puppy fever

08/14/2012 15 Comments

puppy fever

08/14/2012 15 Comments

One of our employees adopted a puppy from the Humane Society late last week, and brought him by the shop to finish out the work day. His name is Otto, and he’s the sweetest little 14-week lab mix you ever did see. I proceeded to fill a memory card with snaps of him and the Doodle, and developed a mild case of puppy fever over the course of the afternoon. Those tiny paws get me every time.

Doak was on the fence about Otto. One one hand {paw?} he was awfully spunky and fun to play with, which beat an afternoon lying on the floor, waiting for a customer to come in and lavish attention on him. But on the other, that puppy stole some of his thunder, for which he was less than pleased. I guess he’s happy to be an only child.

Which is the only thing keeping me from driving down to the shelter and adopting a puppy, STAT. Well, that and the mister — voice of reason that he is — reminding me that our little family is perfect just the way it is.

• susiemaeday 08/22/2012 at 2:04 pm

Oh my goodness that puppy! Maybe you could adopt an adult sibling for your dog :) That way the attention would be more equally distributed and still a playmate/snuggle buddy. I am not the voice of reason–but I am all for shelter dogs finding homes!

• solitary style 08/16/2012 at 10:37 am

Super sweet :D My dog isn’t pleased with the company of puppies either, much to my dismay!

• Colleen 08/15/2012 at 7:08 pm

I love these pictures. Dogs are the best.

• nerdywordybirdy 08/15/2012 at 12:27 pm

So cute! Wanted to let you know I nominated you for three awards. :)

• monstercakes 08/15/2012 at 11:32 am

I melt. Though I must say, as a pit bull owner and lover myself, I’m pretty sure there’s a little or a lot of pit in that “mix”. Dog Shelters often say lab mix instead of pit mix because it’s easier to rehome that way. Either way, I’m in love with that pup and wish them the best of luck! And if it is a pit, they will be over the moon happy because they are the sweetest most loving dogs ever.

• keiralennox 08/15/2012 at 2:06 pm

Jess, we definitely think he has a little pit mixed in! He’s a stocky little guy, and he’s a heavy load!

• Jupe 08/15/2012 at 11:26 am

Oh my stars…how ADORABLE.

<3 Cambria
    jupefashion.blogspot.com

• Everest says 08/15/2012 at 11:19 am

i love your dog! He is the cutest thing ever!

• citychickcountrylife 08/15/2012 at 4:08 am

He looks so tiny! Too sweet :)

• Anne 08/14/2012 at 10:38 pm

Don’t do this to us… now I seriously want a puppy (though I already have a dog who needs to be left an only child for my sanity!). Soooo cute.

• Kellee 08/14/2012 at 7:19 pm

I’ve always wanted to get a little playmate for my cat, but I have a feeling she loves being the only child too much!! :) Both pups are so cute!!

• Sarah's Real Life 08/14/2012 at 7:14 pm

Haha every time I see a kitten I’m convinced that my cat wants a little sibling. And then I just think about double the litter box scent in my small apartment. I can wait :)

Sarah’s Real Life

• rhiannon 08/14/2012 at 6:11 pm
  • Corinne 08/14/2012 at 6:04 pm

Well that little face has got ME wanting to drive down to the nearest shelter and adopt one too!! So adorable :)

Life etc