geometric

{ Merona sweater (Target sale, $14.99); Ann Taylor skirt; Seychelles leather loafers (Hautelook); Lydell NYC earrings }

Wow, what a great response to last night’s post about my budget experiment! It seems a lot of us are struggling with the same compulsions to shop-til-we-drop, and I can’t tell you how much I appreciate your words of support and encouragement. It’s always a little intimidating to open up with such personal issues in this space, but I told myself that if it resonated with just one of you and sparked a “hey, I’m dealing with that, too!,” it would be completely worth it. So I’m really glad to read your comments and see that many of you related to my situation.

I’m looking forward to sharing this little journey with all of you over the next several months, and if anyone would like to join in the challenge and needs some support along the way, I’m happy to lend an ear. It’s always easier to take on a diet with a buddy, and spending diets are no different.

In other news, after [not so] patiently waiting for what seems like an eternity, we’ve finally gotten a tiny taste of fall crispness in the air down here! It’s not exactly boots and scarves weather, but I can get away with a sweater without suffering heat stroke. I’ll take what I can get!

1. such a great skirt, love the way you styled it. Can’t go wrong with print mixing:)

Posted 10.25.12 Reply
  2. Christine wrote:

Perfect pattern mix! http://work-it-blog.blogspot.com

Posted 10.24.12 Reply
  3. Send some crisp air my way, still so hot here in Ormond Beach….

Posted 10.24.12 Reply
  4. arayofsun wrote:

Mixing prints is so scary to me but you make it look effortless!
    xoxo
    Megan

Posted 10.24.12 Reply
    • I must confess, it took me a loooong time to get comfortable with the idea of print-mixing. I grew up with the mantra, “Stripes and plaid are really bad!” (I feel like this is a quote from a movie, but I can’t remember which one…)

I recommend starting with simple stripes — you’ll be surprised at how many ways you can work a striped top with patterned bottoms!

Posted 10.24.12 Reply
  5. Kiki wrote:

Gorgeous combination!

Posted 10.24.12 Reply
  6. bunnymysweet wrote:

Love that skirt!
    (\ /)
    ( . .)
    c(”)(”)

Posted 10.23.12 Reply
  7. Jennifer wrote:

I love your skirt! It’s such a fun pattern. I love scarf and boot weather :) It’s almost to that point where I live, but then the weather will do a 180 and it will be 70 or 80 degrees!

Posted 10.23.12 Reply
    • Ugh, right there with you, Jennifer! Today it’s in the 70’s and really overcast, but I’m sure by the weekend we’ll sail back into the 90’s. We definitely have to check the weather every morning before getting dressed around here!

Posted 10.24.12 Reply
  8. I absolutely love your outfit! The sweater and skirt are perfect together! Love each piece, xo

Posted 10.23.12 Reply
  9. jwilson917 wrote:

That skirt is wonderful!

Posted 10.23.12 Reply
  10. amy wrote:

adorable skirt

Posted 10.23.12 Reply
  11. Love the geometrical trend!
    And your skirt is beautiful!
    Great outfit :)

X

Posted 10.23.12 Reply

@keiralennox

• Some days I have my sh*t together; some days I have to get ready to go out to dinner on my office floor with a mirror propped against the wall.
  • Can’t make a downtown Bartow delivery without popping into @rafanatural’s beautiful shop to restock my coconut bar soap stash; ‘Relaxation’ for me, ‘Sandalwood’ for the husband. 🛁 #shopsmall #shoplocal #rafanatural
  • #mondaymotivation courtesy of this neighborhood truck on our morning walk. 😉
  • Doakie’s got those Friday feels. ☺️💕 #dogsofig #tgif #instagood
  • New motivational reads for my #werk stack, inspired by @larsbookclub. These are my favorite kinds of books to enjoy and then share with friends and my flower shop team. 💕 #bookstagram #larsbookclub #booksofig #goodreads #joyful
  • Busy days are our favorite days. 💕 Kicking our feet up after a long day and feeling so grateful for our special clients who trust us to help them ‘say it with flowers’ for all kinds of occasions. #shoplocal #shopsmall #floristlife