snaps from the weekend: st. pete girls’ getaway

04/09/2012 12 Comments

snaps from the weekend: st. pete girls’ getaway

04/09/2012 12 Comments

IMG_1193 IMG_1205 IMG_1203IMG_1261 IMG_1217 IMG_1214 IMG_1210 IMG_1215 IMG_1257
IMG_1223 IMG_1220 IMG_1237
IMG_1238 IMG_1255 IMG_1254 PCI IMG_1267 The finale.

Friday morning, I packed up the car and drove west to St. Pete beach to meet up with six friends for a girls’ getaway weekend at the Tradewinds Sandpiper. It was a glorious three days, and the break was exactly what I needed to recharge my batteries. Here’s a few Cliffs Notes from the weekend:

Record-breaking luggage volume between 7 girls for 2 nights. Heaven help if any of us ever add children to the mix.

Pina coladas, skinny Patron margaritas, bahama mamas, vodka-spiked Arnold Palmers, top shelf champagne, moscow mulespop rock martinis, and a Corona or two.

A sunset dinner on the deck at Crabby Bills.

A hostile takeover of the Instagram feed.

A birthday arm party for Perry.

The best — and biggest — breakfast from The Frog Pond.

More SPF than you can even imagine, and not a single sunburn.

A wild afternoon at the PCI bar. Stand-out random quote from Drunk Guy #6 as he passed our table: “I like your hat. And your starfish earrings.”

Uh-mazing pulled pork and blue cheese balsamic potato chips at Beachwood BBQ and Burgers.

A little quiet alone time on the beach with the second book of the Hunger Games after all the girls hit the road Sunday morning.

My body is back at work today, but my brain is still in beach mode. Why does it seem like you always need just one more day after a vacation? I’m feeling extra blessed today to have such an amazing group of girlfriends that are so darn fun to hang with. Can’t wait for the next getaway!

• 1 Carat Diamond Stud Earrings 04/17/2012 at 3:28 am

Are those cannabis leaf shaped earrings? Classic!

• keiralennox 04/17/2012 at 6:25 pm

Haha, no! They’re little starfish! :)

• mandy nicolee 04/15/2012 at 2:54 pm

I live near st. pete and has never had an awesome adventure like this! :) The photos are awesome and looked like you had a blast!!! Just lovely.

• urbanyoung 04/11/2012 at 6:51 am

Hello! I’m actually from South Africa and am a first-time blogger who absolutely loves everything small, fashionable and colorful> I’m absolutley crazy about the pictures you took from your fun weekend with the girls. Hope to see many more fun pictures.

• LifeWorthLiving 04/11/2012 at 2:51 am

It’s great that you had such a fun time! I can’t wait until I can get away from work and just relax out in the sun.

• Meghan@themeghamix 04/10/2012 at 11:44 am

Sounds delightful!!!

• Amy 04/10/2012 at 10:32 am

looks like you had a great time

• Anne 04/10/2012 at 7:13 am

Looks like such a great and relaxing – and colorful! – weekend. But a girl could always use one more day; I returned from a Florida beach too and am not quite as excited about catching up on real life as I was about catching up on reading on the beach…

• urbanyoung 04/10/2012 at 6:32 am

Reblogged this on urbanafrique and commented:
    totally loving the whole color form…sweet

• Aimee 04/09/2012 at 8:41 pm

And also fun that you have girlfriends that you can EAT with! lol Nothing better than beach grubs.

• m.marie-boutique (@lovemmarie) 04/09/2012 at 2:04 pm

love it :) so fun xx

• shannon 04/09/2012 at 1:49 pm

What an amazingly fun weekend!!! Great pictures.