snoods and nostalgic moods.

AE sweater | LC Lauren Conrad pleather shorts | handmade snood c/o Seams to Be | Colby boots c/o MIA Shoes | HUE heather gray tights

My Nan — my Dad’s mom and the best grandmother in the history of grandmothers — had a small collection of handmade afghan blankets. When I was little, I loved cuddling up with the colorful knitted throws and watching Disney movies on repeat. {Who else can sing every word to every song on the Little Mermaid soundtrack?!} I wish I’d kept one or two of those super-special blankets after she passed away.

Thanks to Lyndsay and her cute Etsy shop, Seams to Be, I’ve found the next best thing! Lyndsay sent me this adorable handmade snood scarf and a darling knitted hat, just in time for some seriously chilly weather. This snood is so soft and cozy, and reminds me of Nan’s blankets. It makes me all warm and fuzzy inside (and outside).

Thank you, Lyndsay! Be sure to check out her shop. You can also find Lyndsay on her blog, Craftanista.

1. snoods wrote:

Hello there I am so delighted I found your blog page, I really found you by mistake, while I was researching for something else,
    Regardless I am here now and would just like to say many thanks for a remarkable post and a all round enjoyable blog.Please do keep up the excellent work.

Posted 3.30.12 Reply
  2. Becky wrote:

Love this outfit! :)

Posted 1.5.12 Reply
  3. Chelsea wrote:

Love those shorts :)

Posted 1.4.12 Reply
  4. 7cakes wrote:

What a CUTE outfit!

Posted 1.4.12 Reply
  5. Christine wrote:

I adore your new scarf, and I’m wishing I were cool enough to wear winter shorts!

Posted 1.4.12 Reply
  6. Annie wrote:

LOVE that blue cowl…so cute! And your shorts are the best :)

Annie
    The Other Side of Gray

Posted 1.4.12 Reply
  7. Oh the short, I love those shorts! Great outfit:)

Posted 1.3.12 Reply
  8. Nice to see you rocking the snood! I’ve been knitting those nonstop lately and gave quite a few of those out this year as christmas presents!

Posted 1.3.12 Reply
  9. My grandmother used to make those all the time for me too! Great snood and also I have been on the hunt for pleather shorts forevah-evah!

Posted 1.3.12 Reply
  10. Terri wrote:

That blue is absolutely beautiful on you! Also, what are you wearing on your lips? I love the color.

Posted 1.3.12 Reply
  11. LOVE!!!! :) those LC shorts are fantastic on you! xx

Posted 1.3.12 Reply
  12. ppfgirl wrote:

Love the bright blue while everything else is neutral – also adore the leather shorts with tights…well done!

Posted 1.3.12 Reply
  13. Kayla wrote:

I love that! It looks so warm, not to mention the color is perfect on you!

Posted 1.3.12 Reply
  14. Those pleather shorts are super cute. I actually like the brown better than the black I’ve been seeing on everyone. Hope you had a great holiday <3

xo,
    Hannah

Posted 1.3.12 Reply

@keiralennox

• Some days I have my sh*t together; some days I have to get ready to go out to dinner on my office floor with a mirror propped against the wall.
  • Can’t make a downtown Bartow delivery without popping into @rafanatural’s beautiful shop to restock my coconut bar soap stash; ‘Relaxation’ for me, ‘Sandalwood’ for the husband. 🛁 #shopsmall #shoplocal #rafanatural
  • #mondaymotivation courtesy of this neighborhood truck on our morning walk. 😉
  • Doakie’s got those Friday feels. ☺️💕 #dogsofig #tgif #instagood
  • New motivational reads for my #werk stack, inspired by @larsbookclub. These are my favorite kinds of books to enjoy and then share with friends and my flower shop team. 💕 #bookstagram #larsbookclub #booksofig #goodreads #joyful
  • Busy days are our favorite days. 💕 Kicking our feet up after a long day and feeling so grateful for our special clients who trust us to help them ‘say it with flowers’ for all kinds of occasions. #shoplocal #shopsmall #floristlife