new connections

01/29/2013 17 Comments

new connections

01/29/2013 17 Comments

Last night I spent a lovely evening at my friend Cathy’s, in the company of some seriously talented — and equally sweet and warm — local folks to learn about an exciting fashion event we’re putting together in September (stay tuned, more on that later). As we sipped cocktails and enjoyed dinner at Cathy’s beautiful home, I learned about their businesses, their families, and these beautiful handcrafted farm tables that I’m coveting for the flower shop. How lovely would one of those babies be as a design table?! I digress…

Before last night, I was familiar with most of the group through mutual friends or stalking their creative work through social media, but I hadn’t had the opportunity to officially connect with all of them face-to-face. I was a little nervous on the drive over; meeting new people always gives me butterflies, and they flutter more ferociously when I’m awestruck by their talent. Everyone was so gracious and welcoming, and I soaked up their creative energy throughout the night like a sponge. Before driving home, I called Chad and chattered away about all these new friends. And now I’m going to tell you about a few of them, too.

Ashley & Andy of Indie Atlantic Films: These are the folks behind the poor porker video I shared last week. They’re a full-service video production company, and you can check out their other videos here.

Andrea of SweetCakes Bakery: Ohhhemgee, what this sweet woman can do with homemade fondant. Her cake designs are impeccable, and equally delicious. Last night she made a flourless chocolate cake that was to.die. And she’ll probably kill me for throwing this out, but she’s going to be on Sugar Dome this Saturday at 1PM EST on Food Network!

Courtney of Style by Courtney: Cathy introduced us a couple years ago, and we’ve stayed connected through Facebook. Courtney has a great eye for style, and can turn the most basic of outfits into stunners with well-placed accessories. Her latest venture is with The Lakelander magazine.

Laura of Ashton Events: Laura takes wedding planning and event design to a whole other level. I’ve been lurking around her blog for a while now, so I was really excited to meet her. Just look at her gallery!

I also met Trisha, a lady of many artistic talents that I hear has mad restyling skills (perhaps a future blog collabo is in order?!)

Cathy is the driving force behind getting us all together, and I’m so grateful that she brought me on board to work on this exciting project. Thank you, Cathy!

Stay tuned for details about the event, and ways you local readers can get involved…

Top – Marshall’s, $16.99 | Skinnies – Simply Vera Vera Wang | Sandals – Seychelles via Hautelook |  Bag – JustFab | Necklace – c/o LydellNYC | drugstore sunnies

• […] where I’m powerless against the pull of the seductive 70% off racks. I found these soft stretch ankle skinnies in bright lime green and soft baby blue for $14.50 each and scooped up both […]

• respect the shoes 02/01/2013 at 9:09 pm

How do you get your hair so shiny bouncy wavy? It’s gorge!

• hewicke 02/01/2013 at 12:32 pm

Just started Following you blog because I relate and enjoy every single post! Can’t wait for more to come.
    Follow me for Fashions ideas and randoms thoughts.

• Rebecca Henreckson 01/31/2013 at 6:00 pm

I love this simple, fresh outfit – the neutrals and pop of color are really pretty together.

• rjgifford 01/31/2013 at 5:57 pm

Hi Keira!
    As I sit at my computer with lovely leopard snuggies on my feet, looking out into a snow-filled yard, I LOVED seeing your fresh outfit. Love the tangerine top!
    Robin

• Jupe 01/31/2013 at 1:47 pm

You look so lovely in this bright blouse! It’s beautiful against your dark hair…and those sunnies are really fun.

<3 Cambria
    jupefashion.blogspot.com

• 114west 01/31/2013 at 11:27 am

Love your blog! I work at a flower shop also in Montana and it is not very often I see people who are younger working in this industry! So awesome!

• keiralennox 01/31/2013 at 3:39 pm

Yay!! I’m officially following 114-West so I can keep up with your style and flower adventures!

• Chloe Moon 01/30/2013 at 3:08 pm

I really have to join some blog meetups!! They seem like so much fun!! =)

• Sara Kent 01/30/2013 at 3:04 pm

Keira! Some of the people that you met the other night are some of my very favorite people that live in Lakeland (and some of THE MOST talented too!)

So, I’m just here creepin’ on your blog like always when I see you mention getting to meet some great new creative people, which is always fun, but yes, a bit nerve racking…..it’s such a small world that I would know so many of the lovelies on your list!

But just wait…the world gets even smaller…..My husband built that farm table you covet with his dad! That’s right, my hubs Matt Kent, is one of the men behind Pine-Stock!

I just love reading (stalking) your blog and reading about your business and style, that you write in such a fresh and funny way!

It’s wonderful to know that such a lovely blogger has had the opportunity to meet some of Lakeland’s very best creatives!

P.S. have you made it out to The Poor Porker yet? ….for the sake of your taste buds I hope the answer is yes! ;)

• keiralennox 01/31/2013 at 3:38 pm

Sara, were your ears burning Monday night?! I heard so many great things about you guys from everyone! I would LOVE to get a little coffee date on the books sometime and meet you. I’ve been following your work for a long time, too :)

• Aimee 01/30/2013 at 12:47 pm

Keira, you are the real deal! Believe me, these gals are probably singing the hallelujah chorus together, knowing that you’ll be helping with the project! Good for you! Have fun with it! I’m excited to watch the whole thing develop!

• Sarah's Real Life 01/30/2013 at 9:03 am

You hair looks fantastic!!!

~Sarah of Sarah’s Real Life
    P.S. I’d love for you to join in on my “Take One, Pass it On” Outfit Remix challenge! (maybe something to help/distract you on your shopping diet?)

• shannon 01/29/2013 at 9:48 pm

I’m always nervous about meeting new people as well, but it sounds like a lovely group of ladies and a wonderful time. :) You look gorgeous and cheerful as always. xo.

• preppyandfunny 01/29/2013 at 7:09 pm

so cute ! these colors look great on you!

• 76sanfermo 01/29/2013 at 6:51 pm

Meeting creative talents is so exciting! And sometimes contagious too!
    I wish you good luck!