rainy

11/28/2011 13 Comments

rainy

11/28/2011 13 Comments

Paris Blues jacket (a pretty penny, available online) | Lauren Conrad blouse (Kohl’s clearance last year) | Express black denim Editors (similar) | Michael Kors ponyhair wedges | Just Fabulous handbag (birthday gift from Mom)

Rainy days and Mondays always get me down

Okay, not really. I quite enjoy rainy afternoons, and Mondays aren’t so bad either. But when they follow a holiday weekend that leaves me in a carbohydrate and tryptophan coma, they just make me want to crawl into bed with a steamy cup of tea and a good book.

I hope you all enjoyed your Thanksgiving! Ours was lovely. We spent lots of quality time with family that we don’t see nearly often enough, had a successful Black Friday at the shop, and spent all day yesterday eating leftovers and lounging around the house.

And now begins the crazy spiral toward Christmas. So much to do and so little time! Beginning with decorating the shop for the holiday, including two huge window displays (Pinterest inspiration, anyone?). I hear a legit cold front is heading our way this week, which always helps me get in the holiday spirit. {There’s something so wrong about trimming a tree in a sundress and flip-flops.}

• savannahbeginnings 12/02/2011 at 3:33 pm

That lipstick color looks great on you! Great new bag, your mom must have great taste!

• Brandy 11/30/2011 at 11:19 pm

I am in love with this purse!

• Veni, Vidi, Vici 11/29/2011 at 6:39 pm

I just purchased that bag in brown and CANNOT wait for it to get home! Love, love, love it!!!

• rhiannon 11/29/2011 at 4:15 pm
  • Christine 11/29/2011 at 11:36 am

I love Pinterest inspiration! how did I ever get inspiration before Pinterest!? Love this outfit, and I’m glad your Turkey day was good!

• Annie 11/29/2011 at 8:24 am

Love that bag. Monday this week was particularly terrible…I agree!

Annie
    The Other Side of Gray

• Cecilia Oviedo 11/28/2011 at 10:47 pm

Oh wow! You mom has an amazing taste, she sure knows how to make you happy, that bag is as awesome as it is big!

Cess O. <3 The Outfit Diaries

• Melina 11/28/2011 at 7:51 pm

That bag is so adorable and I really love those pants too! I’m so jealous of your cold front. Being in LA, more often than not, the Christmas decorating is done in sundresses… Boo to that.

xx Melina

• Meghan 11/28/2011 at 4:40 pm

Cute K :)

• Wore Out 11/28/2011 at 3:52 pm

I am so jealous of your bag! I love the color and the texture. It goes well with the other layers you choose for this look. We’re having a warm fall as well but I know there will be plenty of cold by the time the holidays roll around. I hope you’ll share pics of how you decorate your store front windows!

• The In-Between 11/28/2011 at 3:49 pm

That bag is to die for, and the shoes look amazing too!

• chill air & perfume (@chill_air) 11/28/2011 at 3:44 pm

That handbag is really something! I really like the blouse, too, and the color looks so pretty on you.

• keiralennox 11/28/2011 at 3:47 pm

My whole life fits in this bag — Macbook, DSLR, day planner, everything!! :-)