a little bit country

I mentioned in an earlier post that we booked five weddings this month. Super exciting stuff, and a record number of bookings for a single month. Let’s recap: First there was Jessica’s wintry wonderland nuptials with pounds of peppermints and bushels of red roses. Then we brightened things up for Kim’s elegant backyard I-dos with a peacock themed bouquet and boutonnieres. Last weekend, we switched gears and kept things simple and subtle for Patty’s “vintage rustic” outdoor wedding.

Patty tied the knot in a beautiful lakefront ceremony, surrounded by lots of special rustic details. There were lots of mason jars filled with garden-style fresh flowers, yards of burlap, bushels of dried wheat, and bunches of curly willow branches. Her wedding planner, Ashley, did a great job playing up the natural beauty of the venue and I tried to carry over that easy natural vibe when designing her bouquets.

IMG_7058 IMG_7078

The color scheme was a washed out palette of pale dusty pink, light yellow, ivory, and antique blue. Patty’s bouquet included the sweetest powder pink roses paired with ivory roses, football mums and cushions, and blue thistle. To give her bouquet a little extra sparkle, I moseyed over to one of the antique stores near our shop and picked out a few vintage brooches to pin to the handle. I was so excited to find this antique blue one that matched her colors perfectly!

IMG_7084 IMG_7067

Can I just say that I want to wrap everything in burlap? I’m officially obsessed. The attendants’ bouquets featured the same flowers as the bride, but with pink spray roses and a little yellow solidago mixed in — all wrapped up in ivory satin with a burlap overlay. {Burlap!}

1. Kimberly April wrote:

Very pretty! The thistle adds such a fun punch of color.

Posted 12.30.12 Reply
  2. Megan wrote:

Your latest florals have been A-mazing!!!! I am in love with this boquet, but was ALL about the winter red/mints wedding…I would have done a winter wedding had I not been so eager to marry my man :) anyhoo, your work is truly art and I love seeing it all!! Have a WONDERFUL Christmas!

Posted 12.21.12 Reply
    • Thank you so much, Megan!! You have no idea how much that means. I’m still pretty new at this floral design thing, so I really appreciate the encouragement! Hope you had a lovely Christmas, and happy new year!

Posted 12.27.12 Reply
  3. That is just beyond beautiful! You are so talented!

Posted 12.20.12 Reply
  4. jormit3 wrote:

Those flowers are gorgeous!

Posted 12.19.12 Reply
  5. Corinne wrote:

So gorgeous! I REALLY like these ones – I didn’t think flowers could convey ‘rustic’ so well! :)

life-etcblog.blogspot.com.au

Posted 12.19.12 Reply
  6. Gorgeous! Which I had thought of these for my wedding :)

Posted 12.19.12 Reply
  7. edgeofjade wrote:

I love the flowers and the colors :)

Posted 12.19.12 Reply
  8. Reblogged this on windows and commented:
    a little bit country

Posted 12.19.12 Reply
  9. Such beautiful flowers!

Posted 12.19.12 Reply

@keiralennox

• Some days I have my sh*t together; some days I have to get ready to go out to dinner on my office floor with a mirror propped against the wall.
  • Can’t make a downtown Bartow delivery without popping into @rafanatural’s beautiful shop to restock my coconut bar soap stash; ‘Relaxation’ for me, ‘Sandalwood’ for the husband. 🛁 #shopsmall #shoplocal #rafanatural
  • #mondaymotivation courtesy of this neighborhood truck on our morning walk. 😉
  • Doakie’s got those Friday feels. ☺️💕 #dogsofig #tgif #instagood
  • New motivational reads for my #werk stack, inspired by @larsbookclub. These are my favorite kinds of books to enjoy and then share with friends and my flower shop team. 💕 #bookstagram #larsbookclub #booksofig #goodreads #joyful
  • Busy days are our favorite days. 💕 Kicking our feet up after a long day and feeling so grateful for our special clients who trust us to help them ‘say it with flowers’ for all kinds of occasions. #shoplocal #shopsmall #floristlife