take me back…

IMG_4231 IMG_4232

{ dress: The Webster for Target; striped floppy hat: D&Y; sandals: Sam Edelman via Hautelook; backpack: Vera Bradley (purchased in college) }

IMG_4269 IMG_4271

Last Saturday, C and I packed a little suitcase and snuck away after work for a mini-break at our favorite spot on the Gulf coast. It’s really kind of ridiculous that we live smack in the middle of two beautiful coastlines, and never make it to the beach…

We’ve got the whole “work hard” thing down, and now we just need to make more time for some play {all part of that elusive balance we’re always striving for}. So while we were there, we made a deal to squeeze in a road trip at least once every couple of months to soak up the sunshine and recharge our batteries. It’s easier to drag yourself away when you know you’ll be returning soon.

1. Tawny wrote:

Reblogged this on and commented:
    I always love your pictures and creativity. And, I love target (as long as everything I buy doesn’t shrink!!)

Posted 8.9.12 Reply
  2. LOVE that dress on you! The fit is so flattering and the color is gorgeous. I’m glad you got a chance to get away! Hopefully you can relax like that more often. :)

Posted 8.8.12 Reply
  3. Amy wrote:

cute outfit

Posted 8.8.12 Reply
  4. Jupe wrote:

Loving the warm, sherbety coral against the ocean! It’s the perfect relaxed but festive beach outfit. You look so happy and pretty :)

<3 Cambria
    jupefashion.blogspot.com

Posted 8.8.12 Reply
  5. arayofsun wrote:

i’m headed to the beach today actually! i wish i looked as effortlessly bright and chic as you!

Posted 8.8.12 Reply
  6. Corinne wrote:

Sounds (and looks) absolutely perfect. Hope it was super relaxing :)

Life etc

Posted 8.8.12 Reply
  7. pamehdez wrote:

i love the backpack…follow me!! xoxo.

Posted 8.8.12 Reply
  8. SWFTerra wrote:

Hi lovely! Yes, working hard is so important. But you must get away. Remember what life is about. It makes all of your hard work worthwhile. Next time I expect an invite. :)

Posted 8.7.12 Reply
  9. Sydney wrote:

GORGEOUS! What lucky ducks you two are! Fabulous dress/hat and shots!

Posted 8.7.12 Reply
  10. Anne wrote:

Ah, the best place to recharge (you look adorable doing it, too! Love the hat). And having the beach to look forward to again makes everything better.

Posted 8.7.12 Reply
  11. shannon wrote:

You look so pretty and happy! What beautiful pictures and I adore these colors on you.

Posted 8.7.12 Reply
  12. Valerie wrote:

I totally get the never going to the beach thing even though you live near some. I live 20 minutes from the beach and it seems the only time the hubby and I actually go is when his parents come down to snowbird.

Posted 8.7.12 Reply

@keiralennox

• Hey, girl! 👋🏻 We have a handful of these hand-painted face vases available at @lasaterflowers that are perfect for fresh flowers, succulents, or even a catch-all bowl for keys and hair ties. (We all have one of those somewhere in our home; it may as well be cute. 😉) #floraldesign #shopsmall #summerblooms #flashesofdelight
  • I jumped on board with @kendieveryday’s #30x30remix! For the next month, I’ll mix-and-match 30 pieces from my wardrobe into 30 weekday outfits and share them in weekly roundups on the blog.

My first week of remixed outfits + my thoughts on the challenge are in today’s post at keiralennox.com. 👖
#capsulewardrobe #instastyle #ootd
  • Back to work after a relaxing weekend! But with *zero* tan to show for it; I’m never not fully-shaded and SPF’ed, wearing a giant sun hat and some kind of mumu situation on a beach.
☀️😂 👵🏼
  • Found our new favorite beach getaway spot this weekend! 🌴 #lovefl
  • If anyone needs me I’ll be at the...🍹
  • Just when I thought I couldn’t love @rafanatural coconut oil bar soap more, I started using them with these natural fiber ‘soap sacks’ and leveled up.
ICYMI, my latest blog post is a roundup of 10 random things I’m loving right now, inspired by all the great finds on @things.i.bought.and.liked. (And doing my best @mariahlleonard photography impression with this afternoon light.) ✨
Check it out at keiralennox.com.