{help!} my vision depends on you.

06/06/2012 20 Comments

{help!} my vision depends on you.

06/06/2012 20 Comments

IMG_4603 IMG_4571
IMG_4455 IMG_4447
IMG_4509 IMG_4512

Fun fact: My vision stinks. I make up for it with uncanny hearing and a pretty good sniffer, but I digress. I’ve needed vision correction since high school, and  started wearing contacts before my wedding five years ago. It took me forever to get up the nerve to touch my eyeball, but once I got the hang of it, I never really went back to glasses. I’d like to give my eyes a break, and work some cute frames into my daily rotation.

I first heard about Warby Parker around the time I started the blog. I love everything about this progressive eyewear company; the vintage-meets-modern style, the affordability, and the “get a pair, give a pair” model {I have a lot of respect for influential brands that use their power to do good}. What’s even better: Warby Parker gives you a chance to try up to five pair of glasses for five days, no strings attached, so you can find the perfect fit for your style.

Maybe it’s because I have a secret wish to look as effortlessly cool as Naomi Davis, or I’m ready to let my inner geek flag fly… but I have a serious crush on the nerd glasses trend. I finally made it to the ophthalmologist last week to get an updated prescription and ordered a home try-on kit. These three — Ainsworth, Beckett, and Holt — are my favorites.

Since I can’t splurge on all three, I need your help to pick a pair! What’s a girl to do?

• Pam 06/12/2012 at 8:57 pm

I vote for Ainsworth ! I love all the pics !

• smcwrites 06/08/2012 at 5:58 pm

So cute :) I was vision impaired too, I went for Lasik surgery a few years ago though and I’ve been very happy with it but I definitely agree, you need to give your eye balls a rest from the contacts every so often and those frames are cute! I voted for the Ainsworth ones – if I still needed glasses I’d go for them too!

• Dyl 06/08/2012 at 1:21 pm

ainsworth all the way

• Gigi Fontenot 06/08/2012 at 11:54 am

Keira, this is awesome! Thank you so much for sharing… I really need new glasses and don’t have time to go shopping for them. I have already ordered my five to try at home! What an amazing company, and fabulous idea! Happy Friday!

• rain delay… | A Pretty Penny 06/07/2012 at 6:00 pm

[…] Wobisobi « {help!} my vision depends on you.  |   […]

• Moda Contagiante 06/07/2012 at 5:34 pm

Your blog is amazing! So inspiring.
    I hope you visit me and we can follow each other if you like. I’d be so glad.

• Lauren (BestTrendz) 06/07/2012 at 4:02 pm

Ainsworth frames looks best on you and I like the idea of trying five pairs and get your perfect style eyewear

• steffy.manny@gmail.com 06/07/2012 at 9:58 am

They are all adorable, you really can’t go wrong with any of them! Glasses truly suit your face.

• Looks & Books 06/07/2012 at 8:06 am

I love the Ainsworth frames on you! Also, Warby Parker is fantastic. I have the Finns, and their customer service can’t be beat. I love that glasses are finally considered “cool” but I wish people would stop calling them “nerd” glasses for all of us who’ve been wearing them our whole lives… :)

• keiralennox 06/07/2012 at 11:12 am

awwww… “nerd glasses” just refers to the style of the oversized plastic frames :)

• Anonymous 06/07/2012 at 7:18 am

Seeing Warby Parker frames kind of makes me want to wear glasses again… I got Lasik about 6 years ago (which has been AWESOME), but I always did love making a statement with glasses frames. Love the Ainsworth on you!

• Corinne 06/07/2012 at 3:42 am

These look great on you! I wear contacts too and haven’t really used my glasses for years either. I’m also really thinking about getting some of these nerd style glasses though to start wearing again! :)

Life Etc

• Share The Love A Pretty 06/07/2012 at 12:16 am

[…] My card features some new images at My Time Made Easy. Oh my goodness, I am in love with this set. {help!} my vision depends on you. | A Pretty Penny I love everything about this progressive eyewear company; the vintage-meets-modern style, the […]

• Elena Marie 06/06/2012 at 10:31 pm

I have the Willoughbys and the Pierces—-love them! I think they all look great on you—maybe love the Becketts the most. :)

• Terri 06/06/2012 at 9:34 pm

I’m actually not a fan of the nerd glasses trend for myself, but I’ve seen it look great on other people (such as you!). I’d pick either Ainsworth or Beckett.

• Jenn 06/06/2012 at 9:05 pm

I’m a very very happy owner of a pair of Warby Parkers! I believe the Ainsworth look marvelous on your very feminine features. Rock that geek chic look! :)

• Anonymous 06/06/2012 at 7:58 pm

I have never heard of this company! What a great idea! I might just order some new glasses. :)

• Cathy 06/06/2012 at 7:53 pm

Ainsworth by FAR the best on you!
    XO

• wellcrafted 06/06/2012 at 7:52 pm

Beckett! Though they’re so similar I doubt you’d have serious regrets about any of them.

• Mamablue 06/06/2012 at 7:40 pm

I LOVE me some nerd glasses! I’ve got an oversize pair myself and like the Ainsworth particularly on you. :o) Good luck!