oh, hi!

03/05/2012 14 Comments

American Eagle sweater | LC Lauren Conrad cut-off shorts | Jessica Simpson scarf | Vera Bradley Take Me With You Tote (a pretty penny, available online!) | Bamba coral penny loafers c/o Wanted

Whew, I really dropped the updating-the-blog ball last week!

I was a little distracted. We had our biggest wedding of the season last Saturday for a very special couple, Vera and Mikal. It was the first big wedding I’ve taken the reigns on, start-to-finish. I wanted everything to be perfect. We spent three days designing the flowers for the ceremony and reception; an elegant mix of white orchids, calla lilies, hydrangeas, and white roses. I spent Saturday decorating the church and the reception hall, and I loved every single minute of it. There are very few situations when my control-freak perfectionism comes in handy (just ask my husband), but it turns out it’s great for designing weddings.

I wanted Vera to walk into her venue and just be wowed. I spoke to her mom this morning, and she said everything was beautiful, and the reception arrangements “took Vera’s breath away.” I’m not going to lie, I got a little choked up. What an honor to be such an integral part of someone’s big day!

Of course, I didn’t take any pictures. I was so consumed in the process, I didn’t have time to document. {Bad blogger.}

No big weddings on the docket this week, so hopefully we’ll be back in business on the blog. I have lots of great new things to add to the boutique, too, so stay tuned!

• Anonymous 05/02/2012 at 7:57 am

love the loafers

• sahar almedfa 03/07/2012 at 6:03 am

Thats a SUPER cute bag :D adorable.

• Sara 03/06/2012 at 11:24 pm

Is that an infinity scarf? I think I’m on the hunt for one but never find myself buying one when I see it. I’m all for neutral outfits with a pop of color as well!

• Girl and Closet 03/06/2012 at 3:38 pm

What an adorable outfit, love the shorts, and those shoes are absolutely a beautiful pop of colour too!! Yay, so thrilled to hear the wedding was a hit – I had pretty much the exact same flowers at my wedding. So pretty! xo veronika

• Bre Clifford 03/06/2012 at 12:33 am

Calla lilies are my fav! It all sounds beautiful, but very tiring. I don’t blame you for not taking photos, sometimes life happens.
    This look is super cute and casual.

• chill air & perfume (@chill_air) 03/05/2012 at 8:38 pm

You are the master of the cute & casual outfit. Love the cut-off denim :)

xo,
    Hannah

• Amy 03/05/2012 at 8:30 pm

cute bag

• Terri 03/05/2012 at 4:37 pm

I love your little loafers!

• Julia 03/05/2012 at 3:51 pm

I love your loafers so much, every post that you wear them makes me want them more. However, in my cold climate (I live in Newfoundland, Canada), it’s a little premature to be making purchases like this. Maybe, just maybe, I’ll have to get them now anyways!!

• Frannie Pantz 03/05/2012 at 3:09 pm

Oh this gives me so much hope for my wedding in September! We don’t have a florist yet (gasp!!!) but we are getting married in a garden. I am hoping everything goes off smoothly without a hitch! Glad to see you back and I love this casual outfit!

• keiralennox 03/09/2012 at 3:45 pm

You have plenty of time to find a florist and pick your flowers! I love the idea of getting married in a garden!

• Aracely Campbell 03/05/2012 at 2:35 pm

Love the look!

• Ashley 03/05/2012 at 2:03 pm

Such a great, casual look. I love it!