tailor-made

Mitred pleat-front dress c/o eShakti | ikat scarf: Adrienne Vittadini (Beall’s Outlet) | sunnies: Tom Ford c/o RueLaLa | embroidered leather handbag: Gianni Bini (A CUTE ALTERNATIVE) | leopard sandals: Castlefranco (SIMILAR

IMG_0011 IMG_0028

Fit is always a challenge for me. I’m little, but curvy: 5’4″ with a 27″ waist and 37″ hips. This often leaves me perplexed and frustrated in the fitting room… I can wear anything from a 2 to a 6, depending on the garment and designer.  Petite sizes are the perfect length, but are often too narrow across my hips and derriere. Average sizes fit my curves but are too long. The ideal solution would be to bring everything I buy to a tailor and have it custom-fitted. Or take up sewing. But time and my bank account don’t allow for such extravagances, so I just make do.

eShakti contacted me a few months ago and offered to send me a piece of my choice from their dress collection, customized to fit my size and my style. I was intrigued; could this be an answer to my fit conundrum? I was surprised to find a really wide selection of apparel and super cute handbags. Each apparel item is available in ready-to-wear, but for a small fee of $7.50 any piece can be custom-fitted to order. You can specify your measurements, preferred hem length, and — on many pieces — color. {Psst, customization is free on your first order!}

It was nice to pick a dress I loved, skip the fitting room, plug in my measurements, and slip it on upon arrival and have it fit like a glove. A girl could get used to this made-to-order thing…

1. Anna Rocha wrote:

Hi :)
    I really like this look… simple and cute :)

Anna Rocha

Posted 8.11.12 Reply
  2. Dyl wrote:

I have heard of eShakti before with some complaints. I was wondering if you had any of the same. Did you have any customer service problems? How long did you have to wait to get your dress shipped to you? Since they offered the dress to you I don’t know if you would have had to do this, but do you know if you have to pay with a credit card or can you use a paypal account?

Posted 8.4.12 Reply
  3. I have the same problem with the sizing! Just like you I could wear a wide range of sizes depending on the cut of the dress. If it’s an A-Line or skater type dress I can go really small cause I’m so pear-shaped. It’s frustrating indeed… girls like us need tailors like back in the day.

Posted 8.2.12 Reply
  4. anastasiac wrote:

what a great idea and service!! that dress is perfect on you and very flattering – love the colour too!

Posted 7.31.12 Reply
  5. Katy wrote:

I’m a HUGE eshakti fan! The customization option is ideal, especially for the hard to fit ladies out there. I have three dresses from them and love to put on each and every one.

Posted 7.24.12 Reply
  6. Thats a gorgeous dress, and it fits you perfectly! I can never find anything that fits me correctly, Im very petite and I sometimes have to rumage through the kids section just to find sonmething that fits me!

Posted 7.20.12 Reply
  7. WOnderful dress! XX

Posted 7.20.12 Reply
  8. Anne wrote:

It’s so pretty on you! Gorgeous shape and color. How handy to have custom made.

Posted 7.19.12 Reply
  9. I adore eShatki and you’ve done such a beautiful job styling this dress!! Looking so gorgeous, Keira! xo

Posted 7.19.12 Reply
  10. Deirdre wrote:

Keira – I feel your dressing room pain. I am 5’2″, a 27 waist and 38 hip. I can wear anything from a 0 to an 8, an XS to a Medium. So frustrating. I have a love-hate relationship with shorts. I would love to wear them but I have never found a pair that look good on me or that ever fit properly. You always look awesome in shorts so you must have found a brand that works for you.

Posted 7.19.12 Reply
  11. I have the same problem! I have a big bust and hips but small waist and I’m only 5″! I often reeally struggle to find things that fit well and almost never find anything that I don’t have to turn up as well but I love this, looks such a lovely fit and so pretty!

Posted 7.19.12 Reply
  12. I too am in the skinny but hippy crowd, so I totally feel ya. I bet you have trouble with pants gapping in the back of your waist don’t you? I know I do! How lovely you got to have something made just for you :)

Sarah’s Real Life

Posted 7.19.12 Reply
    • YES! It’s maddening. I’ve started leaning towards high-waisted styles because I have better luck with them.

Posted 7.19.12 Reply
  13. Amy wrote:

such a cute dress

Posted 7.19.12 Reply
  14. Katie wrote:

I have fallen in love with eShakti website. There goes today’s productivity!

Posted 7.19.12 Reply

@keiralennox

• Some days I have my sh*t together; some days I have to get ready to go out to dinner on my office floor with a mirror propped against the wall.
  • Can’t make a downtown Bartow delivery without popping into @rafanatural’s beautiful shop to restock my coconut bar soap stash; ‘Relaxation’ for me, ‘Sandalwood’ for the husband. 🛁 #shopsmall #shoplocal #rafanatural
  • #mondaymotivation courtesy of this neighborhood truck on our morning walk. 😉
  • Doakie’s got those Friday feels. ☺️💕 #dogsofig #tgif #instagood
  • New motivational reads for my #werk stack, inspired by @larsbookclub. These are my favorite kinds of books to enjoy and then share with friends and my flower shop team. 💕 #bookstagram #larsbookclub #booksofig #goodreads #joyful
  • Busy days are our favorite days. 💕 Kicking our feet up after a long day and feeling so grateful for our special clients who trust us to help them ‘say it with flowers’ for all kinds of occasions. #shoplocal #shopsmall #floristlife