unexpected basics

LC Lauren Conrad pleated faux-leather shorts (Kohl’s sale) | Ralph Lauren striped cardi | Chico’s tank | Jessica Simpson Landen pumps | JustFab tote bag

Never did I ever think I’d fall so deeply in love with a pair of pleather shorts. I’ve worn these babies no less than 10 times since buying them the weekend before Thanksgiving (actually, getting them for free with Kohl’s cash; #winning). In fact — beginning on Thanksgiving Day — I shamelessly donned them three days in a row. They just may be one of the most versatile things in my closet right now. And they lighten the disappointment that it’s December and I’m bare-legged and sweating in my black twinset cardigan.

Speaking of legs, one of you has a pair of ASSETS by Sarah Blakely Super Shaper Tights courtesy of jcpenney with your name on ’em…

Katie, you forgot to leave me a way to contact you! Oops! Please shoot me an email by Friday with your shipping information. If I don’t hear from you, we’ll have to draw another winner. Thanks for entering everyone!

1. Lorena wrote:

You look like you just walked off the pages of a fashion magazine…. its just perfect.

Posted 12.20.11 Reply
  2. words4wear wrote:

I liked those when I saw them but didn’t buy because I thought they would look horrid on me…they look so cute on you! I love LC’s line.

Posted 12.8.11 Reply
  3. great look! I really like that necklace, and those shorts look really comfy – great for warmer or cooler weather :)

Posted 12.8.11 Reply
  4. This entry is a wonderful reminder of why I need to move back to Florida, so I can also wear shorts with bear legs in December :-) Those shorts are lovely. I have to check my local Kohl’s. Lovely outfit, as always. Btw, I ended up finding the utilitarian Decree jacket at JCP. $19.99 – $15 off coupon = $4.99 #winning!

Posted 12.8.11 Reply
  5. Annie wrote:

I have been lusting after shorts like that…absolutely love them on you and how you paired them with the striped cardi! Kohl’s huh….who woulda thought!

Annie
    The Other Side of Gray

Posted 12.8.11 Reply
  6. oolung wrote:

Wow, I must say I never considered pleather before, but these do look lovely!

Posted 12.7.11 Reply
  7. Those shorts are SO CUTE. Leather shorts, especially in that color, are surprisingly versatile, I think. I need a pair!

Posted 12.7.11 Reply
  8. blue roses wrote:

love the classic striped cardigan; such a staple, it goes with everything. i end up living in pieces like that!

Posted 12.7.11 Reply
  9. soanthro wrote:

I love the shorts!! Almost got them but figured I wouldn’t find enough to wear them with, now I’m regretting that decision! Got some other Lauren Conrad things instead and I totally went back with my Kohl’s cash too :)

Posted 12.7.11 Reply
  10. I love your jacket!

Posted 12.7.11 Reply
  11. SaFire wrote:

forget the shorts, i lurve your shoes. <3

Posted 12.7.11 Reply
  12. Melina wrote:

Those shorts are so cute! I’d never think to purchase leather shorts, but those look so fab on you!

xx Melina

13. Dasia Gonzalez wrote:

I bought the SAME shorts and I am so obsessed as well, but haven’t had the chance to wear them yet!!

14. Jess wrote:

I also own those pleather shorts and I love them. Such a great addition to my wardrobe!

15. 7cakes wrote:

Those are adorable. I would never have thought I would like those =D but they’re cute as can be!

Posted 12.6.11 Reply
  16. How could you ever get enough of those shorts they are superb! Love the cute cardi!

Cess O. <3 The Outfit Diaries

Posted 12.6.11 Reply
  17. I am currently on a shopping ban. But . . . I have been wanting leather shorts forever and I have some Kohl’s cash from Christmas shopping. This should be allowed no? I LOVE these shorts! You look great!

18. Terri wrote:

A coworker of mine has been lusting after these very shorts! I sent her a link so she can drool at them/you.

Posted 12.6.11 Reply
  19. I absolutely love this outfit!! The shorts are killer and your cardigan goes perfect. xoxo

20. Katie wrote:

Yayyyy!! I’m super excited! I just sent you an email :)

Thanks!!
    kgdouth@gmail.com

21. Chelsea wrote:

Oh, I love those shorts- what a great pick! I’ve been on the hunt for a neutral pair of dressy-type shorts to wear over tights. Unfortunately our weather here isn’t warm enough for bare legs! lol

Posted 12.6.11 Reply
  22. how are you wearing shorts in december?? :) p.s. they are adorable…i want! LC rocks :)

Posted 12.6.11 Reply
  23. I love those shorts, and heels. Goodness that’s a cute outfit!
    Congrats to the winner also :)

Come enter my Shabby Apple dress giveaway just in time for holiday parties season!

24. Cathy wrote:

Those shorts look so cute on you!!! Love it!

25. ppfgirl wrote:

Those shorts are adorable! They weren’t super-flattering on me when I tried them on, but otherwise, I loved them. :)

Posted 12.6.11 Reply
    • I went up a size, and then I loved them! The first time I tried them on in my size, I was kind of “meh.”

26. Anne wrote:

Awesome!!

Posted 12.6.11 Reply
  27. Ugh, I have been wanting those. Jealous!

@keiralennox

Instagram has returned invalid data.