimo? The whole outfit looks adorable, like always!

6. 10.15.11
    Kori Chapa said:

I love your scarf! Where did you get it?

7. 10.14.11

I love the textures, patterns, and colour combo on you. In fact, I might steal them. Especially that pumpkin bag against the browns, whites, and blacks–or is the darker shade on your dress navy?

8. 10.14.11

Such a cute Fall look!

9. 10.13.11

This dress is SO fun. I like the way you paired it. I would never be able to do what you do. I’d take home so many things. You are so gorgeous btw. I love your eyes.

<3 Rachel

10. 10.13.11

I could never have a store, I’d be broke! Love your dress doll!

Cess O. <3 The Outfit Diaries

11. 10.13.11

i love this dress! and its french connection for less than $40! what?! you are not making it easy for me to keep to the 100 Day Stretch! (100 days without shopping. crazy i know)

12. 10.13.11
    Chaundi said:

I am loving that orange bag! I have such a thing for brightly colored bags! This week, I’m carrying a brightly colored turquoise bag :)

13. 10.13.11
    Anne said:

Beautiful girl. !!!

14. 10.13.11

The print on that dress is SO CUTE. (Sorry, not trying to tempt you to keep it!)

15. 10.13.11
    Jeannee said:

Love the dress!!!

16. 10.13.11
    Mariel said:

you are so gorgeous! you always remind me of a classic Hollywood star.

kisses!

17. 10.13.11

That would be a very hard thing to do indeed. Every time I go into my favorite consignment shops I ask the owners how they part with such beauty. You are a brave soul indeed! Luckily, you have tons of cute stuff already, like this adorable dress!

18. 10.13.11
    SWFTerra said:

I don’t think I could have that conversation. Yeah, uh… I don’t want this. Kthnxbai. Style is so subjective. I’m sure some women are certain their pieces of garbage are worth something. You’re a brave lady. Not to mention, hanging around new to you duds all day. I’d be in serious trouble.

19. 10.13.11
    Loren said:

This dress is beautiful on you, I understand why you are having trouble getting ride of it. If it were my size I’d totally go for it. Love your scarf as well!

20. 10.13.11
    Stefanie said:

I can’t imagine how hard it must be! You look so beautiful here and I love long socks with boots!