restless…

IMG_7403 IMG_7380

My mom called at the shop this afternoon, and asked about my day. “Mmm, okay. It’s kind of slow,” I replied. “Good,” she said, “you need a little break to catch your breath!” She’s totally right, as per usual. But why didn’t I think of that?

Chad and I are both guilty of catching ants-in-the-pants when our plates aren’t as full as we’d like them to be. And after the crazy shuffle of the holidays, our perception of busy gets a little distorted.  With volume nearly doubled on some business days in December, we have to reset our expectations to what’s “normal” come January. Sometimes this takes a little while. Hopefully we’ll figure it out in time to enjoy some downtime before Valentine’s Day; which ohmigosh, is just five weeks away.

{ lace top and scarf (Beall’s Outlet); Mossimo skinnies (Target); Stampede boots c/o Wanted (ON SALE!); Steve Madden foldover clutch (Marshall’s); watch c/o Daniel Wellington }

1. I love the lace shirt! I adore your blog!

Posted 1.23.13 Reply
  2. heather wrote:

you hair is gorgeous~

Posted 1.21.13 Reply
  3. 114west wrote:

I really liked your clutch alot! Such a great buy and can go with so many different outfits and styles! Great find!

Posted 1.13.13 Reply
  4. lyddiegal wrote:

I think that clutch was a smart buy – it’s so cute and will pretty much work year round. love the lace top as well!

Posted 1.9.13 Reply
  5. Kelly Ann wrote:

Love the shirt!

Posted 1.9.13 Reply
  6. amy wrote:

cute outfit

Posted 1.8.13 Reply
  7. You are so beautiful !!! I’m in love with your hair.
    Great outfit !!

Posted 1.8.13 Reply
  8. varellano wrote:

Hair: GORGE! And although I love the whole outfit, the clutch really makes it pop. Love!

Posted 1.8.13 Reply
  9. steffy wrote:

First off, I love your top and your scarf! The two different shades of white/cream are great. Secondly, I know just how you feel. One of my biggest issues is that I feel like I need to constantly schedule myself to do something. I even schedule in my relaxing! If I’m not doing something, I feel unproductive. And lazy. But the truth is, we need downtime! Moms are so wise.

Posted 1.8.13 Reply
    • Moms ARE wise, aren’t they?

“I even schedule in my relaxing!” <– Me, too. It's crazy. Sundays are my only day off in the week, and I try to make myself relax. But I literally wake up in the middle of a nap and feel pangs of guilt and think about all the things I should be doing instead. Getting over this is one of my resolutions for the new year.

Posted 1.8.13 Reply
  10. elkeeb wrote:

You look adorable! The boots are to die for!

Posted 1.8.13 Reply
  11. Franziska wrote:

I love the romance of this outfit – the nudes and the lace and the curls are beautiful.

Posted 1.7.13 Reply
  12. Kayla wrote:

Girl you are gorg!! I think another hair tutorial is in order. It looks amazing!!

Posted 1.7.13 Reply
    • Thank you, Kayla!! I’m getting a little trimmy-trim on Friday. It’s a little longer than I can manage right now. I’ll definitely get another tutorial up afterwards!

Posted 1.8.13 Reply
  13. You were SO smart to pair the cream and tan with the orange from your bag. Great combination and a great take on taking something really simple and making it really fashionable! Love!
    Ciao.
    themetallicdapper.wordpress.com

Posted 1.7.13 Reply
    • Well, thank you! I love neutrals paired with brights.

Posted 1.8.13 Reply
  14. Love the whole outfit! Cute and comfy. My favorite part is your hair! So pretty :)

Posted 1.7.13 Reply
  15. Enjoy your break!

Posted 1.7.13 Reply
  16. Robin wrote:

The entire outfit is adorable, BUT I absolutely LOVE that clutch. Great find! :-)

Posted 1.7.13 Reply
  17. sarah wrote:

I’ve been feeling the same way coming off of a holiday season. But, I enjoy resting and being alone more than anything else… hahaha! also, you have amazing hair!!!

Posted 1.7.13 Reply
  18. I LOVE my Mossimo skinnies! There pretty much the only skinny jeans I buy! :)

Posted 1.7.13 Reply
  19. Great outfit. Love it. Enjoy your break.

Posted 1.7.13 Reply