every girl needs: a classic trench

Windy City Trench c/o Ruche | Barely There long ribbed tank | Beau jeggings | Kate Landry studded pumps | Vintage clutch (thrifted)

A trench coat is one of the items in Tim Gunn’s 10 Essential Elements for a woman’s wardrobe (remember his makeover show Tim Gunn’s Guide to Style on Bravo back in the day? I miss that one. I could use less Teresa from RHONJ and more programming like that). I know some ladies scoff at the idea of closet must-haves, citing that every woman’s style is different and there’s no cookie cutter recipe that works for everyone, but I’m a big believer in the concept of closet essentials. Mostly because I hate a closet full of clutter [read my closet confessions here], and I think working around a dozen or so basics makes remixing easy breezy.

Believe it or not, this is the first trench coat I’ve ever owned, and when it came in the mail from Ruche I squealed out loud. I’ve been searching for a Florida-friendly trench for ages, and this one is perfect with it’s three-quarter sleeves and lightweight 100% cotton construction. The sweet little belled shape makes it even more special.

What are your wardrobe essentials? You can keep up with mine in the “every girl needs” posts that pop up now and then!

1. Jason Burke wrote:

The trench looks really nice! I really wish I could see a photo of you naked.

Posted 10.3.15 Reply
  2. Lucie wrote:

For example, can act as a lump of elemental magnesium metal.
    Alternative medical techniques korean culture most commonly used to treat one symptom.
    While some people following. In the middle east, India, Ayurveda, the korean culture physician healer can access this aspect
    later. Some of these treatments are designed to make your IVF a success.
    So if you’re facing a serious disease that can cure
    your yeast infection. It has cured late stage full blown AIDS every cancer under the age of these widely accepted korean culture by the people that naturopathic medicine.

Posted 6.20.14 Reply
  3. I have been surfing online more than 2 hours today, yet I
    never found any interesting article like yours.
    It’s pretty worth enough for me. In my opinion, if all website owners and bloggers made good content as you did, the net will be much more useful than ever before.

Posted 3.15.13 Reply
  4. Lauren wrote:

I’m a huge believer in closet must-haves. This trench is fun and flirty and looks great!

Posted 10.19.11 Reply
  5. Aria wrote:

You look fabulous in trench and Jackie O-ish sunnies. :)

Posted 10.19.11 Reply
  6. you have some serious lovely style dear.

the coat and the trousers in the prior post are all so lovely.

xoxo

Posted 10.18.11 Reply
  7. I have a trench from Old Navy that I got on sale last year, but I really hate the way it fits! Someday I’ll replace it…

Posted 10.18.11 Reply
  8. oh yes! trech coats are a must have, yours is perfect, no wonder it’s the only one you’ve had, love the way your hair looks specially today!

Cess O. <3 The Outfit Diaries

Posted 10.18.11 Reply
  9. Alexandra Grecco wrote:

Lovely!
    xo
    Alexandra Grecco

Posted 10.17.11 Reply
  10. Emily Keen wrote:

That trench is super cute!! I have one with leopard lining that is my favorite:) But I may have to upgrade and get another one, for the heck of it.

Posted 10.17.11 Reply
  11. So cute! I love that the shape is modern and girly…adorable.

Posted 10.17.11 Reply
  12. Anne wrote:

Love A good Classic Trench.. You look amazing as always!!

Posted 10.17.11 Reply
  13. rhiannon wrote:

love those heels, so adorable!

Posted 10.17.11 Reply
  14. LoveNiki wrote:

Love it! Where did u get those adorable shoes?

Posted 10.17.11 Reply
  15. soanthro wrote:

This is GORGEOUS! I just got a tan trench raincoat and am loving it!

Posted 10.17.11 Reply
  16. Sage wrote:

I have a great trench coat too, but it’s bright green! I read those lists of wardrobe essentials, and I usually have all the items but I like to put my own spin on them.

My wardrobe essentials are a ton of comfy flat shoes. I’m so over wearing high heels.

Posted 10.17.11 Reply
  17. Cute!!! love it :) I need a trench!

Posted 10.17.11 Reply