you’ll never believe where I bought these pants.

12/03/2012 18 Comments

you’ll never believe where I bought these pants.

12/03/2012 18 Comments

LEI skinny jeans

Billabong graphic tote

Bucco riding boots

Remember the polka-dot skinnies I made with Anne a while ago? When we went to Wally World to find cheap black jeans I could paint all over without fear or regret, we also found a display full of L.E.I. knit pants in an assortment of really great colors for — ready for it? — $13.00 a pair. They call them “jeans,” but there’s really nothing jean-like about them; they’re more of a thin stretch twill that fit like a jegging. I worried a little that the color would wash out in the first spin cycle, but they’re impressively colorfast! And super comfy. I wear them more than I ever expected I would, so my cost-per-wear is probably somewhere around a buck by now and these babies still have a lot of mileage left. Thirteen bucks well spent.

Does anyone else remember rocking L.E.I.’s through middle school? Is it weird that I felt a little nostalgic standing under the bad super-center-florescent-lighting, holding up a pair and remembering all the ways I wore my super flares back in the day? Which my mom paid way more than $13 for, as I recall. I imagine this is how kids of the 80’s felt when Walmart started selling O.P.

Sidebar: A special thanks to all you little magic healers for your great home-remedy advice on recuperating from a cold last Monday! I walked through the grocery store on Tuesday with my phone in one hand and a tissue in the other, reading through your suggestions and tossing nearly every one of them into my basket. I’m happy to report that with your help, I’m on the mend and almost back to 100%. My immune system — and my husband and staff who had deal with me through aches and pains and fever-induced mood swings — thank you!

• prints charming | A Pretty Penny 12/05/2012 at 5:46 pm

[…] a few months ago. You’ll just have to imagine the rest: my Lucky Brand jeans tucked into the Bucco riding boots I’ve been wearing nonstop since they arrived in the mail from Hautelook, and a little beanie […]

• Sarah's Real Life 12/04/2012 at 11:06 pm

I totally had L.E.I.s in middle school…forgot about them until now! Haha! Excellent find…Wal-Mart scares me.

Sarah’s Real Life

• […] PVC with studs and/or glitter purchased from an outlet store or The Walmarts (although, we know great things can be found there.) I had $50 to put toward it, and hoped to run into some holiday specials in the […]

• nchanel 12/04/2012 at 11:56 am

So going to Walmart for those!

• DownEastChic 12/04/2012 at 7:34 am

Reblogged this on DownEastChic.

• sunnywithasideof 12/03/2012 at 10:27 pm

Wow! what a great deal on your pants!! BEautiful color too!! It is my dream to pull of colorful pants like yours… thanks for giving me the inspiration!!

Have a great week!
    Christy
    Sunnywithasideof…

• rhonda grimes 12/03/2012 at 9:44 pm

I have a purple pair and red pair of LEI “jeans” from Walmart…and I actually wear them way more than my more exensive colord skinnies. They are SO comfortable and super affordable1 LOVE!

• DressedinMYcloset 12/03/2012 at 9:27 pm

Great color combo!! XO

• alyssa 12/03/2012 at 7:36 pm

giiirl, i just bought two pairs of no boundaries skinnies from wal-mart last night. one in teal and one in dark purple. less than $10/pair. aside from my too-thick-for-juniors-clothes calves being sausaged into them, they’re ah-mazing. i saw the l.e.i. ones, too, but was so blinded by the no boundaries color selection that i didn’t pay much attention to them.

• Terri 12/03/2012 at 7:00 pm

Well done! I haven’t gotten clothes from Wal-Mart in YEARS!

• rhiannon 12/03/2012 at 6:59 pm

what a deal! i am gonna have to check out wal-mart this week!

• melissajplum 12/03/2012 at 6:34 pm

I love the outfit!!

• lalovesblog 12/03/2012 at 6:10 pm

I can’t believe your pants were only $13.. that is amazing! I also love that sweater, it looks so cozy!
    ~Lauren

• FeminineSway 12/03/2012 at 5:44 pm

Love those, especially paired with those boots and bag!

• ehug11 12/03/2012 at 5:37 pm

I love the jeans and really go well with all the items of clothing , especially the tan boots!!!

• At Least I Look Cute! 12/03/2012 at 5:29 pm

Hello from a new blogger! I love your blog. And yes, I remember when L.E.I.s were THE jeans to have (and Mudd, of course.)

I always love when I get a compliment on something I’m wearing, and I can respond with “Thanks. They’re from (totally unexpected place) and they were (a super low price.)”

• Madeline 12/03/2012 at 5:16 pm

I got the same (or a similar) pair in plum. I luuurve them. Though I do find the rise to be a little low.

• cuckoo 12/03/2012 at 5:04 pm