weekend wear

10/29/2012 13 Comments

weekend wear

10/29/2012 13 Comments
{ Mossimo sweater (Target clearance, $11); Gap “Always Skinny” jeans; Amrita Singh handbag (Hautelook, $29); Goorin Bros fedora (m.marie); Candies leopard slippers (Kohl’s clearance, $9.99) }

We had an absolutely lovely weekend filled with cool weather, football, warm and hearty home cooked meals, and just the right amount of laziness. I only bothered getting dressed on Saturday — for work in the morning followed by a local college tailgate party later in the afternoon. There just so happened to be a Pioneer Days festival across the street from the stadium, and I spied a “Handmade Chocolate!” sign so we moseyed on over to check things out.

IMG_6179 IMG_6187

Did I ever tell you Chad grew up on a cattle farm in Canada? A man of many hats, that guy; and he knows his farming equipment. After a quick lesson on the anatomy of a tractor, all the attachment possibilities, and who makes the best ones, I tried to convince him to buy one for me. Because the possibilities for a suburban girl with a tractor are endless, amiright? Get a big basket for the front to carry all my necessities [read: gallons of iced tea, sunscreen, smutty fiction novels and fashion magazines] and then: Drive it to the community pool! Drive it around the neighborhood while Doak trots alongside! Drive it to work! Okay, now we’re stretching…

But I found one that was just my size! And then offered to drive it home (it’s just 15 miles or so with a long stretch of busy highway, but I had it covered, ya’ll.) The mister wasn’t buying what I was selling, so I went home tractorless; but we did pass a gentleman riding his through town on our way home.

On a serious note, my thoughts and prayers are with everyone in the northeast facing Sandy. I almost feel guilty enjoying all of this lovely weather when I know the nightmare many of you are facing today. We’ve experienced our fair share of scary hurricanes living in Florida, but looking at the radar of this storm is almost unbelievable. I hope you’re all prepared (as prepared as can be, anyway) and that you’ll weather the storm safely with your loved ones.

• thetealandheels 10/31/2012 at 6:59 pm

I love this outfit!!

• Anne 10/30/2012 at 1:09 pm

Too cute! Love the patterned sweater for a fall weekend, and what a fun setting for a photo shoot.

• arayofsun 10/30/2012 at 9:17 am

Love that bag! It’s such a unique color I’m not sure if I would normally be drawn to something like that or think of buying it. But it’s so cute!
    xoxo
    Megan

• keiralennox 10/30/2012 at 9:21 am

It looked a lot lighter online — kind of minty green — and the color was a little, er, unexpected when I took it out of the box. It’s called “sea green”. But I like it! In some lights in looks almost turquoise.

• sarahjamalwriter 10/29/2012 at 8:04 pm

Very cute

• Ashley D 10/29/2012 at 7:52 pm

So cute!! You always seem to find fun events to attend! And can you spill your HauteLook secrets?? You find great stuff for awesome prices.

• keiralennox 10/30/2012 at 9:26 am

Hautelook is the best and worst thing that ever happened to me ;-) It’s a members-only site that features different sales each day (kind of like online sample sales) with great brands at up to 80% off. When you sign up, they send you daily emails to let you know which sales are launching. I check out the emails every day, and when a brand event catches my eye I pounce! I’ve found so many great things, and I’ve never been disappointed with a purchase. You can click the link in the outfit details to sign up!

• lemondropvintage 10/29/2012 at 7:19 pm

Love the pop of yellow and green,

Marie @ Lemondrop ViNtAge
    I am having a fabulous giveaway right here.

• Dip It Black 10/29/2012 at 4:23 pm

What a lovely outfit!
    That jumper is so cute and love your leopard loafers!

X

• peggy 10/29/2012 at 2:46 pm

love your target find! I got the heart and fox sweater on clearance. Would LOVE to find the owl!

• keiralennox 10/29/2012 at 4:59 pm

I’m on a major search for cute animal sweaters this season! They were all out of foxes, hearts, and owls when I was there, but I’m not giving up! ;-)

• the city wife 10/29/2012 at 2:04 pm

You are so adorable. I love all your outfits! Hope you are doing well :)