restless…

01/07/2013 28 Comments

IMG_7403 IMG_7380

My mom called at the shop this afternoon, and asked about my day. “Mmm, okay. It’s kind of slow,” I replied. “Good,” she said, “you need a little break to catch your breath!” She’s totally right, as per usual. But why didn’t I think of that?

Chad and I are both guilty of catching ants-in-the-pants when our plates aren’t as full as we’d like them to be. And after the crazy shuffle of the holidays, our perception of busy gets a little distorted.  With volume nearly doubled on some business days in December, we have to reset our expectations to what’s “normal” come January. Sometimes this takes a little while. Hopefully we’ll figure it out in time to enjoy some downtime before Valentine’s Day; which ohmigosh, is just five weeks away.

{ lace top and scarf (Beall’s Outlet); Mossimo skinnies (Target); Stampede boots c/o Wanted (ON SALE!); Steve Madden foldover clutch (Marshall’s); watch c/o Daniel Wellington }

• modestlypolished 01/23/2013 at 6:14 pm

I love the lace shirt! I adore your blog!

• heather 01/21/2013 at 3:36 pm

you hair is gorgeous~

• 114west 01/13/2013 at 9:31 pm

I really liked your clutch alot! Such a great buy and can go with so many different outfits and styles! Great find!

• lyddiegal 01/09/2013 at 6:40 pm

I think that clutch was a smart buy – it’s so cute and will pretty much work year round. love the lace top as well!

• Kelly Ann 01/09/2013 at 12:59 pm

Love the shirt!

• amy 01/08/2013 at 2:14 pm

cute outfit

• ralucasalageanu.wordpress.com 01/08/2013 at 1:52 pm

You are so beautiful !!! I’m in love with your hair.
    Great outfit !!

• varellano 01/08/2013 at 10:09 am

Hair: GORGE! And although I love the whole outfit, the clutch really makes it pop. Love!

• steffy 01/08/2013 at 9:32 am

First off, I love your top and your scarf! The two different shades of white/cream are great. Secondly, I know just how you feel. One of my biggest issues is that I feel like I need to constantly schedule myself to do something. I even schedule in my relaxing! If I’m not doing something, I feel unproductive. And lazy. But the truth is, we need downtime! Moms are so wise.

• keiralennox 01/08/2013 at 10:48 am

Moms ARE wise, aren’t they?

“I even schedule in my relaxing!” <– Me, too. It's crazy. Sundays are my only day off in the week, and I try to make myself relax. But I literally wake up in the middle of a nap and feel pangs of guilt and think about all the things I should be doing instead. Getting over this is one of my resolutions for the new year.

• elkeeb 01/08/2013 at 12:24 am

You look adorable! The boots are to die for!

• Franziska 01/07/2013 at 9:44 pm

I love the romance of this outfit – the nudes and the lace and the curls are beautiful.

• Kayla 01/07/2013 at 9:02 pm

Girl you are gorg!! I think another hair tutorial is in order. It looks amazing!!

• keiralennox 01/08/2013 at 10:49 am

Thank you, Kayla!! I’m getting a little trimmy-trim on Friday. It’s a little longer than I can manage right now. I’ll definitely get another tutorial up afterwards!

• Metallic Dapper 01/07/2013 at 8:32 pm

You were SO smart to pair the cream and tan with the orange from your bag. Great combination and a great take on taking something really simple and making it really fashionable! Love!
    Ciao.
    themetallicdapper.wordpress.com

• keiralennox 01/08/2013 at 10:50 am

Well, thank you! I love neutrals paired with brights.

• Joanna@DrizzleofSunshine 01/07/2013 at 6:51 pm

Love the whole outfit! Cute and comfy. My favorite part is your hair! So pretty :)

• lifewithpinkprincesses 01/07/2013 at 6:39 pm

Enjoy your break!

• Robin 01/07/2013 at 6:31 pm

The entire outfit is adorable, BUT I absolutely LOVE that clutch. Great find! :-)

• sarah 01/07/2013 at 6:12 pm

I’ve been feeling the same way coming off of a holiday season. But, I enjoy resting and being alone more than anything else… hahaha! also, you have amazing hair!!!

• polkadottango 01/07/2013 at 6:08 pm

I LOVE my Mossimo skinnies! There pretty much the only skinny jeans I buy! :)

• sirenadelfirey 01/07/2013 at 5:32 pm

Great outfit. Love it. Enjoy your break.