there’s a sock in my hair!

IMG_6187 IMG_6190

Jones New York floral button-up (a pretty penny, available online) | Simply Vera Vera Wang paneled leggings | Seychelles Gypsy sandals

A trouser sock, that is. One that long ago lost its mate to an unfortunate mauling by a Goldendoodle. I don’t know why I kept it in my sock drawer for all this time, but I’m glad I did…

If you follow the facebook page, you know that I recently discovered the “sock bun” — an easy breezy updo that takes about two minutes and zero bobby pins to create. Spurred by this pin, I scoured the Internet for a how-to. I’ll save you the work:  Check out this video to see how to rock the sock yourself! {Keep it in overnight for curls!}

1. I love that blouse, I found ur blog via SWF <3

Tye

Posted 10.31.11 Reply
  2. Jackie wrote:

this is how we used to make our buns for dance recitals! they turn out perfect every time. and yours is gorgeous as an updo. fancy fancy :)

Posted 10.29.11 Reply
  3. Kate wrote:

I keep meaning to try the sock bun! I’ve done the “carrie bun” before but with lots of teasing and hair spray, haha, so a sock sounds much better for the hair! It looks adorable on you, and I am loving this outfit! Oversized blouses, especially in a pretty print, are my weakness!

Posted 10.22.11 Reply
  4. AHH!! I just learned this trick!! I cannot believe I’ve never heard of a sock bun?!? Looks great!! I love those pants too!

www.mythriftychic.blogspot.com

Posted 10.21.11 Reply
  5. Linda wrote:

Thanks for sharing the link, Keira! My hair never stays up in a bun for very long. Now I’m itching to cut one of M’s socks (not mine, hehe) and try the sock bun. Your hair looks so pretty in it.

Posted 10.20.11 Reply
  6. I adore the sock bun!

And those kick ass pants too!

Virginie ♥

Posted 10.20.11 Reply
  7. jg wrote:

Thank you for sharing …this is the best idea ever for taming my mane…the video was super helpful

Posted 10.20.11 Reply
  8. 1. LOVE that shirt.

2. I am so intrigued by this sock bun. I’m going to try it asap!

Posted 10.20.11 Reply
  9. SWFTerra wrote:

I remember a gal in my ballet class would always have the perfect bun. Very much like the one seen here. While she had a handy dandy little tool that did this, I much prefer a simpler, and cheaper, option.

In short, I LOVE THIS AND WILL DO THIS.

Posted 10.20.11 Reply
  10. Love the sock bun. I’m trying to grow my hair out — and in that inbetween stage where it would be so lovely to just chop it all off — so this is great motivation for an easy hair do once it gets long enough. Thanks!

Posted 10.20.11 Reply
  11. Anonymous wrote:

WOW! ur bun looks perfect, love it

Posted 10.20.11 Reply
  12. rhiannon wrote:

love the bun and those leggings!

Posted 10.20.11 Reply
  13. Elizabeth wrote:

Looks perfect on your hair, great job! Love this edgier outfit for you too! Looking great!

Posted 10.20.11 Reply
  14. Love sock buns! It looks cute on you.

Posted 10.20.11 Reply
  15. I do the sock bun too! ha ha It’s the best thing human race has ever invented, after the internet of course, you look lovely!

Cess O. <3 The Outfit Diaries

Posted 10.19.11 Reply
  16. love your leggings. and i need to try the sock bun! lots of people have and they all seem to love it!

xo

Posted 10.19.11 Reply
  17. Jeannee wrote:

Love the hair, the OOTD, and that Goldendoodle!

Posted 10.19.11 Reply
  18. I was so excited when I found out you could curl your hair with no heat and A SOCK. I tried it myself and got cute little flippy ends but no real curls since my hair’s not quite long enough for all the curls. I wonder if you could use a normal scrunchie to get tighter curls? Anyone have a time machine to the early 90’s?

Posted 10.19.11 Reply