the working girl’s survival kit

survivial

We’re on week two of husband-and-wife-dynamic-duo at the flower shop, and while things are still going better than I ever expected, I’m definitely feeling the wear and tear today. I made a little pit stop at the drugstore on the way home for “essentials”: wine, my favorite dark chocolate,  epsom salt for a long muscle-relaxing soak in the tub, “stress relief” lotion because I’m a sucker for anything lavender-scented, and some light reading material for cuddling up on the couch in my PJs with my two favorite boys.

When I dragged my sorry behind through the front door around 7:00pm, I was greeted by a tidied house, a burning candle, and my sweet, sweet husband unloading the dishwasher and cleaning up the kitchen. When he started pulling things out of the fridge to make dinner, I thought I’d died and gone to heaven. That guy. {thank you, lovey}.

As exhausting as the past couple of weeks have been, they’ve also been pretty amazing. Like all the hard work and blood, sweat, and tears we’ve poured into our business are really starting to mean something. And I’m feeling pretty blessed and grateful.

1. Megan wrote:

I just bought the red and white of the Cupcake wines…can’t WAIT to try them….glad to see you gave them a good review!

Posted 10.16.12 Reply
  2. Oh my goodness, we are kindred spirits! Every single thing, down to the brand, kind, and type of magazine, are exactly what I love to have on a stressful day. No kidding. It’s like someone reached into my brain and took a picture. Anyhow, your husband is so sweet! Sounds like a keeper for sure. :)

Do you like white wine? Cupcake’s moscato d’asti and angel food cake (only sold at Cost Plus World Market during the holidays) are also yummy.

Posted 10.16.12 Reply
  3. hmmm love wine and chocolate!! xoxo

Posted 10.15.12 Reply
  4. Is Aveeno good?

Posted 10.15.12 Reply
    • It’s pretty good. It’s not my favorite… I’ve tried many of their products because they’re aimed at sensitive skin, but I don’t find them any more moisturizing or anti-irritating as other drugstore products. My favorite sensitive-skin-friendly body lotions are from Burt’s Bees, Ahava, and Yes to Carrots.

Posted 10.15.12 Reply
  5. Jupe wrote:

Haha…this looks like my survival kit :) I love a good magazine or book and some chocolate! My fav is Cadbury Dairy Milk.

<3 Cambria
    jupefashion.blogspot.com

Posted 10.14.12 Reply
    • Yum! I’ll have to look for this on my next trip for “supplies” ;-)

Posted 10.15.12 Reply
  6. Jessica wrote:

I purchased something from your online shop on October 3rd. I have tried to e-mail you and haven’t heard back. Please let me know if you have shipped the jeans and when I can expect to receive them.

Posted 10.14.12 Reply
    • Hi Jessica! I just emailed you. So sorry for the delay!

Posted 10.15.12 Reply
  7. Ana wrote:

I loooove dark chocolate. But I never tried it with salt. I cannot imagine the taste it might have, is it good?

Posted 10.11.12 Reply
    • It is SO good! I wasn’t sure about it the first time I tried it, but now I’m completely addicted.

Posted 10.11.12 Reply
      • Ana wrote:

I definitely must try it!

Posted 10.11.12 Reply
  8. LUDPE wrote:

what is the benefit of epsom salt ? how do you use this?

Posted 10.11.12 Reply
    • I dissolve a couple of cups in a hot bath, and it helps ease tired muscles and aches!

Posted 10.11.12 Reply
  9. jmcvl wrote:

What a perfect little package to end the day on. Looks like you have bagged a ‘good egg’ there!! Dinner and a tidy house?! You lucky thing. I think i might have to try out these epsom salts too. Are hey worth a go? Or shall I stick to doubling up on the chocolate?

Posted 10.11.12 Reply
    • Definitely worth a go!! I keep epsom salts stocked in our house at all times. I swear it’s a miracle-worker on tired achey muscles!

Posted 10.11.12 Reply
      • jmcvl wrote:

Sold! its on my weekend shopping list

Posted 10.11.12 Reply
  10. fashionforlunch wrote:

That’s so true!!! How funny!

Posted 10.11.12 Reply
  11. Cupcake is just about my favorite “relaxing” wine. Glad you got some time to slow down.

Posted 10.10.12 Reply
  12. Melissa wrote:

That’s very sweet-very fortunate to have such a thoughtful hubby.

Posted 10.10.12 Reply
  13. Kellee wrote:

How was the wine? I’ve seen that brand around, and have been curious to try it, I don’t just want to buy it for the label hahaha!

Win $50 to Modcloth at P+L!

Posted 10.10.12 Reply
    • Confession: the first time I bought Cupcake wine a year or so ago, it was 100% for the name and label. But it’s one of my favorite inexpensive wines now! I would definitely give it a try :)

Posted 10.11.12 Reply