good jeans are a girl’s best friend.

12/27/2011 11 Comments

good jeans are a girl’s best friend.

12/27/2011 11 Comments

{the money shot}
DL1961 Angel Ankle Jeans c/o INVISTA | Express tee | Simply Vera Vera Wang Shimmer Brooch Slouch Hat (Christmas gift from Mom) | Jessica Simpson Landen platforms | JustFab tote bag

There is nothing I hate more than shopping for jeans. I’d rather spend an afternoon trying on swimsuits — an equally loath-able experience. I have a petite curvy frame, which makes finding the perfect shape in denim damn near impossible. If they fit my butt, they gap in the back. If they hug my curves just right, they’ll stretch out into boyfriend jeans by 5:00. And don’t even get me started on muffin tops…

I think that denim is one of those staples worthy of investment. You’ll never see me drop more than $100 on a pair of shoes, but if I find a pair of jeans that fit just right and I know I’ll wear for years, budget-smudget. When INVISTA — the geniuses behind LYCRA fiber — contacted me about trying a pair of jeans from their new “POUR IT ON” campaign, I was all in.

During Fashion Week, INVISTA partnered with six leading denim brands: 7 for All Mankind, Citizens of Humanity, DL1961, Henry & Belle, Marc Allison and Calvin Klein. In a “POUR IT ON” rain theme inspired by the fluid and intimate feel of water on the skin, they promoted the never saggy, never baggy, custom-like fit of jeans with LYCRA fabrics. INVISTA’s technology allows designers to develop denim that stretches and recovers in all directions, resulting in jeans with exceptional comfort and fit. In 2011, LYCRA dualFX fabric was added to INVISTA’s line of denim concepts, fulfulling customer demand for jeans that could stretch 30 percent or more without compromising lasting fit and recovery.

What does this mean for us, ladies? No more stiff denim, dreaded saggy butts, or jeans that look amazing in the morning and dumpy by sundown. Rejoice!

I received my pair of DL1961 Angel Ankle Jeans in the mail on Christmas Eve, and wore them to family dinner that evening, all of Christmas Day, and then threw them back on to go to work this morning. Tons of wear, and they look — and fit — just like they did when I pulled them out of the box.

Not only do they look great, they feel even better. 30 percent stretchability is a wonderful thing, my friends.

• yen 01/04/2012 at 3:02 am

Love the outfit especially the gorgeous pair of shoes!

• ShopFast 12/31/2011 at 3:47 am

I bought this hat Thanksgiving 2010 for my trip to Paris. Rocked it the whole time. Fabulous! You look lovely.

• bradysbungalo7 12/27/2011 at 11:11 pm

Oh man! I hate jean shopping…so hard to find the right pair! nice hat!!

• rhiannon 12/27/2011 at 3:20 pm

you look gorgeous! love the hat on you.

• Jessica 12/27/2011 at 2:56 pm

You look amazing in those jeans! I have the same issue with jeans too, I hate shopping for them because it’s impossible to find one that fit properly! Very cute outfit, love the bag and the slouchy hat!

• Cathy 12/27/2011 at 2:46 pm

Girl you are rocking’ those jeans!!!! :)

• Andrea 12/27/2011 at 12:56 pm

Oh they really do look great! Must investigate these further…

• Linda Z 12/27/2011 at 12:06 pm

These look great on you!! I hate shopping for jeans, too. But not more that bathing suits. :) Love your hat! :)

• ppfgirl 12/27/2011 at 11:35 am

These are great – they look like the perfect fit…I need a pair now!

• chill air & perfume (@chill_air) 12/27/2011 at 10:09 am

Those jeans look amazing on you!

• eatandwear 12/27/2011 at 10:01 am

I need to get my hands on those! Joe’s Jeans (honey fit) work well for me, and I think we have a similar body type. They have them at TJ Maxx stores with the “Runway” section. Worth a try and not too expensive! I also love the fit of Gap jeans, but they’re stretched out by the end of the day :(.