mummies, martinis, and mascara

10/29/2011 10 Comments

mummies, martinis, and mascara

10/29/2011 10 Comments

I’m alive! Things have been a little dark around here for the last few days, because we’ve been busy, busy this week. Thursday night, my friend, Perry, and I co-hosted a small Halloween party at the shop. Perry’s a super-talented makeup artist, and she did a few presentations on FX makeup for the holiday weekend.

Of course, we all hit up Pinterest to find some spooky recipes…

Can you really beat a seven layer dip? I worked late at the shop last night processing new inventory, and plowed through half of the leftovers. By myself. Like a crazed woman on a binge. Then I ate more of it for breakfast when I came in this morning to run deliveries. {Lauren, can you make this for me every day?!}

Later, Perry got to work giving her sister, Lauren, a chemical burn! Never have I ever seen a group of dudes so interested in a makeup lesson ;-)

Look who came! It’s Anne of WobiSobi and her beautiful daughter, Hannah. I think great style is encoded in these ladies’ DNA. Anne is probably taking Instagrams or tweeting about the party ;-) Meghan from m.marie was there, too, rocking some cheetah print from Perry.

IMG_6560 IMG_6619

You can find more photos from the event on the APP facebook page. While you’re there, follow Perry L. Oakley, Makeup Artist, m.marie, and WobiSobi!

• […] mummies for a Halloween party that I co-hosted with my friend Perry at the shop last year (you can read about it here). They’re one of my favorite spooky […]

• SWFTerra 10/31/2011 at 8:56 pm

Upside down wine glasses as candlesticks? Love that. Stealing.

• A Skirt With Pockets 10/31/2011 at 12:13 pm

Looks like a super fun Halloween party! And such a cute shop you’ve got there from what I can see in the pics!

• kirsty 10/31/2011 at 10:43 am

it all looks brilliant x

• rhiannon 10/30/2011 at 6:23 pm

awesome photos! i love the candles in the wine glasses, super adorable!

• Stefanie 10/30/2011 at 4:02 am

It looked like a brilliant evening and the photos are fantastic! I adore the idea of placing candles on upside down glasses!

• Anne 10/30/2011 at 12:20 am

Everything was so beautiful !! Thank you so much for inviting us. I <3 you

• Sage 10/29/2011 at 6:37 pm

That looks like such a fun party! But that fake burn is too gross–ew! Happy Halloween. :)

• Terri 10/29/2011 at 6:25 pm

What a fun evening! Your shop is adorable!