turkey and dressing

Fall

Last week I was in Target and spotted these adorable booties. I walked out of the store without them, but I’ve spent the last four to six days creating outfits in my head to justify going back this weekend and buying a pair. As if a $29.99 purchase requires so much consideration; I’ve spent less time pulling the trigger on a $22 tube of lipgloss.
I took my ideas to Polyvore (the second largest time vortex, after Pinterest) and put together a little something for Thanksgiving with the family. Colorful cords and/or denim has been on my shopping list since the start of the season, and these Lauren Conrad skinny cords are the perfect color for fall. Added bonus: corduroy stretches nicely, a requirement for holiday gluttony. I added a pretty feminine blouse  — with extra flounce and flowiness — and topped it with a denim vest to keep things casual. {I’ve been on a hunt for an inexpensive secondhand denim jacket to turn into a vest, but no luck so far!} Garnished with simple accessories in autumn tones, and it’s my ideal head-to-toe for a day of family, food, and football!
What will you wear for the holiday?

1. I just got those booties but in black. Love them! A must have :-) I am also a bargain hunter and almost never buy stuff full price, but I made an exception :-)

Posted 11.26.11 Reply
  2. Kayla wrote:

Those boots are fantastic! What a great find at Target! I think those pants would be the perfect pair for those shoes!

Posted 11.13.11 Reply
  3. Kelly wrote:

I love this outfit! It’s the perfect blend of colors and textures :)

Posted 11.12.11 Reply
  4. Katherine wrote:

I love the fall colors in this post – some of my favorites. Did you get the wedges? The price is great and they look fabulous!

Posted 11.11.11 Reply
  5. Anonymous wrote:

Totally bought those shoes last weekend after seeing a similar pair on Pinterest. L-O-V-E them and this outfit!

Posted 11.11.11 Reply
  6. Valerie wrote:

Try an Old Navy clearance section for an inexpensive denim jacket… I saw a bunch yesterday when I went through!

Posted 11.11.11 Reply
  7. Kylee wrote:

This is a perfect outfit! Chic, yet comfortable! You should def go get those booties! I think a lot of us will be on the search for them as well:)

Posted 11.11.11 Reply
  8. soanthro wrote:

LOVE those colors so pretty for fall and Thanksgiving!!

Posted 11.11.11 Reply
  9. rhiannon wrote:

gorgeous outfit, i bought those boots last week and absolutely love them! they go with so many fall/winter outfits!

Posted 11.11.11 Reply
  10. Perfect Thanksgiving outfit! You should totally buy those boots, by the way.

Psh, I have no idea what I’ll wear for Thanksgiving. I’m too busy trying to decide what to make for my first Thanksgiving as a vegetarian!

Posted 11.11.11 Reply
  11. Shon wrote:

So cute. I was just at my Target and did not see any such booties!! You should go back and get those for sure. Enjoy!! Happy Thanksgiving.

Posted 11.10.11 Reply
  12. Joanne wrote:

great Thanksgiving outfit! I think you need to head back to Target and grab thos booties, I’m sure you’ll find ample outfits to pair them with:)

Love the site redesign btw:)

Posted 11.10.11 Reply
  13. Alyssa wrote:

totally cute outfit! i love those wedges :)
    xx
    alyssa

Posted 11.10.11 Reply

@keiralennox

• The only thing that would’ve made this @bonappetitmag ‘white pesto pasta’ better is if @lallimusic was in my kitchen when I made it. (I re-watched her video as I prepped, which was the next best thing.) Guys, I cannot overstate the seriousness of my obsession with the @bonappetitmag YouTube channel. Most of my bookmarks on my phone are videos of recipes I want to try, and I’m slowly making my way through ‘em; kind of like ‘Julie & Julia’ but with fewer live lobsters and a little less butter.
#pastagram #bonappetit #carbcoma
  • Spotted this pretty blooming bush on our evening walk through the neighborhood.
Doak got a little *too* close to the smell the flowers. 🤣
  • In today’s edition of #sundaybaking, I took on @bonappetitmag’s ‘best chocolate chip cookies’. I watched the video first — if you’re not following the @bonappetitmag YouTube channel, get on it! — then used the recipe from BA’s website to guide me through it.
Crispy edges + a chewy center + brown butter + giant chunks of 70% dark chocolate = a pretty perfect cookie. 🍪
@moroccochris - I salute you.
#chocolatechipcookies #bonappetit
  • Clearance vase jackpot at @pier1 this weekend. There are so many great colors and textures in all shapes and sizes from $10-30 with an extra 25% off. ⁣
This was the ultimate test of self-control for me...⁣
I bought 5.
  • Saturday errand style f/ two #styleonabudget favorites from last summer that are still going strong: this gingham ruffle cami I found on a clearance rack at @target + a rattan circle bag I bought for around $25 on @amazon.
I’m killing the cost-per-wear game with these two. 😏 #whatiwore #ootd #summerstyle #stylefiles
  • 🍑