orange you glad?

This week is Spring Break ’round these parts, which makes for a pretty quiet flower shop. Apparently, kids on vacation from school aren’t begging their parents to take them to the local florist; unlike the pet store which was bursting at the seams with families when I stopped in to pick up dog food yesterday afternoon. Maybe we should sell flowers and puppies. {Can you even imagine!?}

Although we’re slower than usual this week, we’re managing to keep busy. This morning I worked on a small wedding order for a bride named Julie, whose wedding color was — you guessed it — orange. It’s  the new black, I’m told.

{the beginnings of bridesmaids' bouquets}

IMG_1409 IMG_1414

{the bride's bouquet}

IMG_1441 IMG_1445

{sniff, sniff.}

Hope your day was bright!

1. Hello there! This is my first comment here so I just wanted to give a quick shout out and say I truly enjoy reading through
    your blog posts. Can you recommend any other blogs/websites/forums that
    go over the same subjects? Thanks!

Posted 9.9.14 Reply
  2. I really like your blog.. very nice colors & theme.
    Did you design this website yourself or did you
    hire someone to do it for you? Plz reply as I’m looking to design my own blog and would like to find out where u got this from.
    kudos

Posted 8.17.14 Reply
  3. A fascinating discussion is worth comment. There’s no doubt
    that that you need to publish more about this issue, it might not be a taboo matter but usually people do not speak about these topics.
    To the next! Best wishes!!

Posted 8.7.14 Reply
  4. chicindie wrote:

Incredibly beautiful! Where can I find more of these beautiful flowers so I can order for my home???? I never have been a fan or orange but you make this sooooo appealing!!! Quite a talent! Thanks for the share!

Sephie <3

Posted 3.20.12 Reply
  5. Delaney wrote:

I love these bouquets!!! Prior to this post I decided my wedding colors must be orange and red…as long as my unknown(hehe), future husband doesn’t object, and these are just so lovely!! You might be my go-to-gal in the future:]
    Delaney
    xx

Posted 3.19.12 Reply
  6. Valerie wrote:

Flowers and puppies…probably a good way to apologize. Ha ha

Posted 3.15.12 Reply
  7. Katie wrote:

so pretty!! I want those in my house! and you look cute as always!

Posted 3.15.12 Reply
    • I’m a little biased, but I think fresh flowers in a home are such a lovely way to add good mojo to a space! :)

Posted 3.15.12 Reply
  8. Corinna wrote:

Beautiful!

Posted 3.15.12 Reply
  9. Anne wrote:

So pretty! I love the monochrome look for a bouquet. And the color of your pants…

Posted 3.15.12 Reply
  10. Sara wrote:

Orange pants. Orange flowers. Orange on orange on orange on orange <3

Posted 3.14.12 Reply
  11. Rebecca wrote:

Love the Leonidas roses!

Posted 3.14.12 Reply
  12. Amy wrote:

beautiful flowers

Posted 3.14.12 Reply
  13. Denise wrote:

SOO pretty! I had orange in my wedding bouquet and LOVED it!

Posted 3.14.12 Reply
  14. Maria Rojas wrote:

Loooove those bouquets! Orange is such a beautiful color

Posted 3.14.12 Reply
  15. tygriss wrote:

Orange, or “Tangerine Tango” is Pantone’s Color of the Year! http://www.pantone.com/pages/pantone/category.aspx?ca=88

The bouquet is *gorgeous* !! Lucky Bride!!

Posted 3.14.12 Reply
  16. Elizabeth wrote:

These are just stunning! Amazing work!

Would you be willing to do any flower arranging DIY posts?

Posted 3.14.12 Reply

@keiralennox

• Can’t make a downtown Bartow delivery without popping into @rafanatural’s beautiful shop to restock my coconut bar soap stash; ‘Relaxation’ for me, ‘Sandalwood’ for the husband. 🛁 #shopsmall #shoplocal #rafanatural
  • #mondaymotivation courtesy of this neighborhood truck on our morning walk. 😉
  • Doakie’s got those Friday feels. ☺️💕 #dogsofig #tgif #instagood
  • New motivational reads for my #werk stack, inspired by @larsbookclub. These are my favorite kinds of books to enjoy and then share with friends and my flower shop team. 💕 #bookstagram #larsbookclub #booksofig #goodreads #joyful
  • Busy days are our favorite days. 💕 Kicking our feet up after a long day and feeling so grateful for our special clients who trust us to help them ‘say it with flowers’ for all kinds of occasions. #shoplocal #shopsmall #floristlife
  • Kindness, always. 💕