1: ready for anything

01/22/2013 36 Comments

1: ready for anything

01/22/2013 36 Comments

For me, getting dressed every day is kind of a balancing act. It’s important that I wear things that are practical for running around the shop, lifting things, standing at a design table for hours on end, etc. But it’s equally important to look put-together and professional, so I’m ready for anything. Like a walk-in bridal consult, a meeting with a new client, or the rare occasion that I — like today — open my day planner and realize, @$#!,  I totally forgot about that speed-business-networking thing at the Chamber of Commerce this afternoon. This is why I also keep a little stash of dress-up accessories in my desk at the shop, just in case. A crazy business woman style survival kit, if you will. It includes: a pair of nude Nine West pumps (which I’ll probably change into before heading to said networking thing later), a couple of neutral scarves in case I need to cover a bleach/tea/lunch stain from earlier in the day, a few cute statement pieces of costume jewelry, red lipstick, and dry shampoo. My momma taught me to always be prepared. And to always wear clean underwear; you just never know.

Remix #1: Gap Always Skinny Jeans | New York & Company ruffle tee | LOFT jacket | Apt 9 colorblock scarf | Bucco riding boots via Hautelook ($38) | Nine West clutch (Macy’s clearance, $7.50)

• anettecosmopolitan 04/06/2013 at 2:41 pm

Such a pretty outfit. You’re so beautyful. :)

• andraborcea 03/14/2013 at 5:45 pm

awww, you are so sweet! i like your outfits from the other posts wery much! you seem to be a very kind and positive person! all the best!<3

• keiralennox 03/22/2013 at 10:38 pm

This is so sweet of you to say! Thank you for sharing!

• debbiesue180 03/03/2013 at 8:50 pm

Love the clutch. You are a great style.

• Maddie 02/02/2013 at 12:47 am

I can totally understand about having to be ready for anything… the weather now is always changing its like I don’t even know what to decided half the time! In college we have to walk everywhere and I just can’t find a cute “ready for anything” outfit that can handle both school and weather! I’m wishing I had a balance——- btw, I Love this blog! Very interesting & Fabulous!

• Rebecca Henreckson 01/29/2013 at 1:25 pm

This is a fabulous outfit – I love classy elegant looks. And the blazer + scarf combo is really pretty.

• alina 01/27/2013 at 6:59 am

i love the color of your purse, its flashy but not like a highway sign :) kidding, some gloves on the same color would look nice too. oooh and a cover for your phone or some earings, but thats just my opinion :)

• bluiyz 01/26/2013 at 3:16 pm

Reblogged this on theunseasonedhousewife and commented:
    Love this “go to” idea for working or non-working moms

• juligazzaniga 01/25/2013 at 12:28 pm

The “crazy business woman style survival kit” is actually pretty clever!!

• Tam Nguyen 01/24/2013 at 4:30 pm

you are so beautiful! Simple and beautiful.

• preppyandfunny 01/23/2013 at 8:53 pm

Look adorable! XO

• mferley 01/23/2013 at 6:20 pm

super cute outfit! functional too!

• Terri 01/23/2013 at 5:43 pm

That’s a pretty brilliant idea. Hope your networking thing went well!

• shannon 01/23/2013 at 4:03 pm

You look gorgeous! Love your layers and stunning clutch.

• Cynthia Bigrigg 01/23/2013 at 1:40 pm

This is brilliant. Thanks for sharing! :)

• Michelle 01/23/2013 at 10:37 am

Very cute and comfortable! Also, LOVE the nailpolish color! Mind sharing?? :)

• keiralennox 01/23/2013 at 1:03 pm

“Really Red” by Essie! I always finish my at-home manis with a topcoat of Essie’s “Good to Go,” which dries super quick and keeps them glassy for days after polishing :)

• Jupe 01/23/2013 at 9:30 am

This is such a great example of casual chic…with the high pony, silk scarf, and big glasses you look very Audrey! But the cozy boots and jeans keeps it comfy for a long day!

<3 Cambria
    jupefashion.blogspot.com

• keiralennox 01/23/2013 at 10:21 am

Ahhh, best compliment over! I’m always striving to look more Audrey ;-)

• style snapshot 01/23/2013 at 12:45 am

Hey love! Just discovered your wonderful blog and will definitely be visiting again. $7.50 for the clutch?!?! What a steal :)

• Beautystyleandgrowth 01/22/2013 at 11:14 pm

Love the simplicity of this outfit and that clutch. How did I miss it at Macys. Really nice

• Sarah's Real Life 01/22/2013 at 8:45 pm

That is a great idea! I don’t really have the need for a stash like that at the moment, but I’m still impressed :)

~Sarah of the New and Improved Sarah’s Real Life

• Girl and Closet (@girlandcloset) 01/22/2013 at 4:40 pm

Oh you look stunning! I absolutely adore this look, Keira! xo

• corinnelifeetc 01/22/2013 at 4:16 pm

Great look! I can totally see you transforming it into an evening look with those things from your ‘survival kit’! Haha it always pays to be prepared :)

life-etcblog.blogspot.com.au

• bobbieschae 01/22/2013 at 3:48 pm

Great idea! Thanks for sharing! :)

• Lindsay Alexander 01/22/2013 at 3:10 pm

Much like you, I feel like I refer to my house as my second home. My little shop is open 7 days a week so out of what I feel is necessity, I’ve set up a survival closet in my office. Make-up, accessories and a few go-to wardrobe essentials, it has ALL saved me on numerous occasions, especially the days that I give “that” sweater one more shot.
    Love knowing I’m not alone. Fab advice!

• keiralennox 01/22/2013 at 3:55 pm

“I refer to my house as my second home.” <– word.

I checked out your shop on Facebook, and it looks lovely! :)

• mypolyvorefashions 01/22/2013 at 2:38 pm

Love those boots!

• keiralennox 01/22/2013 at 3:56 pm

Thank you! They’re my favorites this season, and were really affordable!

• Raimi Salami 01/22/2013 at 1:23 pm

Love love this!

Yours Fashionably

Raimi

• steffy 01/22/2013 at 1:13 pm

What a great idea, to have those things on hand. I’m kind of the opposite, I need to have comfies on stash at work, just in case I decide to run errands after work and my dress and heels choice for that day just don’t quite work. So I keep a hoodie, sweats and tennis shoes in my drawer!

• keiralennox 01/22/2013 at 3:58 pm

So funny, when I worked in a corporate job I did the exact same thing! I kept a little stash of flats and jeans in my car all the time, just in case something casual came up after work. I also loved those little roll-up flats that you can stash in a handbag!

• lifewithpinkprincesses 01/23/2013 at 8:17 am

My mum always makes sure we go to the toilet before leaving anywhere… Like you said… You never know!