Poetry in the Light

10/05/2012 12 Comments

Poetry in the Light

10/05/2012 12 Comments

IMG_5652 IMG_5651

October is Breast Cancer Awareness Month!

I’ve shared my family’s experience with breast cancer, so I was honored when Echo Design asked me to style their beautiful Poetry in the Light scarf and share it with you all!

Echo designed the peony-print silk scarf in collaboration with The Breast Cancer Research Foundation, founded by Evelyn Lauder. {Fun fact: Evelyn Lauder is credited as one of the creators and popularizers of the pink ribbon as a symbol for breast cancer awareness!} The scarf’s peony design was inspired by one of Evelyn’s photographs, called “Poetry in the Light,” and was originally created as a gift for guests at the Foundation’s annual Hot Pink Party.

Now the timeless beauty is available to ladies everywhere! It retails for $85, and Echo will donate $10 from the sale of every Poetry in the Light scarf to The Breast Cancer Research Foundation. It’s available for purchase at www.echodesign.com, and at select retailers.

I love fashion for a cause!

About The Breast Cancer Research Foundation:

The Breast Cancer Research Foundation®, founded by Evelyn H. Lauder in 1993, is an independent not-for-profit organization committed to funding scientific research to achieve prevention and a cure for breast cancer in our lifetime. In October 2011, BCRF awarded $36.5 million to 187 scientists across the United States, Canada, Latin America, Europe, the Middle East, Australia, and China. With over 90 cents of every dollar donated currently being directed to breast cancer research and awareness programs, BCRF continues to remain one of the most fiscally responsible charities in the country. BCRF holds a 4-star rating from Charity Navigator, its tenth such designation since 2002. Additionally, BCRF is the only cancer organization designated as “A+” by CharityWatch. For more information about BCRF, visit www.bcrfcure.org.

• christian louboutin classic shoes 10/15/2013 at 4:31 am

Bank teller Sajma Furney is sincerely excited about christian louboutin cakes, snowboarding, belly dancing.

In addition she favors travelling and exploring new locations as an
    example, to Maite.

• randomartist 11/04/2012 at 7:18 am

So pretty!

• mallhaciel 10/08/2012 at 8:11 am

Love the outfit! very pretty and refreshing

• myfashiondreamland 10/07/2012 at 12:47 pm

You look very pretty! Great color combination!

• WhenJmetK 10/06/2012 at 8:32 pm

The scarf is beautiful, a great addition to any wardrobe and goes great with your outfit
    -K

• Jupe 10/06/2012 at 4:07 am

Such a beautiful smile in that first picture! And I love the pink tones to this outfit, so sweet and pretty with your skin!

<3 Cambria
    jupefashion.blogspot.com

• annmariescloset 10/05/2012 at 7:38 pm

annmariescloset.wordpress.com

• annmariescloset 10/05/2012 at 7:37 pm

Love the cause and the scarf…. Big fan pleaseeeee see my blog <3 new at the fashion blogging :)

• jmcvl 10/05/2012 at 12:23 pm

That scarf is so beautiful. Looks like you could actually pair it with quite a few difference outfits too. Affordable and donations to a great cause. Whats not to love. Equally love your styling too- its so elegant and feminine. You are Such a pretty thing! X

• best.day.ever. (@mebenfield) 10/05/2012 at 11:43 am

pretty scarf. i would have been stuck on how to style it, but you did a great job!

• arayofsun 10/05/2012 at 11:37 am

You’re gorgeous! Such a cute and timeless outfit!

• fashionforlunch 10/05/2012 at 11:18 am

Great cause! And a great scarf!