unexpected basics

12/06/2011 28 Comments

unexpected basics

12/06/2011 28 Comments

LC Lauren Conrad pleated faux-leather shorts (Kohl’s sale) | Ralph Lauren striped cardi | Chico’s tank | Jessica Simpson Landen pumps | JustFab tote bag

Never did I ever think I’d fall so deeply in love with a pair of pleather shorts. I’ve worn these babies no less than 10 times since buying them the weekend before Thanksgiving (actually, getting them for free with Kohl’s cash; #winning). In fact — beginning on Thanksgiving Day — I shamelessly donned them three days in a row. They just may be one of the most versatile things in my closet right now. And they lighten the disappointment that it’s December and I’m bare-legged and sweating in my black twinset cardigan.

Speaking of legs, one of you has a pair of ASSETS by Sarah Blakely Super Shaper Tights courtesy of jcpenney with your name on ’em…

Katie, you forgot to leave me a way to contact you! Oops! Please shoot me an email by Friday with your shipping information. If I don’t hear from you, we’ll have to draw another winner. Thanks for entering everyone!

• Lorena 12/20/2011 at 2:58 pm

You look like you just walked off the pages of a fashion magazine…. its just perfect.

• words4wear 12/08/2011 at 8:59 pm

I liked those when I saw them but didn’t buy because I thought they would look horrid on me…they look so cute on you! I love LC’s line.

• Tracy @ The Wardrobe Wanderer 12/08/2011 at 6:34 pm

great look! I really like that necklace, and those shorts look really comfy – great for warmer or cooler weather :)

• Veni, Vidi, Vici 12/08/2011 at 12:44 pm

This entry is a wonderful reminder of why I need to move back to Florida, so I can also wear shorts with bear legs in December :-) Those shorts are lovely. I have to check my local Kohl’s. Lovely outfit, as always. Btw, I ended up finding the utilitarian Decree jacket at JCP. $19.99 – $15 off coupon = $4.99 #winning!

• Annie 12/08/2011 at 7:55 am

I have been lusting after shorts like that…absolutely love them on you and how you paired them with the striped cardi! Kohl’s huh….who woulda thought!

Annie
    The Other Side of Gray

• oolung 12/07/2011 at 10:46 pm

Wow, I must say I never considered pleather before, but these do look lovely!

• chill air & perfume (@chill_air) 12/07/2011 at 1:24 pm

Those shorts are SO CUTE. Leather shorts, especially in that color, are surprisingly versatile, I think. I need a pair!

• blue roses 12/07/2011 at 10:56 am

love the classic striped cardigan; such a staple, it goes with everything. i end up living in pieces like that!

• soanthro 12/07/2011 at 9:57 am

I love the shorts!! Almost got them but figured I wouldn’t find enough to wear them with, now I’m regretting that decision! Got some other Lauren Conrad things instead and I totally went back with my Kohl’s cash too :)

• notanotherrandomgirl 12/07/2011 at 9:51 am

I love your jacket!

• SaFire 12/07/2011 at 6:21 am

forget the shorts, i lurve your shoes. <3

• Melina 12/06/2011 at 7:48 pm

Those shorts are so cute! I’d never think to purchase leather shorts, but those look so fab on you!

xx Melina

• Dasia Gonzalez 12/06/2011 at 7:13 pm

I bought the SAME shorts and I am so obsessed as well, but haven’t had the chance to wear them yet!!

• Jess 12/06/2011 at 6:36 pm

I also own those pleather shorts and I love them. Such a great addition to my wardrobe!

• 7cakes 12/06/2011 at 5:40 pm

Those are adorable. I would never have thought I would like those =D but they’re cute as can be!

• Cecilia Oviedo 12/06/2011 at 5:22 pm

How could you ever get enough of those shorts they are superb! Love the cute cardi!

Cess O. <3 The Outfit Diaries

• Frannie Pantz 12/06/2011 at 4:45 pm

I am currently on a shopping ban. But . . . I have been wanting leather shorts forever and I have some Kohl’s cash from Christmas shopping. This should be allowed no? I LOVE these shorts! You look great!

• Terri 12/06/2011 at 3:53 pm

A coworker of mine has been lusting after these very shorts! I sent her a link so she can drool at them/you.

• Bailey Mikell 12/06/2011 at 3:27 pm

I absolutely love this outfit!! The shorts are killer and your cardigan goes perfect. xoxo

• Katie 12/06/2011 at 3:22 pm

Yayyyy!! I’m super excited! I just sent you an email :)

Thanks!!
    kgdouth@gmail.com

• Chelsea 12/06/2011 at 2:31 pm

Oh, I love those shorts- what a great pick! I’ve been on the hunt for a neutral pair of dressy-type shorts to wear over tights. Unfortunately our weather here isn’t warm enough for bare legs! lol

• Kelsey Williams 12/06/2011 at 2:29 pm

how are you wearing shorts in december?? :) p.s. they are adorable…i want! LC rocks :)

• ANA @ SWEET SERENDIPITY 12/06/2011 at 12:59 pm

I love those shorts, and heels. Goodness that’s a cute outfit!
    Congrats to the winner also :)

Come enter my Shabby Apple dress giveaway just in time for holiday parties season!

• Cathy 12/06/2011 at 12:44 pm

Those shorts look so cute on you!!! Love it!

• ppfgirl 12/06/2011 at 12:43 pm

Those shorts are adorable! They weren’t super-flattering on me when I tried them on, but otherwise, I loved them. :)

• keiralennox 12/06/2011 at 12:58 pm

I went up a size, and then I loved them! The first time I tried them on in my size, I was kind of “meh.”

• Anne 12/06/2011 at 12:32 pm

Awesome!!

• The In-Between 12/06/2011 at 11:58 am

Ugh, I have been wanting those. Jealous!