I spy, I buy: a short shorts story

04/30/2012 17 Comments

I spy, I buy: a short shorts story

04/30/2012 17 Comments

Printed chino shorts (Target) | Lauren Conrad top (Kohl's sale last year) | Nine West wedges | vintage eelskin clutch (thrifted) | Kmart sunnies

IMG_3354 IMG_3338

Do you ever check out a favorite blogger’s outfit and think to yourself, “I must. have. that.” Twenty times a day, you say? Yeah, me too. But sometimes a particularly tempting item is just impossible to pass up…

Last week while perusing The Book, I spotted a link to a new post on a local friend Aimee’s blog, The Chiffon Chronicles. I love Aimee’s style, and her anecdotes on balancing mommyhood, a career, and the hectic day-to-day usually crack me up and make me nod subconsciously while clucking, “Amen, sister,” at my Macbook screen.

I clicked over. She was wearing these adorable mustard printed shorts, and I thought to myself, “hmm, so cute… probably JCrew.” Then I scrolled to the bottom of the post and read that said shorts were from Target. Recently.

It all happened really fast — like a bargain high induced out-of-body experience — but the next thing I know I was at Target.com, adding a pair to my cart and checking out before my PayPal account even knew what hit it. Two minutes. Max. If that’s not impulse buying ya’ll, I don’t know what is.

Most of my impulse buys {especially those of the e-tail variety} and up disastrous, but this one had a happy ending. The shorts arrived late last week, and I was quite impressed with the quality and fit. Even The Mister commented on their quality and style. Way to go, Tar-jhay; you never let me down. And thanks for letting me steal your britches, A! ;-)

Check out how Aimee styled hers here!

• […] the rules and purchased two items during the challenge – a pair of coral wedges and a pair of mustard shorts I coveted on Keira of A Pretty Penny (see my first confession here). The shorts were on clearance for 75% off so they set me back $5 and […]

• Shivangi (: 05/03/2012 at 2:03 am

Lovely! :D

• americanmaitred 05/02/2012 at 1:47 pm

When I saw the short-pant combination, my first thought was,” How the h* is she going to make the shoes work here?” But you did it, girl. Nice work. Go, you!

• Christine 05/01/2012 at 2:15 pm

I love an LC shirt on clearance! These colors are fantastic together!
    work-it-blog.blogspot.com

• Amy 05/01/2012 at 11:12 am

your shorts are super cute

• Sara 05/01/2012 at 9:49 am

I love those shorts!

• Shelly Byce Interiors 05/01/2012 at 8:58 am

Very cute outfit! :)

• Aimee 05/01/2012 at 7:08 am

Ha! I love it!!! You look great! And guess what? You are too sweet! Fab. U. Lous. Sista!

• sahar almedfa 05/01/2012 at 4:52 am

Those shorts are really cute- as is the color! Never seen shorts that shade before!

• Corinne 05/01/2012 at 4:10 am

These shorts were definitely worth buying! Love the pattern. Haha I’m queen of the impulse purchase – I’ve really got to break the habit! Luckily most of my favourite stores don’t have online shopping…. :)

• Robin 05/01/2012 at 12:19 am

LOL I have totally done this! I am so glad that you did. I love these shorts! You might have inspired the same behavior from me. You already “made” me buy the Lauren Conrad leather shorts. Love this look!

• patriciastreeter 04/30/2012 at 10:49 pm

Love the look and thw quirky back story! I’m glad the impulse buy worked out!

• lemondropvintage (@ldropvintage) 04/30/2012 at 10:16 pm

those are precious, and now I am coveting and considering a pair.
    Marie @ Lemondrop ViNtAge

• franishh 04/30/2012 at 8:53 pm

Those are amazing! I don’t own anything yellow, but I may have to make an exception for these shorts.

Your hair is getting so long! Very pretty :)

• Kate 04/30/2012 at 8:02 pm

Those are too cute! They have caught my eye several times at Target! Sometimes impulse buys are the best!

• The Big Mac 04/30/2012 at 7:59 pm

Fabulous, great combination of colours too! x

• Bridget Fossedal 04/30/2012 at 7:43 pm

so adorable! love the patterned shorts. xo.