utilitarian

11/22/2011 20 Comments

utilitarian

11/22/2011 20 Comments

Decree Utility Jacket c/o jcpenney | Ralph Lauren striped cardi | Sunny Leigh silk rosette blouse (Macy’s clearance a few years ago) | Lucky Brand Sundown jeans | Tipper Braided Hobo c/o Handbag Heaven | Revlon Colorburst lipstick in Fuchsia

Meet my favorite safari vest’s cousin, the utility jacket. I’ve very nearly worn that vest to death, so I thought she could use a break. When I was at jcpenney a couple weeks ago shopping for an upcoming collabo (stay tuned) I came across this cute little number in the juniors department. I usually don’t venture into junior territory since everything’s cut for 2×4’s, but jackets I can do.

I will wear this utility jacket at least once a week. Consider yourself warned.

• Sharon 12/01/2011 at 4:15 pm

Check the clearance rack. I had my eye on this jacket and went back to get it and it was 19.99 plus I had a $10.00 off a $10.00 purchase. Score so I bought new earings as well!

• kate @ undeniable style 11/27/2011 at 12:11 pm

One of my faves I’ve seen you in so far. Love the utilitarian and nautical combo and the colors. Plus, the bag is FAB!

xo,
    Kate

• Veni Vidi Vici (@VVV_Blog) 11/26/2011 at 3:11 pm

I love that jacket, and I love JCP. Need to check my local one and see if they have it there :-)

• Anonymous 11/25/2011 at 1:34 pm

I have that jacket as well please give us some more ideals on what to pair with it

• Melissa N 11/25/2011 at 12:06 am

love the layering! i feel like i need a good army jacket/shirt, yours is perfect!

talesofmonkeyandpig.blogspot.com

• Christine 11/23/2011 at 11:03 am

Love the layers! I wear my new blazer about once a week now!

• Elizabeth 11/23/2011 at 8:34 am

Love the jacket, especially paired with the stripes underneath. I think the *real* star here is your lipstick though…amazing. Your skin is looking flawless these days too!

• Annie 11/23/2011 at 8:09 am

LOVE this….really makes the outfit!

Annie
    The Other Side of Gray

• Charlie, Feminine Bravery 11/23/2011 at 6:43 am

Love the outfit, and the lipstick is the cherry on top! Looks great!

• Terri 11/23/2011 at 6:30 am

LOVE the jacket with the striped shirt. I have a black-and-white striped shirt, so I may need to get my hands on a utility jacket so I can effectively steal this!

• Joanne Mason 11/23/2011 at 12:56 am

very cute outfit!

• CessOviedo 11/22/2011 at 11:45 pm

Without a doubt that jacket is my favorite of yours, all the combos you come up with are amazing!

Cess O. <3 The Outfit Diaries

• oolung 11/22/2011 at 10:25 pm

Hey, I’ve got one that looks exactly the same! :-)

• Kayla 11/22/2011 at 9:46 pm

OMG, I’ve been obsessing over the safari vest for days (weeks really, but that sounds embarassing)….I’ve googled, even ebay’d. I’m buying this asap. Can I ask how the Juniors sizing compares to regular people sizing? I’m a small in women’s sizes, but worried I might need a medium. Help?

• Melina 11/22/2011 at 9:17 pm

Oh I love that jacket, especially paired with the stripes! Hahah, your 2×4 comment is priceless!

xx Melina

• Robin 11/22/2011 at 8:43 pm

Love this vest! If I remember correctly, the vest you speak of is the one from Old Navy? I have the same one. And . . . I’m wearing it today. And I wear it all the time. Should we indulge in a little ONVA? (Old Navy Vest Anonymous) ;-)

• ppfgirl 11/22/2011 at 8:18 pm

I have a utility jacket & cargo vest and I’m so glad to know I’m not the only one wearing them non-stop! They are so easy to layer over other pieces and perfect for fall – love this look :)

• 7cakes 11/22/2011 at 8:13 pm

love this outfit. Just my kind of thing. cute jacket =D

• amy moore 11/22/2011 at 8:12 pm

you never posted manicure monday :( my nails are naked for lack of inspiration

• chill air & perfume (@chill_air) 11/22/2011 at 8:07 pm

No wonder you love that jacket! It is amazing. I’m not surprised we both love it, though, given our mutual affection for the vest version!