wrapped up in stripes

IMG_4342 IMG_4393

{striped wrap dress: loveappella (Hautelook, $26); bag: Coach (a pretty penny); wedges: Nine West (Beall’s Outlet)}

It’s really heating up around here, which means dresses and more dresses. Layering is no longer an option (which breaks my little scarf-loving heart) so I’m relying on stand-out pieces like this striped wrap dress to keep things interesting without a lot of extra pieces of flair.

I got crazy this weekend and bought a tube of Revlon’s Orange Flip lipstick. I’ve seen several stylish ladies rocking bright orange pouts around the interwebs, and spotting an Instagram by Lulu’s Friday afternoon while waiting in line at the bank finally put me over the have-to-have-it edge. I’ve been wearing it non-stop. First bright red, then fuchsia, and now orange? Who am I?

1. rellimarie wrote:

you need to stop it with these awesome wedge sandals. i love them!

Posted 6.7.12 Reply
  2. 1discountdiva wrote:

Cute look

Posted 6.6.12 Reply
  3. Wrap dresses are so universally flattering, and this one looks so freakin’ good on you. Love the pretty stripes too!

xo,
    Hannah

Posted 6.6.12 Reply
  4. That dress is very flattering on you!!!

Posted 6.5.12 Reply
  5. Jane wrote:

Love your toe nail color! What kind is it?

Posted 6.5.12 Reply
    • It’s Essie’s Mesmerize! I think it’s my favorite blue for summer :)

Posted 6.5.12 Reply
  6. julie wrote:

The color looks great on you. Perfect for your skin tone! Love the dress too.

Posted 6.5.12 Reply
  7. Amy wrote:

your dress is adoarable

Posted 6.5.12 Reply
  8. Cathy wrote:

LOVE that dress! Such a score!
    XO

Posted 6.5.12 Reply
  9. Vanessa wrote:

Gorgeous colors! Loving the summery feeling of this outfit!

Posted 6.5.12 Reply
  10. I adore this… and couldn’t agree more as the weather gets hotter (gulp) I’ll have to leave my layering ways behind but I’ll absolutely be choosing fun prints & colours for my dresses! Hope your week is lovely, pretty lady!! xo

Posted 6.5.12 Reply
  11. The orange looks great on you! And I love that dress:)

12. Myah wrote:

I love the dress! It’s so fresh and springy (and your toe nail polish is so cute).

13. Franziska wrote:

Your shoes are great! I love a great wedge that goes with everything, especially ones that aren’t ridiculously high!

14. Marjorie wrote:

love the dress, looks girly and flirty! i dig the shades too.

15. nwbnstr wrote:

LOVE this look!

16. Kayla wrote:

LOVE the dress! And I think your lips look great. The orange color really compliments your skin! You look great!

17. shannon wrote:

Totally LOVE your dress and matching toe nails.

18. Katie wrote:

Looove this fun dress! The color of the stripes are perfect together!

The orange lip looks awesome on you! :)

19. maggie b. wrote:

That lipstick looks amazing on you. I love that pic of you with the sunglasses and the ‘secret’ smile – I think you should frame it and post it in your dressing room or near your closet. {I wish I had a dressing room!}

At any rate, I think you look very comfortable and chic.

20. You look so lovely!

I am going to have to try that lipstick. I’ve been loving the orange lipstick on so many people!

Posted 6.4.12 Reply
  21. Your hair is so long, Love it.
    Looks liek a new blog layout around here. :)

22. Corinne wrote:

What a gorgeous dress! I’ve been looking for some wrap dresses myself- they’re so flattering. And I love orange lips, great look! :)

Life Etc

@keiralennox

• Our blooming crepe myrtle + pink sunset skies. 💕
She was just a little baby tree when we planted her by our front window 13 summers ago, and now she’s as tall as the roof! #crepemyrtle #ihavethisthingwithpink #acolorstory #summernights
  • To file under Unexpected Wardrobe Staples: a snake print duster; I found this one at @topbuttons last month and put it in my #30x30remix as a wildcard. I wore it for the first time yesterday, and now I’m totally on-board the kimono/duster/light-and-easy-layering-layering-piece train! #ootd #instastyle #whatiwore #shoplocal
  • Hey, girl! 👋🏻 We have a handful of these hand-painted face vases available at @lasaterflowers that are perfect for fresh flowers, succulents, or even a catch-all bowl for keys and hair ties. (We all have one of those somewhere in our home; it may as well be cute. 😉) #floraldesign #shopsmall #summerblooms #flashesofdelight
  • I jumped on board with @kendieveryday’s #30x30remix! For the next month, I’ll mix-and-match 30 pieces from my wardrobe into 30 weekday outfits and share them in weekly roundups on the blog.

My first week of remixed outfits + my thoughts on the challenge are in today’s post at keiralennox.com. 👖
#capsulewardrobe #instastyle #ootd
  • Back to work after a relaxing weekend! But with *zero* tan to show for it; I’m never not fully-shaded and SPF’ed, wearing a giant sun hat and some kind of mumu situation on a beach.
☀️😂 👵🏼