geometric

10/23/2012 14 Comments

geometric

10/23/2012 14 Comments
{ Merona sweater (Target sale, $14.99); Ann Taylor skirt; Seychelles leather loafers (Hautelook); Lydell NYC earrings }

Wow, what a great response to last night’s post about my budget experiment! It seems a lot of us are struggling with the same compulsions to shop-til-we-drop, and I can’t tell you how much I appreciate your words of support and encouragement. It’s always a little intimidating to open up with such personal issues in this space, but I told myself that if it resonated with just one of you and sparked a “hey, I’m dealing with that, too!,” it would be completely worth it. So I’m really glad to read your comments and see that many of you related to my situation.

I’m looking forward to sharing this little journey with all of you over the next several months, and if anyone would like to join in the challenge and needs some support along the way, I’m happy to lend an ear. It’s always easier to take on a diet with a buddy, and spending diets are no different.

In other news, after [not so] patiently waiting for what seems like an eternity, we’ve finally gotten a tiny taste of fall crispness in the air down here! It’s not exactly boots and scarves weather, but I can get away with a sweater without suffering heat stroke. I’ll take what I can get!

• Joanne Mason (@joannealma) 10/25/2012 at 12:16 am

such a great skirt, love the way you styled it. Can’t go wrong with print mixing:)

• Christine 10/24/2012 at 11:57 am

Perfect pattern mix! http://work-it-blog.blogspot.com

• Elizabeth Heden Hillman 10/24/2012 at 11:31 am

Send some crisp air my way, still so hot here in Ormond Beach….

• arayofsun 10/24/2012 at 8:30 am

Mixing prints is so scary to me but you make it look effortless!
    xoxo
    Megan

• keiralennox 10/24/2012 at 10:15 am

I must confess, it took me a loooong time to get comfortable with the idea of print-mixing. I grew up with the mantra, “Stripes and plaid are really bad!” (I feel like this is a quote from a movie, but I can’t remember which one…)

I recommend starting with simple stripes — you’ll be surprised at how many ways you can work a striped top with patterned bottoms!

• Kiki 10/24/2012 at 12:00 am

Gorgeous combination!

• bunnymysweet 10/23/2012 at 9:09 pm

Love that skirt!
    (\ /)
    ( . .)
    c(”)(”)

• Jennifer 10/23/2012 at 8:25 pm

I love your skirt! It’s such a fun pattern. I love scarf and boot weather :) It’s almost to that point where I live, but then the weather will do a 180 and it will be 70 or 80 degrees!

• keiralennox 10/24/2012 at 10:16 am

Ugh, right there with you, Jennifer! Today it’s in the 70’s and really overcast, but I’m sure by the weekend we’ll sail back into the 90’s. We definitely have to check the weather every morning before getting dressed around here!

• biscuitsandnavy 10/23/2012 at 6:05 pm

I absolutely love your outfit! The sweater and skirt are perfect together! Love each piece, xo

• jwilson917 10/23/2012 at 5:54 pm

That skirt is wonderful!

• amy 10/23/2012 at 4:47 pm

adorable skirt

• Dip It Black 10/23/2012 at 4:27 pm

Love the geometrical trend!
    And your skirt is beautiful!
    Great outfit :)