the pretty {pleated} skirt effect

04/23/2012 17 Comments

the pretty {pleated} skirt effect

04/23/2012 17 Comments
Lauren Conrad pleated skirt (bought with Kohl's cash last season, FTW) | JCrew graphic tee (a pretty penny) | NY&Co belt | Gianni Bini sandals | Louis Vuitton cosmetic case used as a clutch (a pretty penny, available online)

Here’s the beautiful thing about a pretty pleated skirt: You can toss it on with just about anything — say, perhaps, a seafood graphic tee and casual sandals — and you’ll float around all day feeling lovely and light-as-a-breeze. I felt extra graceful and feminine today, even with a lobster on my chest.

If you don’t have one already, may I suggest adding this surprisingly versatile piece to your spring and summer shopping list? Maybe this sunny yellow one from Ruche,   or this mocha mini from Modcloth (both under $50!).

• […] As a gifted florist, boutique owner, and style blogger, Miss Pretty Penny is a pretty busy lady. If you’ve not stopped in to read of her adventures, you  really should. Her heartwarming humor and southern charm will make you feel like you just found your new best friend. I adore her thrifty style sense, and willingness to share her finds with us!  So, my dear, I gotcha back. Here is my interpretation of your excellent style suggestion.  Thank you for helping me find another way to wear this free-flowing frock! Check out her look here The pretty [pleated] skirt effect […]

• Aimee 04/25/2012 at 1:08 pm

Girl, I snagged that skirt in January for $15 Kohl’s bucks and skipped right out of the store! Love to see how you paired it with a T-Shirt! Very inspiring.

• Christine 04/24/2012 at 3:06 pm

This is a great idea! I love the pleated skirt with the screen print tee! Awesome!
    work-it-blog.blogspot.com

• gigifontenot 04/24/2012 at 11:50 am

Love, love the nude color of your skirt! I can understand why it would make you feel so very feminine. Beautiful!!!!

• Hilary 04/24/2012 at 11:48 am

Lovely! I need those shoes. Just FYI I linked to your blog in my post today (the D&B bag!) and used some pics with full credit to you ;) If you’d like them removed just let me know. THANKS!!

• pop champagne 04/24/2012 at 11:08 am

the skirt is really pretty! love it!

• Anne 04/24/2012 at 7:24 am

So. Great. I would never have thought to pair a t-shirt like this with a pleated skirt, but I just love the mix – casual but a little fancy, fun but ladylike. Good one!

• kcastronaro 04/24/2012 at 6:37 am

What an easy way to look and feel romantically feminine! Too bad the weather’s been too horrible in my part to even consider busting out spring fashion quite yet. Beautiful pics tho! x

• Corinne 04/24/2012 at 4:31 am

Gorgeous! Wish pleated skirts looked as good on me :)

• Cecilia Oviedo 04/24/2012 at 12:19 am

Such a gorgeous skirt! Really feminine and pretty!

Cess O. <3 The Outfit Diaries

• Bridget Fossedal 04/24/2012 at 12:04 am

i adore the pleated skirt! apparently i need to be shopping at kohl’s more!

• shannon 04/23/2012 at 11:55 pm

What a lovely skirt.

• ktgovols1 04/23/2012 at 11:18 pm

Totally love the skirt! Work it girl!!

• Anonymous 04/23/2012 at 11:08 pm

Love the skirt; & you also look gorgeous!

Xoxo

Adriana

• Bre Clifford 04/23/2012 at 10:36 pm

To be fair, who wouldn’t feel feminine with a lobster on their chest? Ha ha. This look is totally great!

• Cathy 04/23/2012 at 6:44 pm

Love this! You look footloose and fancy free! :)

• briannacarson 04/23/2012 at 6:22 pm

I love this, so pretty!!!