son of a bleach!

01/05/2012 24 Comments

son of a bleach!

01/05/2012 24 Comments

windy city trench coat c/o ruche | blank ankle cords and GLAM dress worn as top (m.marie) | candies boots (2008) | ruffled scarf scooped up at beall’s outlet for less than $10 last year

Today I made a very important business decision: I should remove all responsibilities involving chemical cleaning agents from my job description. {You hear that, Mr. Lennox?} This afternoon while scrubbing out buckets to prep for a huge shipment of flowers, my brand new colorful cords had an unfortunate run-in with a rogue splash of bleach water. As my friend, Iris, would say, “it is so sad.” I pouted and whined for at least 30 minutes. And then pouted again when we took these photos. And just thinking about it now as I type this post makes me want to pout some more.

So, um, what’s a girl to do? Try dying the entire pair in a closely matching fabric dye? Get a little rock ‘n roll and spray them down with bleach water to make it look intentional? Get all Julia Roberts and fill in the spot with a red Sharpie? Stop being so OCD and just pretend the glaring spot doesn’t exist?

Help a sister out!

• […] Rockin’ cute aprons to avoid another bleach disaster. If you have to wear an apron to work every day, it better be a cute one. This little ruffly tiered […]

• Jess 01/14/2012 at 2:42 pm

How fun is that scarf?! Love it.

• Franny 01/11/2012 at 9:17 pm

What did you decide to do? My favorite pair of black skinny jeans from BR are fading and I’m really considering dying them….

• Iris 01/11/2012 at 10:59 am

How sad, Keira. How sad. I would use a fabric marker of some sort. Maybe? Gripes. What a bummer! It might be fun to just dye them all a fun color. I am in love with your scarf, too.

• Audrey 01/07/2012 at 1:36 pm

Love your trench! You look adorable!

• Keely 01/07/2012 at 4:11 am

I love this! I just adore your style. It’s so laid back and effortless.

• Sunday Crossbow 01/06/2012 at 5:35 pm

bleach or not, I love this look. :)

• Nicole Neesby 01/06/2012 at 5:14 pm

boo. but seriously woman. you are a doll. i love your hair and your scarf.

mwauh.

• Christine 01/06/2012 at 4:57 pm

I am so sad!!! poor pants! I think they are crying!

• Megan 01/06/2012 at 2:32 pm

Oh, oh, oh…I FEEL your pain! had the SAME thing happen with the most perfect fitting light gray trousers that had a perfectly coordinating gray sweater that I was never able to get to work with any other pants again…I stared (and kept in my closet) the trousers forever…it was heartbreaking…I have no advice, just compassion :(

• Beth 01/06/2012 at 11:11 am

Feeling your pain, I think you deserve to pout, in an art session I unfortunately got emulsion splashed on my jeans, needless to say it never came out. I reckon dye them, probably your best bet.
    xox

• chill air & perfume (@chill_air) 01/06/2012 at 10:32 am

What a shame! They’re still incredibly adorable, though. I think some dye will fix them right up!

xo,
    Hannah

• Rebecca in NC 01/06/2012 at 9:51 am

I vote for Rock ‘n’ Roll.

• nora 01/06/2012 at 7:01 am

Fabric marker in the same colour if you can find it would be the first thing to try, and if that doesn’t work you can dye them (and since the fabric pen would make the spot darker then the dye would likely come out more even)… third effort would be to tie-dye bleach them a-la J Crew

and if that’s a wash just bleach the whole thing.

orrrr

just cut them above the stain and call them shorts.

good luck!

• Ellen Kaminagakura 01/06/2012 at 6:45 am

too bad, but that happens to everyone ! Now it’s your call to go crazy or try to fix this one!

Now it’s a good time for a DIY, perhaps ?!

Good Luck!

• Emily Keen 01/05/2012 at 10:48 pm

Oh no that sucks!!! I have done that with some of my favorite clothes too:( I say try to over dye them!!

• Kayla 01/05/2012 at 10:00 pm

I say dye them. I’ve had great success dying stuff lately! Idye at joann fabrics has great colors too!

• CessOviedo 01/05/2012 at 9:27 pm

Oh no! I had happened to me, is very sad! But think you can find something and dye them!

Cess O. <3 The Outfit Diaries

• Kerigan 01/05/2012 at 8:11 pm

i didnt even notice in the first pictures but you could bleach the rest of them… i think it would make a fabulous color (:

• Valerie 01/05/2012 at 7:37 pm

You could always try to find a fabric marker in the same shade as your pants, that way you only have to cover the one spot instead of dying the pants…

• skippysays 01/05/2012 at 7:13 pm

Aw, that really sucks! I’m so sorry!! Especially because those pants are so stinking cute :( I’ve definitely done that more times than I can count though…

• amyelizabethmoore 01/05/2012 at 7:11 pm

Go sharpie, the same thing happened to me with a very similarly colored pair of jeans, I’m sure the result will be even better because your cords are textured. If it’s any consolation, I didn’t even notice it in the first few pictures! :)

• Jessica 01/05/2012 at 7:09 pm

dye them….but yeah…oh so irritating…im irritated for you!

• wellcrafted 01/05/2012 at 7:13 pm

Hey, guess what? I also work in a flower shop and the first time I wore my brand-new cardigan (Christmas present) to work we were still using evergreen and I got sap on my sweater. Feeling your pain! I think dye could fix you right up, though. Can’t get worse, right?