how to rock a scarf this season.

EzraLyn scarf (handmade by my friend Traci, and coming soon to the online shop) | LOFT boatneck tee | Anthropologie skirt (a pretty penny, available online) | Dooney and Bourke cross-body (a pretty penny, coming soon to the online shop) | Target boots (2009)

If you’ve followed my blog for like, a minute, you know scarves are one of my very favorite accessories. {If you’re new around here, welcome, and thanks for stopping in!} I wear one nearly every day when the temps are mild and breezy, and even try to sport lightweight linen versions in the summer now and then (because sometimes you have to suffer for fashion).

Believe it or not, scarves and I have a fairly short love story. You see, I’ve had a crush on them for a really long time. I’d look at them on other girls and pine with envy, and every now and then I’d buy one off a clearance rack — only to bring it home and stash it in the back of the closet. I knew I wanted them, had to have them; I just didn’t know what to do with them.

Then I started this little blog, and found inspiration from some seriously stylish girls who not only wore scarves like it was their job, but shared invaluable information about how to pull them off myself! The rest is history…

IMG_5728 IMG_4629 IMG_2412 19of30(2)IMG_9561 5161 041011(2) 032911(3)

If you’re a little scarf-shy, here are some great tips and tricks to help from some of my favorites around the style webs — just in time for fall!

Sydney’s blog, The Daybook, is full of great inspiration for accessible style that you want to wear every day. I love her video tutorial for scarves and belts.

You’ve probably already seen this video about 25 ways to tie a scarf in 4.5 minutes, because it’s quickly making its way around the blogosphere. But just in case you haven’t, check it out.

Don’t just limit your scarf skillz to your neck, tie them around your head turban-style like Keiko Lynn!

Ruche has a gorgeous collection of dreamy scarves, and in this post on their blog, they show how to work different shapes.

My stylish-momma friend, Terra, shared a video on her blog Stylish White Female ages ago — but it’s still one of my favorites!

1. Love your look! I’m a huge scarf fan myself… actually just posted that 4.5 minute video on my blog. Great to discover you (through MIA shoes twitter acct).

Posted 11.1.11 Reply
  2. Your have impressive collection of scarfs:-)

Posted 10.30.11 Reply
  3. Heather wrote:

Scarves rock! Thanks for posting the tips!

Posted 10.29.11 Reply
  4. this is adorable. love it

Posted 10.29.11 Reply
  5. krystynfrye wrote:

Lovely to see all the inspirations together! I’m working on a 30 for 30 Challenge for fall and I’m trying to incorporate scarves this time!

Posted 10.28.11 Reply
  6. Loving it! Scarfs are quickly becoming a favorite accessory of mine as well. I like the one you’re wearing here.

<3 Rachel

Posted 10.26.11 Reply
  7. Christine wrote:

I’m a scarf addict! maybe that is why i <3 your style so much!

Posted 10.26.11 Reply
  8. Kati wrote:

Thanks for the great tips! I wanted to let you know you have been given the Leibster Award, check it out at http://www.beyondthebasicfigleaf.blogspot.com

Posted 10.26.11 Reply
  9. Stefanie wrote:

I am also a scarf hoarder! Haha! In my opinion, a scarf is an essential and it’s nearly always mild enough (or freezing!) for one in Scotland :-)

Posted 10.26.11 Reply
  10. gi-gi wrote:

I keep a scarf in my bag year round. I love them too. Hmmm, maybe have to style the pants from you with one.

Posted 10.26.11 Reply
  11. rhiannon wrote:

gorgeous scarf! and i love that video, i saw it a few weeks ago and have been trying some of the styles this week.

Posted 10.26.11 Reply
  12. Just found your blog – lurve it!

Posted 10.26.11 Reply
  13. Love the video and I am a scarf freak! I could wear a cute tee and a scarf every day!

Posted 10.26.11 Reply
  14. Robin wrote:

I love all the scarf ideas and I LOVE that 25 ways video. You can def rock a scarf girl! Love all the ways you have scarfed it up.

Posted 10.26.11 Reply
  15. CessOviedo wrote:

You are awesome with scarves! Lusting over socks and boots look!

Cess O. <3 The Outfit Diaries

Posted 10.25.11 Reply
  16. Chaundi wrote:

That cross-body… I got WAY to excited when I saw it! LOVE! :)

Posted 10.25.11 Reply
  17. I, too, am a bit scarf-obsessed! Love how this one looks with the yellow top :)

Posted 10.25.11 Reply
  18. Scarves are my favorite thing ever! I love that look on you too! The output is spectacular and it’s killing me that I’m on a shopping detox because I want to order everything I see on you from the store! Great marketing! Lol

Posted 10.25.11 Reply