new things to love…

03/13/2012 11 Comments

new things to love…

03/13/2012 11 Comments

ruffle blouse (a pretty penny) | Angel ankle skinnies c/o DL 1961 | Simply Vera Vera Wang belt | Gianni Bini handbag | nails: Essie Topless and Barefoot | Macy's bangles

A few of my favorite {new} things:

Smash: I spent the better part of Saturday afternoon catching up on all the back episodes of NBC’s new musical series on demand. I’ve never been much of a musical girl, but this show is amazing. I’m hardcore hooked.

GCB: Another new addition to my DVR. Like a southern-fried Desperate Housewives meets Mean Girls. Kristen Chenoweth is hilarious, and delivers belly-laugh-one-liners like, “I have been saved. I have a wonderful, spiritual husband who likes ’em where he can see ’em,” {defending her cleavage-bearing dress} and later, “Cleavage helps your cross hang straight.”

LORAC Co-Stars: Hautelook recently had a deep discount sale on LORAC. I had credits, so I indulged in a few products, including this one (for just $5, only 25% of the retail price!). I usually avoid long-wear lip color products because I find them incredibly drying, but this double-ended wonder is both comfortable and pretty. I’m wearing Steamy Kiss, but I’d like to pick up a couple more to keep in my makeup bag!

Sculpey: Okay, Sculpey isn’t new; I’m pretty sure I was making zoo animals out of it as a kiddo. But Jen recently posted a DIY tutorial for a Sculpey Bead Necklace, and my love of the make-it-and-bake-it clay is back and hot and heavy. I have to pick up satin ribbon at JoAnn Fabrics this afternoon for a bridal bouquet, and I may have to stock up my Sculpey supply to whip up some spring statement necklaces!

Any new favorite things you care to share?

• moresequinsplease 03/29/2012 at 8:33 pm

Love this!!!! you have great style. very chic and feminine! : )))

• chicindie 03/20/2012 at 2:39 pm

Simply Vera by Vera Wang had recently become an absolute obsession for me.. I <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 this belt with the outfit! Also, the bag is killer! Do they have other colours too?

Sephie <3

• Shea Sayers (@shealennon) 03/14/2012 at 9:26 pm

I’ve GOT to start watching those shows, I keep hearing about both of them. The only thing I watch right now is Criminal Minds, so I think I’m due to add to my DVR queue! I love the pretty print of that blouse, and the ruffle details!

• chill air & perfume (@chill_air) 03/14/2012 at 8:48 pm

Love that blouse, and your hair looks super cute!

xo,
    Hannah

• steffy 03/14/2012 at 10:47 am

That bag is soooo lovely!

• Katie 03/14/2012 at 10:13 am

you are SO cute! that top is beautiful and I love your purse too!

• Anne 03/14/2012 at 7:36 am

Love the lip color! I’ve been loving Smash too – but GCB seemed a little crazy for me. Might have to give it a try though, if only for Kristen Chenoweth. Also, my new favorite to share: mint green nails (from Essie)…

• Bre Clifford 03/13/2012 at 6:55 pm

I am loving Smash and GCB! They are great, right?!
    I also adore your blouse. It’s too cute and looks fab with your bag!

• Sydney 03/13/2012 at 6:36 pm

love the outfit, the lip colour is the perfect touch, you definitely made the right choice!

• CessOviedo 03/13/2012 at 5:01 pm

Your blouse is super cute! Ruffles and flowers together look adorable, great bag too!

Cess O. <3 The Outfit Diaries

• Terri 03/13/2012 at 4:45 pm

I love this outfit on you, and I also love Smash! Even though I think Ivy’s a way better Marilyn, she’s way unhinged.