wiped out

06/05/2012 10 Comments

wiped out

06/05/2012 10 Comments

I should start by telling you about my breakup. With my iPhone. We’ve had a good two years, but it was time to make some serious decisions about the future of our relationship. The time came to upgrade to a newer model, or make the switch to another carrier. I felt like it would be easier for iPhone if we just went our separate ways, instead of trading up for a newer better version. And — let’s be real — I wanted to spend less on my phone bill, because I can think of many other things to throw money at.

So I went back to my college sweetheart, T-Mobile, and switched to an HTC. It’s quite a change for this Apple lover, but we’re figuring things out. Pro: I can blog easily from it {totally doing it right now} so I can update on the go. Con: Instagram isn’t available on Windows phones. Pro: I probably needed an Instagram intervention, anyway.

We just made it home from a really long day. We set up flowers at the local high school graduation at the stadium (our last stop, whew) only to have Mother Nature make a mockery of us by sending a windy storm through that knocked our huge arrangement off the stage, face-planting into the turf below. We got the call just as we pulled in the driveway. We exchanged haggard glances and went back to the stadium, picked up the ravaged monster piece, hauled it to the shop and reconstructed it, and returned it to its place on stage, all in 40 minutes. Teamwork makes the dream work, ya’ll. Chad’s wild defensive driving helps, too.

Chad and I both graduated from that same high school (7 years apart) and many of the administration and staff are the same. Thank goodness, because they know us well enough to laugh through our malfunction.

It’s always cool to revisit and quickly catch up with your past, and see how things have changed. It’s one of the warm and fuzzy things that comes with planting your roots in small town.

Now I’m off to unwind from this day the best way I know how: a pint of Ben & Jerry’s (new banana peanut butter Greek fro-yo!) and the season 2 premier of Jane by Design.

• The Mimosa 06/17/2012 at 11:57 am

I’m using a HTC phone, and there is instagram! I can apply filters, take pictures, upload, share, view pictures of those i’m subscribed to… etc. Just search using the Google Play app (should come with your phone) if you haven’t already done so.

• Its Me 06/09/2012 at 8:06 pm

Yes. Once you go Mac you never go back. I am hooked! Have a Mac, iPad, and I am terrified to even test drive the iPhone in fears of getting hooked. Instagram is available. You can download apps to your phone from your computer. Maybe if you log in to your google account, go to the “play” button, and search for Instagram you’ll have better results.

Good luck!

• Valerie 06/07/2012 at 12:36 pm

I love Jane By Design! Not really into Greek Yogurt, but as frozen fro yo it might be okay. Peanut Butter banana sounds like a good flavor to try it out.

• keiralennox 06/07/2012 at 12:38 pm

I don’t love Greek yogurt, either, but it packs a lot of nutrition and protein! And banana and peanut butter may be one of my favorite combos of all time, so I was so stoked to find it! :-)

• Kelly Heater 06/06/2012 at 3:21 pm

A friend of mine has an HTC phone with T*Mobile and he has instagram…

• keiralennox 06/06/2012 at 3:36 pm

Really?! I found an app called Instacam, that uses Instagram’s API so I can check the feed but can’t post… I’m looking into this stat. Thanks, Kelly!

• Corinne 06/06/2012 at 3:24 am

I’ve only recently jumped on the iphone bandwagon after being a cynic for quite a while, but already I’m kinda thinking that I can’t live without it! Hope you don’t have withdrawals ;) Haha and that’s crazy that you’re now doing work for the school both of you went to! :)

Life Etc

• keiralennox 06/06/2012 at 10:55 am

You know what they say, Corinne, “once you go Mac, you don’t go back.” It’s going to be a difficult adjustment, for sure! ;)

• Jess 06/05/2012 at 9:54 pm

I always think I should ditch the iPhone and save money too. I could use an “un-plug intervention”. I’m currently watching Jane By Design.

• xiomara @ Parkesdale 06/05/2012 at 9:54 pm

Sounds like you had a rough day. Enjoy your fro-yo! It will all be better tomorrow. :) Love the new look of your blog, btw.