Poetry in the Light

IMG_5652 IMG_5651

October is Breast Cancer Awareness Month!

I’ve shared my family’s experience with breast cancer, so I was honored when Echo Design asked me to style their beautiful Poetry in the Light scarf and share it with you all!

Echo designed the peony-print silk scarf in collaboration with The Breast Cancer Research Foundation, founded by Evelyn Lauder. {Fun fact: Evelyn Lauder is credited as one of the creators and popularizers of the pink ribbon as a symbol for breast cancer awareness!} The scarf’s peony design was inspired by one of Evelyn’s photographs, called “Poetry in the Light,” and was originally created as a gift for guests at the Foundation’s annual Hot Pink Party.

Now the timeless beauty is available to ladies everywhere! It retails for $85, and Echo will donate $10 from the sale of every Poetry in the Light scarf to The Breast Cancer Research Foundation. It’s available for purchase at www.echodesign.com, and at select retailers.

I love fashion for a cause!

About The Breast Cancer Research Foundation:

The Breast Cancer Research Foundation®, founded by Evelyn H. Lauder in 1993, is an independent not-for-profit organization committed to funding scientific research to achieve prevention and a cure for breast cancer in our lifetime. In October 2011, BCRF awarded $36.5 million to 187 scientists across the United States, Canada, Latin America, Europe, the Middle East, Australia, and China. With over 90 cents of every dollar donated currently being directed to breast cancer research and awareness programs, BCRF continues to remain one of the most fiscally responsible charities in the country. BCRF holds a 4-star rating from Charity Navigator, its tenth such designation since 2002. Additionally, BCRF is the only cancer organization designated as “A+” by CharityWatch. For more information about BCRF, visit www.bcrfcure.org.

1. Bank teller Sajma Furney is sincerely excited about christian louboutin cakes, snowboarding, belly dancing.

In addition she favors travelling and exploring new locations as an
    example, to Maite.

Posted 10.15.13 Reply
  2. So pretty!

Posted 11.4.12 Reply
  3. mallhaciel wrote:

Love the outfit! very pretty and refreshing

Posted 10.8.12 Reply
  4. You look very pretty! Great color combination!

Posted 10.7.12 Reply
  5. WhenJmetK wrote:

The scarf is beautiful, a great addition to any wardrobe and goes great with your outfit
    -K

Posted 10.6.12 Reply
  6. Jupe wrote:

Such a beautiful smile in that first picture! And I love the pink tones to this outfit, so sweet and pretty with your skin!

<3 Cambria
    jupefashion.blogspot.com

Posted 10.6.12 Reply
  7. annmariescloset.wordpress.com

Posted 10.5.12 Reply
  8. Love the cause and the scarf…. Big fan pleaseeeee see my blog <3 new at the fashion blogging :)

Posted 10.5.12 Reply
  9. jmcvl wrote:

That scarf is so beautiful. Looks like you could actually pair it with quite a few difference outfits too. Affordable and donations to a great cause. Whats not to love. Equally love your styling too- its so elegant and feminine. You are Such a pretty thing! X

Posted 10.5.12 Reply
  10. pretty scarf. i would have been stuck on how to style it, but you did a great job!

Posted 10.5.12 Reply
  11. arayofsun wrote:

You’re gorgeous! Such a cute and timeless outfit!

Posted 10.5.12 Reply
  12. fashionforlunch wrote:

Great cause! And a great scarf!

Posted 10.5.12 Reply

@keiralennox

• The only thing that would’ve made this @bonappetitmag ‘white pesto pasta’ better is if @lallimusic was in my kitchen when I made it. (I re-watched her video as I prepped, which was the next best thing.) Guys, I cannot overstate the seriousness of my obsession with the @bonappetitmag YouTube channel. Most of my bookmarks on my phone are videos of recipes I want to try, and I’m slowly making my way through ‘em; kind of like ‘Julie & Julia’ but with fewer live lobsters and a little less butter.
#pastagram #bonappetit #carbcoma
  • Spotted this pretty blooming bush on our evening walk through the neighborhood.
Doak got a little *too* close to the smell the flowers. 🤣
  • In today’s edition of #sundaybaking, I took on @bonappetitmag’s ‘best chocolate chip cookies’. I watched the video first — if you’re not following the @bonappetitmag YouTube channel, get on it! — then used the recipe from BA’s website to guide me through it.
Crispy edges + a chewy center + brown butter + giant chunks of 70% dark chocolate = a pretty perfect cookie. 🍪
@moroccochris - I salute you.
#chocolatechipcookies #bonappetit
  • Clearance vase jackpot at @pier1 this weekend. There are so many great colors and textures in all shapes and sizes from $10-30 with an extra 25% off. ⁣
This was the ultimate test of self-control for me...⁣
I bought 5.
  • Saturday errand style f/ two #styleonabudget favorites from last summer that are still going strong: this gingham ruffle cami I found on a clearance rack at @target + a rattan circle bag I bought for around $25 on @amazon.
I’m killing the cost-per-wear game with these two. 😏 #whatiwore #ootd #summerstyle #stylefiles
  • 🍑