just another day at the office.

Snaps from a busy Saturday. I always love the seasonal shift at the flower shop. Fall brings dark bold flowers, lots of texture {think pods, mushrooms, wheat and grasses, and dried oak leaves} and a kind of laid-back, cozy design style.

Last weekend we worked on a garden-style wedding for a sweet couple with a natural organic aesthetic (he owns a great health food store just a few blocks from our shop). I incorporated fresh herbs into the boutonnieres — lavender, rosemary and sage — and we designed her bouquets to look like the girls gathered up handfuls of fresh flowers for the ceremony.

BoutsIMG_4937IMG_4949BouquetsIMG_4945Untitled-1

We also worked on centerpieces for a surprise birthday party. The client wanted something casual and elegant, so we grouped garden-style flowers into mason jars and tied them up with lots of raffia.

Welcome, Fall! I’m so very happy you’re here.

1. Linda wrote:

I love your flower shop, and I love the rosemary and sage combined with the flowers. Will you move to Texas and do the flowers for my wedding? :)

Posted 9.16.12 Reply
    • Oh, wouldn’t that be lovely?! I’ll talk to C and see if I can move to TX for a spell ;-)

Posted 9.17.12 Reply
  2. Megan wrote:

you are so talented!!!!

Posted 9.13.12 Reply
    • Thank you very much! It’s taken lots and lots of practice, and I still have SO much to learn!

Posted 9.14.12 Reply
  3. Jupe wrote:

Breathtaking…don’t normally like purple flowers but these are so romantic and look amazing with the cream.

<3 Cambria
    jupefashion.blogspot.com

Posted 9.12.12 Reply
    • Thanks, Jupe! I love purples when there are lots of shades involved — lavender to plum in one arrangement :)

Posted 9.12.12 Reply
  4. Beleigh wrote:

How gorgeous! Love the purple.

Beleigh, Hearing Aids Colorado

Posted 9.12.12 Reply
  5. designer22 wrote:

awesome

Posted 9.12.12 Reply
  6. megbenj wrote:

beauteous! Wish you were up here in MA so I could have you do the flowers for my wedding this spring! Love your blog BTW – I enjoy reading it!

Posted 9.11.12 Reply
    • {le sigh…} If only I could be a traveling florist! :-) Thanks for the sweet words!

Posted 9.12.12 Reply
  7. wow! so cute :)
    love purple

Posted 9.11.12 Reply
  8. Jeannee wrote:

Um … what a day at the office! Now, I in no way can do the things u do! – that said – someone would have said to me incorporating fresh herbs into the bridal flowers and I would go – say what now?! oh, c’mon! really, really?! but THEN I saw what you did and – WOW! love this!!! terrific job!!!

Posted 9.11.12 Reply
    • Thank you, Jeannee! It’s always fun to do things a little unexpected ;-) It was perfect for this couple, because he’s all about organic living!

Posted 9.11.12 Reply
  9. arayofsun wrote:

beautiful arrangements, i love everything about fall. around here, you know it’s fall when all of the farm stands and grocery stores start selling mums regularly. can’t wait until this happens this year!!!

Posted 9.11.12 Reply
    • Ahh, mums! I love the huge football mums in fall colors.

Posted 9.11.12 Reply
  10. shannon wrote:
    Posted 9.11.12 Reply
  11. Valerie wrote:

Those arrangements are beautiful! Nice job!

Posted 9.11.12 Reply