the crash and burn.

Lauren Conrad dress (Kohl's clearance last year) | Derek Heart short sleeve sweatshirt | thrifted denim jacket | Sam Edelman sandals (Hautelook) | Kmart sunnies | Betsey Johnson watch

You know how sometimes, despite your best efforts to cultivate balance and harmony and structure and rainbows in your day-to-day, life hits you with an unexpected fast-pitch series of hard balls and you hit the wall? Well, I smacked into it late last week — violently and face-first — and I’m still recovering. Here’s the breakdown of my near mental breakdown: two proms, one wedding, lots of funeral work, regular daily business, tax preparation, several new consignors, and one designer on vacation visiting her daughter in Hawaii. It got a little hairy. And when things get hairy, the blog goes dark for a few days {or a week… but who’s counting, right?}.

By Saturday, I was so physically and mentally wiped, I crawled into bed at 5:30pm and slept through the night. It was glorious. Sunday we celebrated Perry’s birthday with day of boating, our friend Lisa’s skinny margaritas, BBQ, and birthday cake with a couple dozen pals. A laid-back day in the sun with friends definitely aided in my rehabilitation.

Here’s to a week that lets us coast instead of careen through the next few days, mmm?

I accept the Privacy Policy

1. 4.22.12
    SoYeahSo said:

I almost bought that dress last summer because the print is so adorable, but the bust area just didn’t work for me. I’m not regretting that decision, seeing it styled with a top over it. It looks adorable.

• 4.23.12

It is a little small! I went up a size to accommodate, but I’m still not completely comfortable wearing it without something on top. Maybe that’s why it was only $7.99! ;-)

2. 4.19.12
    Zoey said:

I love that dress, so charming. And the sweatshirt makes it cozy.

–Zoey @ zoe has her moments

3. 4.18.12

Eeek! Sorry things have been so stressful, but you’re a rockstar and I know you’ll work through it. Rainbows or not! I LOVE that you paired the sweatshirt with this dress. Really, really cute!

4. 4.18.12
    Cindy said:

So glad to start my work day with my fav-o-rite niece! Welcome back :}

5. 4.18.12
    Anonymous said:

love the outfit. i love your sandals. so cute. :) lets follow each other. i’m following you.

xox,

6. 4.18.12
    Amy said:

you look great

7. 4.18.12
    Katie said:

I hope this week is a little more relaxing! I Love this outfit. I need to go get dressed and I want to copy you! : )

8. 4.18.12
    Corinne said:

Don’t you hate it when life gets in the way of blogging?? haha ;) Glad you survived your awful week – I’m having one of them at the moment. So exhausting!

9. 4.18.12

Aw, sorry to hear – hope you’re on the mend and getting some well deserved downtime, what a hectic sounding schedule. Yikes! And this outfit is so lovely, in every way possible… super pretty & laid-back my favourite!! xo veronika

10. 4.17.12
    Sarah said:

Hope this week is better! Love your outfit!!

11. 4.17.12
    ktgovols1 said:

Love the outfit and the blog!

12. 4.17.12
    Linda said:

Aww. I hope you have a relaxing week! I bet there is no other florist as stylish and hardworking as you. xo

13. 4.17.12

Love the outfit!

14. 4.17.12
    briannacarson said:

That sucks, I was wondering where you went! Glad you landed ok and I love the new pics :)

15. 4.17.12
    rhiannon said:

gorgeous outfit! you look so so adorable!