canine therapy

03/27/2012 22 Comments

plaid button-down (thrifted, $2) | Angel ankle skinnies c/o DL1961 | Bamba coral penny loafers c/o Wanted | yellow scarf picked up at an outlet store for $4 | Big Buddha clutch (Hautelook)

IMG_2276 IMG_2282

{I live for puppy yawns.}

Whoever said diamonds are a girl’s best friend had it all wrong. Her dog totally is.

Chad snapped these shots of Doak and me last night when I got home from work. I was in a foul mood all day. Cantankerous. A grumpalous, as my dad would say. I don’t know who put a bee in my bonnet (in fact, I only had to work a half day) but let’s just blame it on A Case of the Mondays. Blech.

When you walk in the door from one of those awful days, the I’ve-never-been-more-excited-to-see-you greeting from your four-legged friend is the best mood lifter, right?You’d never tell from these pictures that just hours earlier I was a crotchety nightmare. I love him so.

“He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.”

• See Ya In Mid-May! – Keira Lennox 04/27/2016 at 8:13 pm

[…] and social media, managing the flower inventory, drinking my weight in iced tea, and begging Doak to do the […]

• […] Doak on more […]

• junecoloratura 04/14/2012 at 11:26 pm

What a sweet pup! Now, I must ask – what are your thoughts on sunglasses? Are these not-to-be-messed-with real deals, or can you live with Walmart frames? :)

• Jennifer Rhodes 03/31/2012 at 7:06 am

You have such great taste in style. I’ve never been thrift shopping before but if it’s as good as you say I might have to give it a try one of these days.

• Christine 03/30/2012 at 11:16 am

I completely agree. Dogs are 7 million times better than diamonds! Great outfit too!
    work-it-blog.blogspot.com

• CiCi 03/30/2012 at 12:33 am

Absolutely, 100% agree. My dog can change my cantankerous mood to extra elated!

• Amy 03/28/2012 at 2:43 pm

Such a cute post. My dog is my best friend too.

• Emily (NY, NY) 03/28/2012 at 1:31 pm

I loveeee your outfit and what a cute four-legged friend! Seriously…looking at those pictures you can’t tell you had a bad day! Very sweet.

• ehb9217 03/28/2012 at 11:22 am

Completely agree! Love the name Doak–I have a little Frenchie named Tally (probably for similar reasons as Doak) that makes everyday better!

• Liz 03/28/2012 at 9:38 am

You have the most BEAUTIFUL smile! What kind of dog is Doak?

• Sydney 03/27/2012 at 10:52 pm

dogs ARE a girls best friend! You’ve got it for sure!

• Linley 03/27/2012 at 10:47 pm

Love this post! It always makes me smile to see pups make blog posts! And I love your perfectly causal ensemble!

• shannon 03/27/2012 at 9:54 pm

You look so adorable. Your puppy is so cute too!

• Shea Sayers (@shealennon) 03/27/2012 at 9:54 pm

I couldn’t agree more. My day instantly gets better when I’m greeted at the door by my tail-wagging, always happy to see me dog Ellie. Nothing beats the love of a dog! And Doak seems like such a sweetie.

• Bri Marie 03/27/2012 at 8:34 pm

Teach me how to wear dark lipstick! It looks amazing and perfect for such a sunshiney day!

workclothesisuppose.blogspot.com

• Brynn 03/27/2012 at 8:34 pm

Doak is so cute! I love the therapy dogs give us. I have had my dog for a year, and I’ve never been happier!

Your shoes are super cute – love the look.

• chill air & perfume (@chill_air) 03/27/2012 at 7:48 pm

I’m a cat person, but I understand your sentiment :) You look adorable. I love the button-down.

xo,
    Hannh

• Joelle 03/27/2012 at 7:22 pm

Lovely. Can I asked what lipstick you are wearing? It’s such a nice colour.

• Cecilia Oviedo 03/27/2012 at 6:53 pm

Awww how adorable! These pictures are lovely!

Cess O. <3 The Outfit Diaries

• Cristen 03/27/2012 at 6:08 pm

What a cutie! (both of you :)) What kind of dog is he? Looks like there’s some poodle in there but maybe some golden too?

• The Little Bit 03/27/2012 at 6:06 pm

Cantankerous. :) I’m glad Doak is giving you those warm fuzzies. Lately, my dogs are making me NEED therapy.

• Liesl 03/27/2012 at 5:43 pm

You are adorable, and your shoes are too cute and perfect for spring! :) Always nice to have a pet for a friend…you are right, they are always there to greet you and love you! <3