“instant style”

Express blazer (2006) | Tommy Hilfiger button-down (a pretty penny) | DKNY Jeans straight-legs | Style&Co leopard slingback (Macy’s, 2008) | restyled clutch | necklaces: Charlotte Russe and Stella & Dot | nails: Essie Mod Square

I copied this outfit hook-line-and-sinker straight from the pages of the January issue of InStyle. I love the “Instant Style” feature in every issue that makes putting together cute outfits as easy as following a recipe. They pick pieces that every woman has in her closet, and create outfit guides to show you how to remix them into several new head-to-toe looks.

I wore this to dinner with Anne of WobiSobi and our friend, Laura, who’s home from L.A. where she’s pursuing a career in filmmaking. The talent and drive of my girlfriends really blows my mind sometimes. I feel so fortunate to be surrounded by such dynamic women in my life, who lift each other up and stand behind one another through thick and thin. I know these kinds of relationships are rare in a world of shallow connections, girl-on-girl crime, and drama-fueled “friendships”, and I treasure every one of them.

I also treasure my make-believe friends that come in the form of fashion magazines and help me dress myself.

1. I REALLY REALLY like your big chain necklace ;)

Posted 1.10.12 Reply
  2. Cathy wrote:

You are just gorgeous! I can’t wait to get together soon! We still have a rain check for wine night right??? XXOO

Posted 1.5.12 Reply
  3. Anne wrote:

You Look Beautiful as always.. Love you bunches!!!

Posted 1.4.12 Reply
  4. Great outfit, great post!

Posted 1.4.12 Reply
  5. Gorgeous slingbacks! Love your blazer too.

xo,
    Hannah

Posted 1.4.12 Reply
  6. anastasiac wrote:

love this look!!! awesome…and your hair is looking very pretty!!

Posted 1.4.12 Reply
  7. Sydney wrote:

you look wonderful! I love the necklace combination over the collared shirt…may have to steal that

Posted 1.4.12 Reply
  8. Terri wrote:

I think I’ll be copying this outfit hook, line, and sinker from you! You look amazing!

Posted 1.4.12 Reply
  9. Jessica wrote:

This is such a cute outfit! Love the leopard peep toes and the blue clutch!

Posted 1.4.12 Reply
  10. margaret wrote:

cute outfit! I didn’t see it in instyle, but I have a very similar go to outfit. really all you need is a blazer and some boyfriend jeans.

Posted 1.4.12 Reply

@keiralennox

• Farm-fresh blooms in repurposed glass from @happysplacefarm. 💕 #farmersmarket #summerlovin
  • I bought a beautiful loaf of fresh sourdough 🍞 from @honeycombbread and there’s a solid chance I‘ll rip into it on the drive home. #farmersmarket #carbsarelife
  • @shannatrudell and I talk about going to the Saturday morning farmers market at least twice a month and never *actually* do it; until today! 🍑 #farmersmarket #summerlovin #fromwhereistand
  • We love a 5:30pm cocktail date so we can be home on the couch watching ‘Stranger Things’ by 7:00. 👵🏼👴🏻 #turnup #friyay #kindachill
  • Fiddle game strong at @nplus1coffee! Look how happy this lady is in her little spot of sunshine. ☺️☀️ #shoplocal #urbanjungle #crazyplantpeople #fiddleleaffig
  • Regram from @lasaterflowers :: The prettiest pile of ‘Quicksand’ roses from a wedding a few weeks ago. They’re a favorite around here. 💕