a little bit country

12/19/2012 10 Comments

a little bit country

12/19/2012 10 Comments

I mentioned in an earlier post that we booked five weddings this month. Super exciting stuff, and a record number of bookings for a single month. Let’s recap: First there was Jessica’s wintry wonderland nuptials with pounds of peppermints and bushels of red roses. Then we brightened things up for Kim’s elegant backyard I-dos with a peacock themed bouquet and boutonnieres. Last weekend, we switched gears and kept things simple and subtle for Patty’s “vintage rustic” outdoor wedding.

Patty tied the knot in a beautiful lakefront ceremony, surrounded by lots of special rustic details. There were lots of mason jars filled with garden-style fresh flowers, yards of burlap, bushels of dried wheat, and bunches of curly willow branches. Her wedding planner, Ashley, did a great job playing up the natural beauty of the venue and I tried to carry over that easy natural vibe when designing her bouquets.

IMG_7058 IMG_7078

The color scheme was a washed out palette of pale dusty pink, light yellow, ivory, and antique blue. Patty’s bouquet included the sweetest powder pink roses paired with ivory roses, football mums and cushions, and blue thistle. To give her bouquet a little extra sparkle, I moseyed over to one of the antique stores near our shop and picked out a few vintage brooches to pin to the handle. I was so excited to find this antique blue one that matched her colors perfectly!

IMG_7084 IMG_7067

Can I just say that I want to wrap everything in burlap? I’m officially obsessed. The attendants’ bouquets featured the same flowers as the bride, but with pink spray roses and a little yellow solidago mixed in — all wrapped up in ivory satin with a burlap overlay. {Burlap!}

• Kimberly April 12/30/2012 at 1:59 am

Very pretty! The thistle adds such a fun punch of color.

• Megan 12/21/2012 at 7:02 pm

Your latest florals have been A-mazing!!!! I am in love with this boquet, but was ALL about the winter red/mints wedding…I would have done a winter wedding had I not been so eager to marry my man :) anyhoo, your work is truly art and I love seeing it all!! Have a WONDERFUL Christmas!

• keiralennox 12/27/2012 at 12:06 pm

Thank you so much, Megan!! You have no idea how much that means. I’m still pretty new at this floral design thing, so I really appreciate the encouragement! Hope you had a lovely Christmas, and happy new year!

• biscuitsandnavy 12/20/2012 at 2:59 pm

That is just beyond beautiful! You are so talented!

• jormit3 12/19/2012 at 11:41 pm

Those flowers are gorgeous!

• Corinne 12/19/2012 at 5:18 pm

So gorgeous! I REALLY like these ones – I didn’t think flowers could convey ‘rustic’ so well! :)

life-etcblog.blogspot.com.au

• This Merry Life 12/19/2012 at 3:40 pm

Gorgeous! Which I had thought of these for my wedding :)

• edgeofjade 12/19/2012 at 11:44 am

I love the flowers and the colors :)

• crisjonthin 12/19/2012 at 11:22 am

Reblogged this on windows and commented:
    a little bit country