the working girl’s survival kit

10/10/2012 26 Comments

the working girl’s survival kit

10/10/2012 26 Comments

survivial

We’re on week two of husband-and-wife-dynamic-duo at the flower shop, and while things are still going better than I ever expected, I’m definitely feeling the wear and tear today. I made a little pit stop at the drugstore on the way home for “essentials”: wine, my favorite dark chocolate,  epsom salt for a long muscle-relaxing soak in the tub, “stress relief” lotion because I’m a sucker for anything lavender-scented, and some light reading material for cuddling up on the couch in my PJs with my two favorite boys.

When I dragged my sorry behind through the front door around 7:00pm, I was greeted by a tidied house, a burning candle, and my sweet, sweet husband unloading the dishwasher and cleaning up the kitchen. When he started pulling things out of the fridge to make dinner, I thought I’d died and gone to heaven. That guy. {thank you, lovey}.

As exhausting as the past couple of weeks have been, they’ve also been pretty amazing. Like all the hard work and blood, sweat, and tears we’ve poured into our business are really starting to mean something. And I’m feeling pretty blessed and grateful.

• […] the working girl's survival kit. […]

• Megan 10/16/2012 at 9:53 pm

I just bought the red and white of the Cupcake wines…can’t WAIT to try them….glad to see you gave them a good review!

• violetcorniun 10/16/2012 at 2:08 pm

Oh my goodness, we are kindred spirits! Every single thing, down to the brand, kind, and type of magazine, are exactly what I love to have on a stressful day. No kidding. It’s like someone reached into my brain and took a picture. Anyhow, your husband is so sweet! Sounds like a keeper for sure. :)

Do you like white wine? Cupcake’s moscato d’asti and angel food cake (only sold at Cost Plus World Market during the holidays) are also yummy.

• ingridbistaco 10/15/2012 at 4:28 pm

hmmm love wine and chocolate!! xoxo

• hochzeitkleider 10/15/2012 at 4:26 am

Is Aveeno good?

• keiralennox 10/15/2012 at 2:58 pm

It’s pretty good. It’s not my favorite… I’ve tried many of their products because they’re aimed at sensitive skin, but I don’t find them any more moisturizing or anti-irritating as other drugstore products. My favorite sensitive-skin-friendly body lotions are from Burt’s Bees, Ahava, and Yes to Carrots.

• Jupe 10/14/2012 at 3:43 pm

Haha…this looks like my survival kit :) I love a good magazine or book and some chocolate! My fav is Cadbury Dairy Milk.

<3 Cambria
    jupefashion.blogspot.com

• keiralennox 10/15/2012 at 2:58 pm

Yum! I’ll have to look for this on my next trip for “supplies” ;-)

• Jessica 10/14/2012 at 3:03 pm

I purchased something from your online shop on October 3rd. I have tried to e-mail you and haven’t heard back. Please let me know if you have shipped the jeans and when I can expect to receive them.

• keiralennox 10/15/2012 at 2:59 pm

Hi Jessica! I just emailed you. So sorry for the delay!

• Ana 10/11/2012 at 9:35 am

I loooove dark chocolate. But I never tried it with salt. I cannot imagine the taste it might have, is it good?

• keiralennox 10/11/2012 at 12:31 pm

It is SO good! I wasn’t sure about it the first time I tried it, but now I’m completely addicted.

• Ana 10/11/2012 at 12:35 pm

I definitely must try it!

• LUDPE 10/11/2012 at 8:33 am

what is the benefit of epsom salt ? how do you use this?

• keiralennox 10/11/2012 at 12:32 pm

I dissolve a couple of cups in a hot bath, and it helps ease tired muscles and aches!

• jmcvl 10/11/2012 at 4:23 am

What a perfect little package to end the day on. Looks like you have bagged a ‘good egg’ there!! Dinner and a tidy house?! You lucky thing. I think i might have to try out these epsom salts too. Are hey worth a go? Or shall I stick to doubling up on the chocolate?

• keiralennox 10/11/2012 at 12:33 pm

Definitely worth a go!! I keep epsom salts stocked in our house at all times. I swear it’s a miracle-worker on tired achey muscles!

• jmcvl 10/11/2012 at 3:48 pm

Sold! its on my weekend shopping list

• fashionforlunch 10/11/2012 at 2:47 am

That’s so true!!! How funny!

• Sara Struckman 10/10/2012 at 11:47 pm

Cupcake is just about my favorite “relaxing” wine. Glad you got some time to slow down.

• Melissa 10/10/2012 at 10:22 pm

That’s very sweet-very fortunate to have such a thoughtful hubby.

• Kellee 10/10/2012 at 8:34 pm

How was the wine? I’ve seen that brand around, and have been curious to try it, I don’t just want to buy it for the label hahaha!

Win $50 to Modcloth at P+L!

• keiralennox 10/11/2012 at 12:34 pm

Confession: the first time I bought Cupcake wine a year or so ago, it was 100% for the name and label. But it’s one of my favorite inexpensive wines now! I would definitely give it a try :)