I spy, I buy: a short shorts story

Printed chino shorts (Target) | Lauren Conrad top (Kohl's sale last year) | Nine West wedges | vintage eelskin clutch (thrifted) | Kmart sunnies

IMG_3354 IMG_3338

Do you ever check out a favorite blogger’s outfit and think to yourself, “I must. have. that.” Twenty times a day, you say? Yeah, me too. But sometimes a particularly tempting item is just impossible to pass up…

Last week while perusing The Book, I spotted a link to a new post on a local friend Aimee’s blog, The Chiffon Chronicles. I love Aimee’s style, and her anecdotes on balancing mommyhood, a career, and the hectic day-to-day usually crack me up and make me nod subconsciously while clucking, “Amen, sister,” at my Macbook screen.

I clicked over. She was wearing these adorable mustard printed shorts, and I thought to myself, “hmm, so cute… probably JCrew.” Then I scrolled to the bottom of the post and read that said shorts were from Target. Recently.

It all happened really fast — like a bargain high induced out-of-body experience — but the next thing I know I was at Target.com, adding a pair to my cart and checking out before my PayPal account even knew what hit it. Two minutes. Max. If that’s not impulse buying ya’ll, I don’t know what is.

Most of my impulse buys {especially those of the e-tail variety} and up disastrous, but this one had a happy ending. The shorts arrived late last week, and I was quite impressed with the quality and fit. Even The Mister commented on their quality and style. Way to go, Tar-jhay; you never let me down. And thanks for letting me steal your britches, A! ;-)

Check out how Aimee styled hers here!

1. Lovely! :D

Posted 5.3.12 Reply
  2. When I saw the short-pant combination, my first thought was,” How the h* is she going to make the shoes work here?” But you did it, girl. Nice work. Go, you!

Posted 5.2.12 Reply
  3. Christine wrote:

I love an LC shirt on clearance! These colors are fantastic together!
    work-it-blog.blogspot.com

Posted 5.1.12 Reply
  4. Amy wrote:

your shorts are super cute

Posted 5.1.12 Reply
  5. Sara wrote:

I love those shorts!

Posted 5.1.12 Reply
  6. Very cute outfit! :)

Posted 5.1.12 Reply
  7. Aimee wrote:

Ha! I love it!!! You look great! And guess what? You are too sweet! Fab. U. Lous. Sista!

Posted 5.1.12 Reply
  8. Those shorts are really cute- as is the color! Never seen shorts that shade before!

Posted 5.1.12 Reply
  9. Corinne wrote:

These shorts were definitely worth buying! Love the pattern. Haha I’m queen of the impulse purchase – I’ve really got to break the habit! Luckily most of my favourite stores don’t have online shopping…. :)

Posted 5.1.12 Reply
  10. Robin wrote:

LOL I have totally done this! I am so glad that you did. I love these shorts! You might have inspired the same behavior from me. You already “made” me buy the Lauren Conrad leather shorts. Love this look!

Posted 5.1.12 Reply
  11. Love the look and thw quirky back story! I’m glad the impulse buy worked out!

Posted 4.30.12 Reply
  12. those are precious, and now I am coveting and considering a pair.
    Marie @ Lemondrop ViNtAge

Posted 4.30.12 Reply
  13. franishh wrote:

Those are amazing! I don’t own anything yellow, but I may have to make an exception for these shorts.

Your hair is getting so long! Very pretty :)

Posted 4.30.12 Reply
  14. Kate wrote:

Those are too cute! They have caught my eye several times at Target! Sometimes impulse buys are the best!

Posted 4.30.12 Reply
  15. Fabulous, great combination of colours too! x

Posted 4.30.12 Reply
  16. so adorable! love the patterned shorts. xo.

Posted 4.30.12 Reply

@keiralennox

• Hey, girl! 👋🏻 We have a handful of these hand-painted face vases available at @lasaterflowers that are perfect for fresh flowers, succulents, or even a catch-all bowl for keys and hair ties. (We all have one of those somewhere in our home; it may as well be cute. 😉) #floraldesign #shopsmall #summerblooms #flashesofdelight
  • I jumped on board with @kendieveryday’s #30x30remix! For the next month, I’ll mix-and-match 30 pieces from my wardrobe into 30 weekday outfits and share them in weekly roundups on the blog.

My first week of remixed outfits + my thoughts on the challenge are in today’s post at keiralennox.com. 👖
#capsulewardrobe #instastyle #ootd
  • Back to work after a relaxing weekend! But with *zero* tan to show for it; I’m never not fully-shaded and SPF’ed, wearing a giant sun hat and some kind of mumu situation on a beach.
☀️😂 👵🏼
  • Found our new favorite beach getaway spot this weekend! 🌴 #lovefl
  • If anyone needs me I’ll be at the...🍹
  • Just when I thought I couldn’t love @rafanatural coconut oil bar soap more, I started using them with these natural fiber ‘soap sacks’ and leveled up.
ICYMI, my latest blog post is a roundup of 10 random things I’m loving right now, inspired by all the great finds on @things.i.bought.and.liked. (And doing my best @mariahlleonard photography impression with this afternoon light.) ✨
Check it out at keiralennox.com.