head in the sand

04/04/2012 17 Comments

head in the sand

04/04/2012 17 Comments

Elle jeans (Kohl's clearance, $20) | Tommy Hilfiger denim jacket | Oscar de la Renta scarf (Beall's Outlet) | Steve Madden sandals | Dooney & Bourke Dillen II large pocket satchel

Let me start by telling you that the last time I went on a proper weekend getaway was exactly this time last year when my friend, Lauren, tied the knot in a gorgeous destination wedding in Charleston, SC. I know what you’re thinking. “Get outta town!”  Seriously, for the love… Get. Outta. Town.

I’m happy to report that I’m doing just that. This weekend, I’m heading to a beach resort with some of my favorite girls in the world for a few days of sun, sand and relaxation. With a heavy dose of SPF for this fair-skinned maiden.

The only problem is, my mind is already in beach mode and I can’t concentrate on important stuff like, er, work.

• Emily (NY, NY) 04/10/2012 at 10:43 am

Ugh, I love everything about this outfit! Seriously.. love!! My favorite is probably the bag, love the color + size!

• joyfitnessandstyle 04/09/2012 at 12:54 pm

i want your bag and scarf! cute outfit!!

• Bente 04/09/2012 at 6:09 am

Cute bag!!:)

• Hannah (@chill_air) 04/06/2012 at 4:21 pm

Those colored jeans are oh so cute! Hope you have a blast this weekend :)

xo,
    Hannah

• Shea Sayers (@shealennon) 04/06/2012 at 8:19 am

Well, now the only think I can concentrate on is getting a pair of coral jeans or pants. I think I NEED them now. Anyway, you look great and I hope you enjoy your vacation. You work hard–you deserve it!

• rhiannon 04/05/2012 at 9:15 pm

you are so so adorable! i love this look.

• LifeWorthLiving 04/05/2012 at 3:39 am

Very cute. The shoes are my favorite. Enjoy your time away and hope you have a great time.

• CiCi 04/05/2012 at 12:26 am

Darned expensive taste…I L.O.V.E your bag!!!

• The Little Bit 04/04/2012 at 8:57 pm

Have a wonderful time! I’m so jealous. I haven’t been to the beach in FOREVER! I am going to visit my parents’ from tomorrow until Sunday, but as much as I love them, nothing is as relaxing as laying on the beach with my hands in the sand and my feet in the water! SPF it up!! I went out with SPF 30 AFTER 4:30 this afternoon for about 45 minutes and got burned! Whhaaaa?

Oh, and I LOVE those jeans. They’re my favorite spring color!

• shannon 04/04/2012 at 3:46 pm

I love your handbag! What a gorgeous shade. And I love your coral pants as well. What a lovely spring look.

• Your Fashion Accessory 04/04/2012 at 3:24 pm

Im a FAN of your blog and your accessories are beyond!! Have a blast at the beach!! XO

• Anne 04/04/2012 at 1:51 pm

Beach mode is the best (if not the most productive)! So is the color pairing of the jeans & bag…

• steffy 04/04/2012 at 1:22 pm

I love that scarf! It immediately caught my eye.

Have a wonderful weekend.

• lory 04/04/2012 at 11:31 am

you always seem to find the best clearance deals at khol’s! how often do you stop in to check the clearance racks?

• keiralennox 04/04/2012 at 11:39 am

Not as often as you may think! But I tend to binge when I do go, because I wait until I get a coupon in the mail and then I stock up. I hate credit cards, but we do have a Kohl’s charge because they have the best perks. I pay it off every time I use it, and they send us lots of coupons and Kohl’s cash.

• lory 04/04/2012 at 6:05 pm

haha, gotcha. i’ve never been a big kohl’s shopper – mostly because there isn’t convenient to my house. but after seeing all your finds i thought i might have to start making trips more often! ;)

• Amy 04/04/2012 at 11:18 am